Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AK wants out of Utah

Default Re: AK wants out of Utah

I think playing JO and AK together at PF/C would cause you to get dominated on the boards. You'd likely lead the NBA in blocked shots, but neither of them are great rebounders and both have fairly thin frames, so defending players like Dwight Howard would be a nightmare. AK isn't a shooter either, so I cant see that fitting with what O'brien wants to run on offense.

If you could get him for bad contracts or clean up our rotation abit you would have to look at it, but I think Utah will receive far better offers.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should move murph...Dun and w/e else they want not granger tinsley jo and lets do it!
    well i think most of us would like to move murphy. but in this scenario, okur = rich man's troy murphy.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Lets not kid ourselves here. AK47's name will come up in Pacers trade discussions when Danny Granger's name comes up in Jazz trade discussions. I mean think about it. Look at what AK47 does for Utah, and look at what Granger does for us. It would only make sense for Utah to demand Granger as a part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves here. AK47's name will come up in Pacers trade discussions when Danny Granger's name comes up in Jazz trade discussions. I mean think about it. Look at what AK47 does for Utah, and look at what Granger does for us. It would only make sense for Utah to demand Granger as a part of the deal.
    I pretty much agree with that. AK for Dun and/or Murph and/or Harrison isn't realistic...
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And neither is AK for Granger. I'm still amazed at the value placed on the kid. I like him but he has done NOTHING compared to AK47.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    And neither is AK for Granger. I'm still amazed at the value placed on the kid. I like him but he has done NOTHING compared to AK47.
    Last year's stats:

PPG 13.9 vs 8.3
    RPG 4.6 vs 4.7

Yeah, AK wins in blocks and assists. That's why I'd like to get him. But saying Granger's done "nothing" is a bit much.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Last year's stats:

PPG 13.9 vs 8.3
    RPG 4.6 vs 4.7

Yeah, AK wins in blocks and assists. That's why I'd like to get him. But saying Granger's done "nothing" is a bit much.
    He conveniently won't be paid $13 million next year either.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    He conveniently won't be paid $13 million next year either.
    Good point.

That said, I'd rather pay AK than Dun/Murphy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Has anyone heard the story about this guy? He's wife is basically okay with him having sex with chicks on road games. He's a Russian Artest. (Defense, Trade requests, messed up life..)

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    He's a Russian Artest. (Defense, Trade requests, messed up life..)
    It's funny how one guy's "messed up" is another guy's heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    It wouldn't just be Granger. We'd obviously have to give more for talent and salary reasons. I'm just saying that there's no way Utah would give up AK and not expect Granger to be a major part of that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Has anyone heard the story about this guy? He's wife is basically okay with him having sex with chicks on road games. He's a Russian Artest. (Defense, Trade requests, messed up life..)
    I don't know why! His wife's hot!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    I don't know why! His wife's hot!
    That's probably why

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to mention Danny hasn't ever broken down mentally during the season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Some news about him:

AK wants to leave “Jazz” so much that he could play even in Europe. He told it to “Sport Express”.

“Everything is ok for me, i just want to leave “Jazz”. It might be not the strong team with a good players (my comment: pacers - he is surely thinking about you ). I dream to become NBA champion and that's important thing which holds me here, - AK told openly. – Where i'd want to continue my career? Maybe in Russia. I want to be where i'm needed. But i could play in other Euro clubs as well. It doesn't mean that I wish to play in Europe so much, it just means that i'm ready for that.”

About the coach he said that Sloan is kind of super coach, he
    just doesn't like his motivation scheme. He said that he kind of
    doesn't like to play hard only because he is paid millions for that.
    As i understood, he'd like to have another kind of motivation
    (like to win something, play for fans, have fun winning or similar -
    just my opinion).

As always - sorry for my english, my translation might not be accurate.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Mood

Maybe they'll buy AK out and we can sign him with those last few million separating us from the luxury tax.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

To send Granger and talent for a AK47 who is not demanding a trade and has produced what his contract entails is close. But this guy is not going to play for the Jazz. His trade value is down. Frankly if I were the Jazz I would trade him for Foster, Daniels, and a 1st and be happy about it.

looks like he is dead serious about leaving Utah. apparently he'll waive his contract if that's what it takes to get out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3029816

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

the mysterious PF we were looking for?

OK, his wife is fine with him seeing another woman now and then, but lets see if she is fine with him leaving >60 million dollars on the table.

I'm sure that Utah would much rather trade him and get something in return instead of just letting him walk away and get nothing. Even if his role was diminished in comparison to previous years, he was still an important part of that team. A team hoping to contend in the Western Conference can't just lose that and hope to return to the WCF the next year.

With that said, who is going to want to trade for him if there's a chance that he could wake up one morning and decide that he's just going to walk away from his contract?

That ESPN article seems to indicate that he's leaning pretty heavily towards going back to Russia or Europe to play.

I'd be leery of trading for him unless he says explicitly says he would like to play in Indiana for the remainder of his contract.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

So what's best for Utah? Buying him out for pennies, or trading to get some value back?

It's an honest question, as I'm not sure about Utah's cap situation. If it was the beginning of the summer, I'd say take the room and sign a FA. But now, they're probably better off with a trade.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...g-AK-Back.html

AK to Golden State, for Al Harrington and Sarunas Jasikevicius
    This isn't a fair trade for the Jazz, but I can totally see this as the sort of deal they'd make. Harrington's just that sort of overrated, orthodox plugger that the Jazz could throw right into that small forward slot in spite of anecdotal evidence (that probably isn't to be believed) that he's better suited for power forward.
    He's not really suited for either position, he's not quite suited for more than 30 minutes a game; but Harrington has made a career out of deceiving people into believing he's a lot better than he is. Harrington can't rebound, but he can score without needing the ball when he wants to, and the Jazz already dominate the glass with or without Kirilenko. Jasikevicius can shoot, play either backcourt position, and essentially act as a better version of Derek Fisher.
    Why wouldn't the deal go down? Golden State has made a point of limiting payroll bumps; and after this summer, it has become obvious that the Basketball Gods are angry with us, and they won't let us see Kirilenko dashing up and down the court with everybody's favorite Bay Area nutters.
    AK to the Los Angeles Lakers, for Lamar Odom
    Just about every max-player trade involves smaller parts being thrown in on both sides, and I see no reason why either team should add to this deal. No need for Sasha Vujacic to head to the Jazz, or for Utah to needlessly throw in a stud like Paul Millsap or Ronnie Brewer. In the Triangle, the holes in Luke Walton's head can be filled with the bumps in Kirilenko's; both can work at the apex, finding cutters and seeing the floor, and we know Tex Winter thinks the world of AK.
    Problem is, Mitch Kupchak has never shown much interest in acquiring players fit for the offense that the Lakers have run since 1999. Odom can ably play small forward for the Jazz, and he shouldn't have any problem with the usual silly Salt Lake City-stereotypes once he's winning 60 games and on the road for half the year.
    AK and Jarron Collins to Phoenix, for Shawn Marion
    This one has been bandied about since last winter, but it bears mentioning that the Suns should much prefer paying Kirilenko's price for four years over paying (I didn't say "overpaying") Marion for two years and then having to extend his deal.
    That said, as John Hollinger pointed out in Chad Ford's podcast yesterday, I'd be pretty nervous breaking up what could be a championship team for a player that would merely seem to fit in the system. Remember, Marion consistently nails that spot-up 3-pointer - in transition or in the half-court. As much fun it would be to see AK start (and sometimes finish) the break for Nash and the Suns, we have to remember that the always-underrated Marion already fills that role quite nicely.
    AK to Sacramento, Mike Bibby and Francisco Garcia to the Los Angeles Clippers, Corey Maggette and Tim Thomas to Utah
    The genesis of this deal was cribbed from Sactown Royalty poster "HrdRockTroy," and I took the liberty of adding wing depth to the Clippers and outside shooting to the Jazz in the form of Tim Thomas. Sure it leaves the Kings without a point guard, but they can always trade for Jason Williams' expiring contract in an attempt to at least lose 55 games in a more entertaining fashion.
    AK and Paul Millsap to Chicago for Ben Wallace
    This is assuming, of course, that Wallace shows up at training camp with headbands covering every square inch of his body. Chicago might have the league's most crowded - and, potentially, most-talented - frontcourt, so it only makes sense to add two more forwards who can do everything but shoot.
    AK and Jarron Collins to Washington for Antawn Jamison
    Feel like running, Washington? Here's the start of your fast-break. Feel like playing a little defense, Washington? Not really? Ok, take it easy, continue apace, but Andrei's going to go ahead and give it a try. Feel like having a power forward that hits the movers from the top of the key for easy baskets in Eddie Jordan's offense? Don't want that power forward to be Darius Songaila? Here's your chance.
    UPDATE: Henry's proposal, probably the best of any bunch, can be found at the bottom of this post.
    UPDATE: From reader Jonathan:
    Scuttlebutt on a few Jazz message boards from Russian posters is that AK wants to stay in Russia. There is talk of him "Fishering" (a la Derek Fisher) his contract - that is tearing the thing up and heading back to CSKA where he is happy. This was translated from another blog post of AK by Serge on Jazzhoops.com:

"With Utah GM Kevin O'Connor I talked even before eurochamp, so please don't match my desire to leave Utah with our victory in the tournament in Spain. After not succesfull for me season I understood that I can't grow (be progressive) in Utah. Jerry Sloan is supercoach, who led Jazz to the NBA finals several times. Yet our understanding regarding basketball differs. I want to be occupied with the work I love and get pleasure of the game. And for the same feeling that I experienced in the NT last week there is a reason to come back and play in Russia. For russian fans. It is totally differnt emotions and feelings."
    No way you get fair value for him. Kelly Dwyer is an idiot.

The Jazz instructed him to avoid further interviews. (they got the message after the 3rd interview). They will have to let him go, it seems. I wonder how many teams will enter the race.

Mood

one of his interviews he approached management but they did not respond in over a week that is why he conducted an interview. Sounds like the Jazz hurt themselves.