Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,970

    Default What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    This is easy for me.

    My favorite is October - perfect weather - I just love October.
    Second favorite is May - Why May - Well it certaily isn't the Indy 500 LOL, no mainly because of the NBA playoffs. I just love, love the playoffs, and the second round is always my favorite. Two games every night - perfect.

    My least favorite is August. I get sick and tired of the hot weather and there is never any NBA news going on - the most boring month of the year. Many of you will pick January or February as least favorite - not me, I don't mind the cold weather and I can't hate a month when the NBA is playing.

  2. #2
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    I don't really have a favorite, although I guess you can't really beat December. Winter break, Christmas, holiday cheer, snow, what's not to like?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #3
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Favorite? October. Birthday, fall weather, football, and the start of basketball season.

    Least favorite? Tie: November, January, February, March. Cold, damp, cold, dark, and cold. If it weren't for basketball, I'd be impossible to deal with.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. #4

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Thursday. There are no seasons in LA.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  5. #5
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,497

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Favorite is May. Least favorite.... hmmmm I don't particularly like Aug, Sept, or October but that is because those months just give so many clues that Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb are coming.

    If March would follow October, I'd be fine with that.

    -Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #6
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,634

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Favorite - November. Just hung over from the sugar rush of Halloween, and preparing for the feast of Thanksgiving.

    Least favorite - August. Seriously, what the hell happens in August? School goes back and...that's it. Yuck.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,970

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thursday. There are no seasons in LA.
    That is funny

  8. #8
    Member campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spearfish, South Dakota
    Age
    25
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    October is my fav- playoff baseball, college, pro and high school football, then you got the leaves changing and such.

    The one I like the least has to be December because I hate the commericalism of Christmas and it gets old so fast.

  9. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    I like the fall months for the holidays/festivities, and of course the start of basketball. August/September kind of suck, though. At least now that I'm into the NFL a bit September is bearable, but NBA-wise it blows.

  10. #10
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    I like October cause of birthday but my favorite month is June - start of summer - warm weather - hotter girls - and basically an optimism just shinning through for what might be a great summer

    least favorite - jan/feb/march...I hate it when the day turns into night at 4pm...totally kills the mood...

  11. #11
    Hi! pacercoltfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    EARTH.
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    My favorite would probably be October, my least favorite would be every month in Winter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  12. #12
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thursday. There are no seasons in LA.
    I disagree.

    There's riot season, wildfire season, mudslide season and of course basketball season.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  13. #13

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    November 1st through March 1 is perfect in south Florida.

    65-75 degrees every day, 55-60 degrees every night, no air conditioning needed, no heat needed, no coats, no sweaters, and no fogged up glasses from the humidity. And also hurricane season is over!

    4 months of just perfect weather, though it's a little chilly to jump in the pool.

    The worst is about mid June through mid September. 3 months of awful heat (though never above 93 for the past 2 years) and high humidity.

    When I lived in Indiana, mid September through October was my favorite.

  14. #14
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    October-November, I love the fall weather. Always reminds me of fall in Indiana.

    Least favorite, July/August. I hate being hot.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    August 15-August 21. Can't really recommend the weather around here any other time.

  16. #16
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Indianapolis October averages:

    Average Low - 43
    Average High - 65
    Rainfall - 2.85"/month

    Venice Averages for the entire 6 months from October to March:

    Average Low - 53
    Average High - 65
    Rainfall - 2.02" / month

    So basically your favorite month lasts for six months straight.

    Time to go swimming.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  17. #17

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indianapolis October averages:

    Average Low - 43
    Average High - 65
    Rainfall - 2.85"/month

    Venice Averages for the entire 6 months from October to March:

    Average Low - 53
    Average High - 65
    Rainfall - 2.02" / month

    So basically your favorite month lasts for six months straight.

    Time to go swimming.
    I hope a jellyfish stings your nards.

  18. #18
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    And to the meat of the question, my most hated month in the entire calendar is December.

    The shortest daylight, the in-your-face consumerism, the Football mania (I don't mind the game, but the fans drive me bonkers), the brat kids getting anything they ask for and the never ending satanic (I mean Santa) MUSIC!

    AAAAAAAAaHHHHH!

    I really feel strongly about this.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  19. #19

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And to the meat of the question, my most hated month in the entire calendar is December.

    The shortest daylight, the in-your-face consumerism, the Football mania (I don't mind the game, but the fans drive me bonkers), the brat kids getting anything they ask for and the never ending satanic (I mean Santa) MUSIC!

    AAAAAAAAaHHHHH!

    I really feel strongly about this.
    Do you guys only have 15 hours of daylight in December? Must be tough.

    I'm not bitter I signed on for three more years of Boston. AT ALL.

  20. #20

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    There are football fans in LA?

    Weather-wise, though, were I to pick the best month in LA it would be December.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  21. #21
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope a jellyfish stings your nards.
    LA, we DON'T want pictures of this injury posted. Just post some more pictures of your thrashed leg and say its the above injury.

  22. #22
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you guys only have 15 hours of daylight in December? Must be tough.

    I'm not bitter I signed on for three more years of Boston. AT ALL.
    December, is that the month of the frozen tundra begins to form? ....oh wait, thats August in Boston.

  23. #23
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you guys only have 15 hours of daylight in December? Must be tough.
    Actually, the equinox happens on the same day and the days are *maybe* an hour longer here than in Boston. We get the same six months where the days are shorter than the nights that everyone else gets. We just have a giant ocean keeping the air from getting too cold.

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not bitter I signed on for three more years of Boston. AT ALL.
    If you take a job at a northern firm, I'm going to slap you. And I won't be using my hands.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  24. #24

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the equinox happens on the same day and the days are *maybe* an hour longer here than in Boston. We get the same six months where the days are shorter than the nights that everyone else gets. We just have a giant ocean keeping the air from getting too cold.


    If you take a job at a northern firm, I'm going to slap you. And I won't be using my hands.
    WE HAVE 14 MINUTES OF SUN IN DECEMBER. FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH.

    No nard slapping.

  25. #25
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: What is your most favorite month and least favorite month

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate being hot.
    Don't hate yourself because you're beautiful. btown certainly doesn't hate you for it.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Similar Threads

  1. Who is your favorite/least favorite Pacer?
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
  2. One month and counting
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
  3. Favorite and least favorite Colts game?
    By pacercoltfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:26 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •