Thread: Got my trial Contact Lenses...I now have a ?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Got my trial Contact Lenses...I now have a ?

and after having the numbers checked out - doc says they fit the prescription which is the same number as the current glasses that I'm using...

however when I wear my contacts - somethings look blurry...for example looking at close objects or when I'm looking down - things look a bit smeared...

I'm pretty clueless about contacts - so to those that have been usin' it for a while - what could be the cause of it?

Its hard for me to talk with the place that I got 'em from cause they don't speak english - well the one that does went on vacation for like 2 weeks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Got my trial Contact Lenses...I now have a ?

Are you sure they're not inside out?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure they're not inside out?
    yes that I'm sure of as I learned how to check to see what is in and what is out...

a friend of mine mentioned that it might be dirty...could that cause of blurry vision?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, that could be the problem. Also, if you've slept in them there could be calcium(?) build up. Or they could just be damaged lenses due to excessive heat. I would try a new one and see if it clears up.

And sometimes they could be inside out, even if you're sure if you checked. I always check and still mess up eventhough I've been wearing contacts for close to 10yrs. I actually went into the dr's office for a checkup and he told me they were inside out.

i just got the lenses today - and wore 'em for only about 20 minutes - and in that time period they felt blurry - these are just trial lenses and for me to get another pair will take a month or so as the prescription that i need is not a regular one..or so they said...

as for inside and outside - i was told that if the numbers on the lens look proper - then it is fine - but if its reversed/mirror image then its inside out...

the weird part is when i was wearing it outside - it seemed fine - but inside its another story - specially looking down...

hopefully its just the dirt that i can clear - don't really want to wait another month for a second pair of trial lenses....

Lasik FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lasik FTW!
    how much comission do you earn from these guys?

lol, just being a smart ***

I tried wearing contacts and I was never able to really do it. Had a very hard time getting them into my eyes. I think I wore them all of 2 days out of the 7 or so I tried. I probably gave up to easily, but I'm glad though. It led me to Lasik and I am extremely hapy with that decision today.

ok...I think I've found the reason behind it...

http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/educa.../softtoric.htm

There are some disadvantages to soft toric lenses. Your astigmatic power has to be worked onto the soft lens and maintained at a certain angle - the lens cannot be allowed to spin around like an ordinary soft lens could - in order to properly correct your vision. At the same time any soft lens has to be able to move a little in order to allow tears and waste to move out from under the lens. This necessary movement of the lens can cause the vision to blur slightly. The greater the degree of astigmatism, the more noticeable this effect can be.

Yeah, that could be it.

I was going to suggest making sure you've got them in the correct eyes, since your left & right eyes probably have different prescriptions.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!