Thread: Our Biggest Weakness?

Default Our Biggest Weakness?

I voted for a shooter.

I tried to add a third entry that said "Another big body to bang in the post" but then it decided it didn't like me. Now I can't even delete this post.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Our Biggest Weakness?

I voted creator. Someone who can flat out score the ball on his own.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see a consistant shooter like a Kyle Korver or Jason Capono. Someone to run around and be able to knock down a 3 pointer or two...then head back to the bench.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

sweabs

Someone who can create their own shot.

Especially in this series it is important...look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ditto , A player that can "create their own shot"

look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...
    Interesting... when I think "Michael Redd" I think "Shooter." Jefferson not so much, but he's still decent from outside.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

sweabs

look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...
    Interesting... when I think "Michael Redd" I think "Shooter." Jefferson not so much, but he's still decent from outside.
    Did you watch Michael Redd in the series? He was penetrating and pulling up over his defender - making some wild shots - creating. He didn't get many points off open looks.

But he could. He's always out there, and defenses have to respect that even if he's not hitting his shot. He really stretches the floor and makes it easier inside for our big guys. You know you can't leave him open... if the last one missed, then the next one is that much more likely to go in. He's never met a shot he was afraid of.

Wait.... were we talking about Redd or Reggie?

Enjoy your time at PD!

There was little driving by Redd (though you are right he didn't have a ton of open jumpers after game 2). Almost all his shots were pull-up jumpers over the defender. His release is so quick it was almost undefendable. Sometimes it looked as though the shot was off before the jump. By the end of the series it was rediculous. The D was on him but everyone understood that it didn't matter.

Jefferson is definately a good example though.

joro

Neither.

POINT GUARD.

I've been saying it all year.

joro

Steveman

Neither.

POINT GUARD.

I've been saying it all year.

joro
    I flatly disagree with this and I'm totally satisfied with the job Tinsley has done for this team ... we don't win 61 without him. We need a guy that can shoot lights out from outside.

It isn't, nor has it ever been the PG's job to bail the team out on offense.