Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 5 GameThread vs Bucks

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 5 GameThread vs Bucks

I'm heading down early to tailgate today. If anybody wants to stop by and say hi my seats are in section # 101 row 27 seats 107, 108. Ill be wearing a home Marvin jersey. This game probably has me the most nervous of any of the games thus far.

Default Re: Week 5 GameThread vs Bucks

Are we playing Milwaukee? (jk) The Sun-Sentinel is proclaiming Tony Ugoh as the best rookie thus far in the NFL. Folks, this dude was selected with THE TENTH PICK IN THE SECOND ROUND. He plays one of the toughest positions in football in a very complicated scheme and is getting almost no help. He's already a better run blocker than Tarik Glenn IMO. Our personnel dept. has reached god-like status and is causing unsightly drool to form at the edges of my mouth.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,2562027.story
    Ugoh best of class

Colts rookie OT steps into lineup

Not only has Adrian Peterson run up three 100-yard games for Minnesota, but he has been an effective receiver out of the backfield and returned kickoffs as well.

Patrick Willis has given San Francisco its best inside linebacking in years. And Amobi Okoye, the 20-year-old defensive tackle the Dolphins decided not to draft, has had a dramatic impact on Houston's run defense.

But there's more to judging rookies than merely crunching numbers, and after four games, which is just enough time to put a gauge on the wealth of new players in the NFL, Indianapolis left tackle Tony Ugoh is the best in show.

It's never easy to quantify how well offensive linemen perform because there isn't a lot of objective data to examine. Still, we know this about the former University of Arkansas football and track star: He has been thrust into the most demanding job on an offensive line, protecting the blind side of his quarterback, Peyton Manning. Ugoh has taken the rap for just one sack, and that was a mental mistake, which is a lot easier to correct than a physical error.

In practice, Ugoh has handled two of the best finesse pass-rushers in teammates Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, then did an outstanding job against two major bull-rushers Kyle Vanden Bosch of Tennessee and Charles Grant of New Orleans.

And he's done it virtually without help. The Colts are so confident with Ugoh's skills that he's now strictly a one-on-one player. There have been no chipping of his defensive end opponents with a tight end or running back, and that has allowed Manning to continue to flood the field with receivers.

Colts vice president Bill Polian, who made Ugoh the 10th pick of the second round, didn't expect him to be an immediate starter, even after signing him quickly and giving him a full training camp. But by the third exhibition game, Polian said, it was clear he had the physical and emotional skills to step in for the retired Tarik Glenn.

"I remember after that third game, where we played our starters well into the second half, Peyton and I were chatting, and he just nodded and said, 'He's fine.'"

Wide receiver Calvin Johnson of Detroit, the No. 2 pick? He's been nicked up, and the Lions are in no hurry with him because they've got three other producing receivers.

Copyright 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we playing Milwaukee? (jk) The Sun-Sentinel is proclaiming Tony Ugoh as the best rookie thus far in the NFL. Folks, this dude was selected with THE TENTH PICK IN THE SECOND ROUND. He plays one of the toughest positions in football in a very complicated scheme and is getting almost no help. He's already a better run blocker than Tarik Glenn IMO. Our personnel dept. has reached god-like status and is causing unsightly drool to form at the edges of my mouth.
    B...B...but I thought that media said that the Colts reached for Ugoh, he had tons of personal issues and didn't seem willing to learn, and the pick was completely unnecessary. I love how the pundits never hold themselves accountable for this kind of stuff. First, we didn't need Reggie Wayne, second, Freeney was a reach, and now Ugoh. They crack me up every time. The media just needs to shut the hell up and bow to King Polian.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere View Post
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,2562027.story
    Best rookie? No way. Ugoh has been great, but Adrian Peterson has been unstoppable. The only reason he doesn't lead the league in yards is because his coaching staff keeps giving him 15 carries a game because the **** poor vikings are always playing from behind. Teams have keyed in on AD and he is still running over them or around them.

As for this game, if Harrison and Addai are out..I think this will be a very close game. I can't even call who will win, but the Bucks defense has been nasty this year. They are VERY good at stopping QBs so if Peyton can throw on this team, he can throw on any defense in the league.

I predict Dallas Clark posting a huge day thanks to match-ups against Cato June.

They seem to be feasting on the defectors.

I just got home. I see we're up 7 to 0, but what all has happened so far? Who's out? Who's playing? How quickly/easily did we score? Have we had a defensive possession yet?

Well, that blocked PAT aside, 13-0 at the top of the second on the "nastiest" defense in the NFL so far is pretty encouraging!

Holy crap Dallas got hit hard. He doesn't look too good.....

*sigh* The Bucs are starting to march. It feels like the momentum has swung considerably. A stop or at least a 3 point attempt would be big right now.

Everyone's at the game I guess......

i'm bummed cause i thought i could watch the game while doing a project, but i can't get the game here...

Well all things considered we seem to be in a good position right now. Scoring before half time would make things much more comfortable, however.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was actually a little worried about this game until I found out it was in the dome. We're virtually unbeatable at home.

23-7

So, in hindsight of all that has happened, does anyone else believe that Gruden won his Super Bowl on the back of Dungy's work?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So, in hindsight of all that has happened, does anyone else believe that Gruden won his Super Bowl on the back of Dungy's work?
    There was never any doubt in my mind that was the case. I've never been impressed by Gruden. I'm not sure that Tampa Bay would've won the SB had Dungy stayed. I think he was in a rut there and needed to go. I remember being totally stoked that the Colts hired him. I would say that it has worked out! I hope he stays for a long time here.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Well, it looks like TB will have their chance to return the favor and make a record-setting comeback of their own.

30-7

woman without a team

Actually I think it had more to do with the fact that he was facing the team he used to coach that was still running the same offense they ran when he was there.

The Bucs are running it down our throats on this drive.

TD TB.

30-14

How about Kenton Keith?

Surprise onside kick there, but TB was offsides.

Quote Originally Posted by PF Chang View Post
    How about Kenton Keith?
    I'm starting to wonder if I couldn't pick up 100 yards as a RB in our offensive system. Not to take anything away from Keith, but we must have the world's greatest RB scout, because whoever we plug into the spot seems to tear it up.

The Bucs are running it down our throats on this drive.
    The Bucs had 9 rushing yards on the drive. I know you have a flair for the OMG OMG HAXORS, but that's not even vaguely, remotely, reasonably accurate.

And as I say that, Keith breaks through for a very nice run.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    The Bucs had 9 rushing yards on the drive. I know you have a flair for the OMG OMG HAXORS, but that's not even vaguely, remotely, reasonably accurate.
    And they ran those 9 RIGHT DOWN OUR THROATS.

I'll bet you money we don't win next week.