Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indictment Brought Against Vick

Default Indictment Brought Against Vick

I guess the Feds found enough evidence:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289693,00.html
    A federal grand jury indicted Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick Tuesday in an investigation into illegal dog fighting.

Vick and three others are charged with violating federal laws against competitive dog fighting, procuring and training pit bulls for it and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

In the indictment, Vick and his co-defendants are accused of beginning dog fighting in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons. Also accused are Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor for "knowingly sponsoring and exibiting an animal fighting venture," and other charges.
    Here is the official indictment:
    http://alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/vick0717.pdf
    Last edited by McClintic Sphere; 07-17-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: pooh bah da boo boo

Default Re: Indictment Brought Against Vick

I can't see this turning out well for Mr. Vick. Federal indictment ... not exactly a local DUI you can plea out of.

Banned

With the way things are going maybe the NFL can you the prison system as its next minor league team.

The feds have an unbelievable conviction rate.......they don't bring indictments for the heck of it generally.

Wonder what Matt Schaub's thinking right now ... if I were him, I'd be rolling in my cash, but you never know.

I'd imagine the Falcons' GM, though, is a bit frenetic.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's what he gets for letting Ron Artest watch his dogs.

I think its digusting what he did to those dogs.If he is PROVEN guilty,then screw him.

Now on to the falcons...anyone see them going after Culpepper?
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its digusting what he did to those dogs.If he is PROVEN guilty,then screw him.

Now on to the falcons...anyone see them going after Culpepper?
    I bet they are really kicking themselves for letting their backup the last 2 seasons,Matt Shaub, go to Texans.
    Last edited by McClintic Sphere; 07-18-2007 at 08:37 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere View Post
    I bet they are really kicking themselves for letting their backup the last 2 seasons,Matt Shaub, go to Texans.
    I doubt it the texans wildly overpaid him, and Vick is a percieved star they will have to try and replace him with somebody more than a backup. That would be like replacing a HoF coach with an assistant coach, lets ask IU how that worked out.

Uh, they are looking at Joey Harrington or maybe Daunte Culpepper, but I'm sure they can just call up that special Hall of Fame quarterback store and put one on order. I see the strong analogy with IU basketball.

Banned

Uh, they are looking at Joey Harrington or maybe Daunte Culpepper, but I'm sure they can just call up that special Hall of Fame quarterback store and put one on order. I see the strong analogy with IU basketball.
    Considering you didn't understand it, no real surprise. The point is you don't replace a star(or a perceived star) with somebody that has never even been the man, let alone a star.

The point is, what you're talking about doesn't just materialize by wishing it to be so. The Falcons had what many view as a very talented backup in Matt Schaub, who was already familiar with the personnel in the system and now they are going to have to go with Joey Harrington or Daunte Culpepper who have both been kicked to the curb twice by other teams. What great quarterback do you think is just floating out there waiting to be claimed by the Falcons? Vick's gonna be lucky to avoid federal prison let alone suit up next year.

I think youd have better luck with daunte,just because he hasnt been healthy for the past couple years,and the last time he was actually healthy he was ALMOST on a peyton manning level.

You've seen just about all you are going to see in Joey Harrington.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Banned

The point is, what you're talking about doesn't just materialize by wishing it to be so. The Falcons had what many view as a very talented backup in Matt Schaub, who was already familiar with the personnel in the system and now they are going to have to go with Joey Harrington or Daunte Culpepper who have both been kicked to the curb twice by other teams. What great quarterback do you think is just floating out there waiting to be claimed by the Falcons? Vick's gonna be lucky to avoid federal prison let alone suit up next year.
    I never said to get a star or even get a great quarterback, I suggest you read posts more carefully.

Whatever analogies we want to use ... doesn't matter.

Matt Schaub's a pretty good player. He's not Kyle Orton or Damon Huard; he's better. Both of those guys had success when thrust into a starting role, yet they had been deemed mere backups.

There's a long list of backup QBs who were successful in the starting role. There's an equally long list of backups who weren't. My guess -- and probably the Falcons' as well -- is that Schaub would've been good there.

Now in Houston, he'll likely never get to prove it, seeing as to how he'll be laying on his back all year.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    Now in Houston, he'll likely never get to prove it, seeing as to how he'll be laying on his back all year.
    Paris Hilton made an empire out of that.........
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    Paris Hilton made an empire out of that.........
    Matt's only going to get like $38 million ... but he'll be doing it with guys.

I just get fed up with all of these criminals being on TV. I mean yeah it's probably something important.

But I saw the same topic about Pacman Jones like 1000 times. And they always show the same clips.

Like him looking around chewing a toothpick.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersin2033 View Post
    I never said to get a star or even get a great quarterback, I suggest you read posts more carefully.
    Put words in sentences that make some semblance of sense and I don't think you will miscommunicate as often.

MS and Pacers in 2033.....Can you guys lay off the per personal attacks on each other and get back to making fun of that dumb *** Micheal Vick?

Thanks

Nobody makes fun of Michael Vick dammit!:

Thats Mr. Ron Mexico to you sir!

Banned

Put words in sentences that make some semblance of sense and I don't think you will miscommunicate as often.
    Dude why are you turning to personal attacks, I suggest you read the rules of the board, or relax one or the other. You read something that I didn't say and tried to get uppity about it. I corrected you, say "my bad" and bad move on

The things that allegedly happened to these dogs is disgusting and outrageous. If true, I hope he goes to jail for a long time.

Whats really unfortunate is that our community idolizes these guys so much that if he does go to jail, people will welcome him right back. I wish all the major sports had policies that included that felony convictions would constitute a life time band, thats the only way proffessional sports will ever clean up it's act.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men