Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AK wants out of Utah

Default AK wants out of Utah

LINK

It's written in Russian.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Default Re: AK wants out of Utah

How can you tell what it says? Is there an english version anywhere?

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you tell what it says? Is there an english version anywhere?
    Finally I can be of some use around here. The gist of it is that he enjoyed playing for Blatt (The coach of the Russian national team) and that this experience has made it clear to him that he wants out of Utah. He wants out of Utah because Sloan's style does not fit his game. In fact, he says it quite clearly, "I have thought a lot about this and have come to the decision -- I want out of Utah." The most interesting thing here is that this is his blog, so he cannot later say that he was misquoted or something like that. I knew those 7 years of Russian instruction and those two years living in Moscow would come in handy someday!

BTW, I'll take him off their hands.

Mike Dunleavy/1st round pick for AK?
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Dun, Tins, Shawne, and 1st for Kirilenko

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    Dun, Tins, Shawne, and 1st for Kirilenko
    Wow...do you think he's worth that? I'm not so sure. He'd shore up the defense, that's for sure. I say he's worth the look. I love Dunleavy and Shawne though. Oh well, I guess you have to give up something to get something. We'd regret moving Shawne in this deal though.

Yeah I just went with something that would make the salaries match... I'd like to keep Shawne too but I think they'd want some upside out of any deal.

I never took any Russian courses, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night..........

Trainer Sloun - one of the reasons, but not unique. For six years lead to NBA, I, certainly, have got enormous experience. It is absolutely clear, that NBA - the strongest league of the world. Each game does you better as the player only because it is a call. A call on fight. Such conditions temper. All these words were fair for me, except for two last seasons. Now I feel, that I do not progress as the player. I try, but it is impossible. Do not give. I do not receive support of the trainer and club. It is convinced, It is convinced, that methods Слоуна render on me negative influence. Its basic way of motivation of players - education of feeling of fault. Our salaries, our mistakes in matches, our acts outside of a platform - always an occasion for reproach. I wish to play basketball, I wish to take pleasure in it, instead of to be the robot, винтиком systems Slouna. Therefore I do not see the future in a command " Utah the Jazz ".
    And, at me the big, dear contract. But it is assured, that never was неискренен or it is dishonourable in relation to fans "Jazz". It is improbably grateful to them for love to me, for support. They helped me from first minute of stay in Salt Lake City. I do not doubt, they will understand motives which me move. I spoke nobody of it earlier, but several weeks ago I talked to the general manager of "Utah" Кевином О'Коннором. I have told to it, that I do not see myself in a command and I wish to leave. Absolutely clearly, that with we with "Utah" differently look at my place and a role in a command. I do not want, that I and my contract were a burden to club, I want, that it went the rate. It is its choice. And at me only one request - allow me to go in that direction where I want. I do not wish to leave number, mechanically to execute the contract. Unfortunately, has passed more weeks, and from a management "Jazz" there is no answer, either negative, or positive. And its silence - one more certificate of the attitude to me. Nevertheless, very much I hope, the management of "Utah" nevertheless will understand, that our attitudes have settled themselves and we should leave.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Interesting.

You think they'd have interest in Dunleavy?

EDIT: Or, even better, how much do you think we'd have to bribe them to take Murphy?
    Last edited by Anthem; 09-18-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Dunleavy + Daniels would match.....

Yea, but don't we just put him in the same situation where he's forced to play outisde his comfort zone?

Unless we put JO at the 5 and AK at the 4. Might work against certain teams.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

trade rumors have floated around since last season, but the jazz apparently weren't willing to trade him then. things may change now that ak has asked out.

i like kirilenko's game, but he has 4 years and over $60m left on his contract. sure he can fill the stat sheet, but that's a lot to pay for someone who's not a big time scorer (think ben wallace)

jazz have deron williams extension coming up, along with the big contracts of boozer and okur on the books. the general thinking is that they'd swap ak for short contracts (no dunleavy types).

there was a marion-kirilenko rumor recently too, but i don't see why the suns would do it, when they're very concerned about the luxury tax.

Honestly, I'd take anyone we can get at this point.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Dunleavy + Daniels would match.....
    as it happens, utah *is* weak at the wing positions, so they could use both dun and quis. question is whether they'll be turned off by dunleavy's contract.

also, if that happens the only shooting guard left on our roster would be rush...

streets ahead

other than the contract they'd probably have interest in dunleavy. they want a true SF and that would be him. plus dunleavy wouldn't take away from the offense of boozer, williams and okur. he'd be a 4th/5th option in the starting lineup and a 4th/5th option capable of giving you 13pts a night is fairly good. his contract isn't as bad as AK's.

i would LOVE AK playing next to JO. LOVE. his style fits in with o'brien's too (more so than sloan's anyway). you have a frontcourt of JO and AK and that makes me feel much better defensively. AK can also score, mainly by taking it to the basket and fast breaks. as long as we don't play him at the 3 (shouldn't be a problem) and let him roam the paint for steals and blocks, AK will return to form this season.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I'd be very interested in getting AK. I do not think he fits in with Jerry Sloan's system, I do really feel that Jim could be a good coach for AK.

I think that AK is more than capable of scoring 15-20 points a game especially if he played for a a guy like Jim who lets his players play. The Suns would be a good fit for AK but I doubt the Jazz send him to a Western team nor would the Suns be able to take on his salary.

If the Jazz would take Marquis plus Dunleavy i'd do it in a heartbeat. Would they take that offer? I have no clue. However AK would probably be the second best player on this team for sure. Him, Jermaine, and Danny would make a nice 1-2-3 punch.

Yes Please

All Star Player, Stat Monster

you'd be foolish not to want him, he can score when he wants to, Scoreing average of 12.9 per season last year
    Career high 03/04 16.5 PPG

I'd take him if a trade could be worked, how ever I am doubtfull that it will happen,

Season Highs/Career Highs
    Points18 vs. Memphis 01/24/0731 @ Miami 02/17/04
    Field Goals Made6 5 Times11 2 Times
    Field Goals Attempted14 vs. San Antonio 01/31/0721 vs. Seattle 01/25/06
    Three Point Field Goals Made2 vs. Milwaukee 12/04/065 @ Miami 02/17/04
    Three Point Field Goals Attempted5 @ Golden State 11/25/069 @ Miami 02/17/04
    Free Throws Made9 vs. Miami 01/13/0716 vs. Sacramento 02/03/06
    Free Throws Attempted10 vs. Miami 01/13/0717 2 Times
    Offensive Rebounds5 2 Times8 2 Times
    Defensive Rebounds10 @ Phoenix 11/03/0613 2 Times
    Total Rebounds14 @ Phoenix 11/03/0618 vs. Phoenix 03/21/06
    Assists7 2 Times11 vs. Toronto 01/17/06
    Steals4 @ Detroit 01/17/078 @ Houston 12/03/03
    Blocks6 @ Indiana 12/17/0610 vs. Sacramento 03/25/06
    Minutes Played41 @ Phoenix 11/03/0649 @ Detroit 01/07/

Status Alert: Kirilenko was named MVP of the EuroBasket 2007 tournament, Eurobasket2007.com reports. (Sep 17)

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

You gotta like his game.

Not sure we can afford the guy though. Contract is pretty ridiculous. $61 million over the next four. We'd be paying AK-47 and JO a combined $39 million in 2009-2010.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Sports Logo

Got a "successful trade scenario" on RealGM's trade checker by sending
    Troy Murphy & Quis for Kirilenko. If Utah was willing to do this, might
    be worth at least a little consideration.

How would JOB fit him into the system if he were to come here?

While AK is a good player, strikes me as being emotionally fragile (very).
    Didn't the guy start crying (literally) over not getting enough playing time?

He does though have an "enlightened" wife who has been noted for allowing
    him to sleep around on her if he so chooses. Maybe she could come and
    set a good example for the wives and girlfriends of central Indiana...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

It would have to be Dun, not Troy. Gotta give them what they need.

I'd take him in a Dun/Shawne/Quis deal. Sure Rush would be the only SG on the team, but how's that really different from right now?

AK can handle the ball, he can actually guard the PG a little and obviously just about anything else. I'm putting his name into the "will never see him in a Pacers uniform ever". Probably end up in Cleveland, Detroit or Chicago somehow, gotta match the Boston moves.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    Got a "successful trade scenario" on RealGM's trade checker by sending
    Troy Murphy & Quis for Kirilenko. If Utah was willing to do this, might
    be worth at least a little consideration.
    I was playing around and got a successful three way trade with Utah and the Lakers where we get Kirilenko and Byrum.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=33589

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where does Kirilenko play for us just out of curiosity? He's certainly not a two and hes a weak 4 at best. I don't see where we play him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

I like his game, but this guy is HIGH MAINTENANCE. Seems like the Pacers are doing their best to steer clear of players with a lot off-the-court stuff going on. Not that he's been in legal trouble, just that he does a lot of complaining for someone making that kind of money....

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Where does Kirilenko play for us just out of curiosity? He's certainly not a two and hes a weak 4 at best. I don't see where we play him.
    He's a one position player, IMO, and that's PF. His game struggles mightilly at the 3, and that, I believe, is among the reasons he wants out. You'd think AK/Boozer/Okur would be a great front court, but despite his perceived versatily, I don't think it works having him play anywhere but PF.