Thread: Enjoyed the Game Last Night

Default Re: Enjoyed the Game Last Night

Yes you are right, they should just cancel the rest of the ECF.

Anyone want my tickets to game #5

I wish you would have posted this a week ago and I could have saved some cash and done soemthing else besides going to games #1 and #2

It is going to be so funny in a couple of years when the Lakers are completely depleted and have trouble escaping the Pacific basement.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

LAPacer

The pacers answer for shaq is watching kobe take all the shots and build another brickyard.

LAPacer

The biggest shortcoming of the NBA is the favoring of the Lakers. If Artest gets suspended for an accidental elbow to Derek Anderson, then Mailman should get suspended for an intentional one. It gets tiring hearing about soap operas when I'm trying to watch basketball.

The only difference between the East and West is the same difference there is between the Lakers and the rest of the league - Shaq.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I understand going for the love of the game. However, the disparity of talent between the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference is so great these days that it really begs one to question whether the NBA Championship matching an Eastern Conference team against a Western Conference team is really necessary. Besides the fact that all NBA players are more concerned with stats rather the whole "team" concept, this is another rather troubling shortcoming of the modern day NBA.

When I watch the WCF I wonder if it isn't a November regular season game. Where is the intensity?

LAPacer

My predictions (not rocket science here people):

If Pacers win EC: Lakers in either 4 or 5.
    If Pistons win EC: Lakers in 6 (Shaq might get tired from having to hoist B. Wallace up on his arms every time he spins and dunks on him.)
    Sadly, very sadly, I somewhat agree with your predictions, and yes, Shaq is the reason why. But Blobe hotdogging it, can be another win for both teams.

There has never been a more dominating big man in the game. NEVER!!!
    Oh I can think of a few he would have had problems with - Chamberlin would have eaten his fat *** up.

Its the Eastern Conference for the love that is all that is holy. Its a joke. Winning the Eastern Conference is like winning the JV Championship.
    It's not the Eastern Conference. It's the TOP TWO teams in the Eastern Conference. Big difference, this year anyway.

Whomever wins the ECF is going to give the Lakers a MUCH better series than any opponent they've faced in the playoffs this year. Esp. if it's Indiana, since they'd have home court advantage.

Either of these teams would wipe the floor with Minnesota right now and probably take the Lakers to 7 games, Shaq or no Shaq.

Watch and learn, friend. Watch and learn.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I posted this on a Pistons chat group as well but, I have to ask. Suppose your Pacers actually win the East. How in the world do intend to deal with Super Shaq? I really am curious...not just here to talk trash. Seriously, if the Lakers do what they are supposed to do which is throw the ball down to Shaq everytime they go down on offense, there is absolutely no way any team in the NBA (including Western Conference teams) can beat the Lakers. Its that simple. With that said, although I enjoy the enthusiasm that has erupted over this series, honestly, whats the point? Its the Eastern Conference for the love that is all that is holy. Its a joke. Winning the Eastern Conference is like winning the JV Championship.
    Congratulations on being the 654949616123154465465465th person to post that this week.

Tool.

Oh I can think of a few he would have had problems with - Chamberlin would have eaten his fat *** up.
    Okay old-timer. Long for the golden days of the NBA. MAking such a comparison is ridiculous. Shaq is a dominant force amongst a league of players that are far more impressive physically than any players were during the day of Wilt the Stilt. There is no comparison.
    Um - I believe I was replying to your "NEVER" statement. And you are wrong. Before the NBA expanded to 100 teams, the depth on NBA teams was 12 deep.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay old-timer. Long for the golden days of the NBA. MAking such a comparison is ridiculous. Shaq is a dominant force amongst a league of players that are far more impressive physically than any players were during the day of Wilt the Stilt. There is no comparison.
    Goodbye credibility!

Let me know when Shaq is no longer allowed to mow people down and camp out in the lane and then we'll have a reasoned discussion on "dominance."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Lakers are not as bulletproof as ESPN would have you believe.

This Lakers team one weakness is their defense it has shown up in the Minnesota series. Fortunately, Fisher and Rush have been shooting the ball well for them. The fact that they were blown out in game 2, and allowed a Minnesota team without Sam Cassell to rally late in game 3, tells me that the Lakers aren't nearly as dominant as everyone would like to believe.

I'll be very interested in hearing what you so-called Lakers fans will have to say after Minnesota wins game 4 to even up the series tonight.

I believe that Indiana, with the HCA, could defeat the Lakers. I definetly think that they'd have a great deal of trouble against Detroit as well. Shaq would get his against the Pacers but not nearly as much with Detroit.

One last thought, Shaq is not the player he was two or three years ago. He's more prone to pick up cheap fouls and wind up on the bench and his teammates aren't disciplined enough to give him the ball every time down court. He's no where near as dominant as he was in 2000 when the Pacers played him in his prime - and even then it went 6 games.

The east is going to earn their respect this year in the Finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

The way to beat the Lakers is to play Shaq one on one and cover up on the 3 pt shooters. Let Shaq get 50 pts. He'll only make half of his free throws, will get more offensive fouls (maybe) and will only score two pts at a time.

Minnesota lost game 1 because they doubled Shaq and watched the Lakers drop wide open jump shot and wide open 3 ptrs to win the game. Shaq is going to get the foul call whether you put 1 or 2 people on him, SO WHY FREE UP ANOTHER OFFENSIVE PLAYER.

The Pacers used to beat Orlando with Shaq everytime he scored more than 40 pts because his teammates stood around and watched and they didn't get any open looks. When the Pacers (UNDER Larry Brown I might add), doubled Shaq in game 7 of the ECF's, WE GOT SCORCHED BY A WIDE OPEN Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson and one other person. That was a horrible strategy by Larry and cost one of the Pacer's best teams the NBA finals.

A good shooting team can beat the Lakers. Hack a Shaq will never win, just a STUPID strategy.

Water