Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Runi continues to show propensity to running his mouth...

Default Re: OT: Runi continues to show propensity to running his mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by DeS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You get the wrong impression. Many of you. Saras is here not because of money for sure. European clubs are offering him up to 7mil. euro for 2 seasons which (taking into accaunt taxes and euro rate) is more than he will get from the NBA team.
    So, i think he is running his mouth freely as he knows that he is welcome in europe for more money and better conditions.
    That's close, but not quite right, I think. I think he's running his mouth because it's his best strategic move. If he causes enough ruckus to get himself traded to a team that will play him, he gets his money and his chance to play. If he rides the pine this year, he still gets decent money, and still has good money waiting for him for quite a few years in the Euroleague. And there's still the off-chance that he'll try out well next year and get into a situation where he fits in.

I'm thinking he had nothing to lose by running his mouth. It's not like GS was going to play him a lot, and now they're going to bench him for being vocal. And it's not like other teams are going to shy away from him more now than before simply because he said he wanted to play. And no matter what he does or doesn't say here, he's still got a home in the Euroleague. Best case scenario for him is that GS cuts him and he gets his NBA paycheck, along with his FIBA paycheck and his celebrity status in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    It's always easy for us to sit on a message board talking high and mighty about morals and what a player should do to show that he's more about winning/playing than making money, but nobody on this board would have done anything differently if faced with that situation. Not one.
    Oh, I'd have taken the money. No doubt.

But I wouldn't be talking smack about my team as I did it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    Best case scenario for him is that GS cuts him and he gets his NBA paycheck, along with his FIBA paycheck and his celebrity status in Europe.
    Yeah, that's my guess as well.

Because if he couldn't play in Nellie's system, I'm not sure who would play him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I like the first post in the following thread

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=709838

The best European player is still Sarunas Jasikevicius from Lithuania, who is the player of the Golden State Warriors.
    He is Jason Kidd + Jumper on offense. Maybe even better playmaker than Kidd, when talking about halfcourt offense. I know he doesn't have a very good defense, since he lacks the lateral quickness, which would be needed to flourish in that aspect of the game, but as far as basketball IQ goes, I think he is up there with Larry Bird. Noone in todays NBA comes close to him.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Sarunas is NOT Jason Kidd + anything. He's Jason Kidd - many things. Such as speed, defense, experience, passing, court vision, leadership, etc. He HAS some of those skills, but in fewer quantities. The only thing he has on Kidd is a better jumper.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Using Larry Bird and Sarunas Jasikevicius in the same comparison is an insult to my intelligence.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Sarunas is NOT Jason Kidd + anything. He's Jason Kidd - many things. Such as speed, defense, experience, passing, court vision, leadership, etc. He HAS some of those skills, but in fewer quantities. The only thing he has on Kidd is a better jumper.
    BTW, Saras experience, passing, court vision, leadership in Eurochampionship'07 > NBA finals MVP T. Parker.
    Saras is an assist leader while T. Parker makes less than twice assists (6,4 vs 3.0) per game (comparing to Saras). T. Parker is a team leader as a scorer and the offense is dead then he's well defended. Saras is a team leader as a floor general, he scores rarely, basicly when it counts.
    I don't know, maybe Jason is far better than T. Parker, so i believe that Jason is better than Saras in this area. But Jason isn't playing and Saras actually is a passing and court vision king of Eurobasket'07. While basketball is different in nba and europe, the court vision and passing skills can't be denied.
    Btw, both have big mouths and T. Parker is an arrogant person (in contrast to other nba stars and players like Dirk, Kirilenko...). And i'm glad Saras schooled Parker in that principal duel.
    Last edited by DeS; 09-11-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Ultimately, Jasikevicius has proven that he's completely unwilling to earn his minutes and adapt his game to the NBA. He would rather his team adapt to him. That's selfish and lazy. His two years with us were the perfect opportunity for him - we had a weak back-court and a starter on thin ice.

It's his fault and nobody else's that he didn't make it in the big leagues.

Listening to him ***** about it makes me sick.

Good riddance.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sarunas can't even get minutes on a team that requires little to no defense out of him. He may be the best player in Lithuania, but do you seriously think that if Jason Kidd could play for them that there would be any doubt in the world who's starting point guard for that team?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    He is Jason Kidd + Jumper on offense.
    Actually, he's a worse shooter than Jason Kidd. Don't believe me? Look it up.

FG% = 0.406 vs. 0.398 (Kidd wins)

But what about the three? Isn't Sarunas all about the long ball?

3FG% = 0.343 vs. 0.338 (Kidd wins).

Sarunas doesn't have a lead over Kidd in anything, including shooting. And I have no idea why he's still trying to play, when it's clear that he'd be much better off returning to Europe where he can compete.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Cabbage Patch Kids are adorable.

It is odd that if someone could have sign a simillar or bigger contract in Europe would complain about playing time after re-signing in the NBA.

If it is a style question I'm not sure which NBA team has a trapazoid lane. NBA basketball is NBA basketball.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Actually, he's a worse shooter than Jason Kidd. Don't believe me? Look it up.

FG% = 0.406 vs. 0.398 (Kidd wins)

But what about the three? Isn't Sarunas all about the long ball?

3FG% = 0.343 vs. 0.338 (Kidd wins).
    Calm down guys and don't become so silly as to proivide such 'evidences' of who is a better shooter. In both above examples the difference between Kidd and Saras is just 1.5 and 2%.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by GntsTel View Post
    Calm down guys and don't become so silly as to proivide such 'evidences' of who is a better shooter. In both above examples the difference between Kidd and Saras is just 1.5 and 2%.
    No doubt, it's a very minor difference. Still, Kidd has the edge in both areas.

Claiming that Sarunas is "Kidd with a jumper" is just plain ignorant.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Not to get offtopic, but I'll take "Not a single shooting guard on the roster" for $400, Alex.

EDIT: Or perhaps "Worst backcourt in the league" for $1000.
    Wooowooowooop! You just found the Daily Double!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Wooowooowooop! You just found the Daily Double!
    I really wanted to make that joke, but felt like it was pushing it as it was. I'm glad somebody else got it.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    I never knew how funny they could be.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

What do you mean?
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

if only Runi ran the team as good as he ran his mouth....

What do you mean?
    I just think it's cute when people can in all seriousness compare a personal hero of theirs who can't even get run on an NBA court to both a Top 5 Player of All Time and a Top 10 PG of All Time...all in the same thread.

It's like a loving uncle hearing their short, unathletic nephew talk about how he's gonna play centerfield for the Cubs when he grows up. Really gives you that "You go get em, trooper," warm tummy feeling that makes you believe you're living in a world of marshmellow castles and gum-drop rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    I like the first post in the following thread

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=709838

The best European player is still Sarunas Jasikevicius from Lithuania, who is the player of the Golden State Warriors.
    He is Jason Kidd + Jumper on offense. Maybe even better playmaker than Kidd, when talking about halfcourt offense. I know he doesn't have a very good defense, since he lacks the lateral quickness, which would be needed to flourish in that aspect of the game, but as far as basketball IQ goes, I think he is up there with Larry Bird. Noone in todays NBA comes close to him.

signed Yesthecabbageis' Mom.

I just think it's cute when people can in all seriousness compare a personal hero of theirs who can't even get run on an NBA court to both a Top 5 Player of All Time and a Top 10 PG of All Time...all in the same thread.

It's like a loving uncle hearing their short, unathletic nephew talk about how he's gonna play centerfield for the Cubs when he grows up. Really gives you that "You go get em, trooper," warm tummy feeling that makes you believe you're living in a world of marshmellow castles and gum-drop rainbows.
    Well - it's really funny then
    But the thing is that some of those top rated NBA stars are unable to perform against the players who can't even get run on NBA floor, in this euro championship. And this fact doesn't depend on my point of view. Maybe for you the euro-championship doesn't matter at all. But for T. Parker it means a lot (as he's playing for his country) and probably he plays there with such a heart as he plays in finals. It doesn't matter that he is arguably the best pg in the world, he was overplayed by other pg's and their teams when it matters (and is out of the competition). In the history will be written that he lost the duels against other pg's (like Saras) in this championship. So, i think at least some of his skills should be respected.

So, i think at least some of his skills should be respected.
    Hey, that's no problem. I respect Sarunas' ability to play FIBA basketball.

I just don't respect the way he runs his mouth.

Enjoy your time at PD!

But the thing is that some of those top rated NBA stars are unable to perform against the players who can't even get run on NBA floor, in this euro championship. And this fact doesn't depend on my point of view. Maybe for you the euro-championship doesn't matter at all. But for T. Parker it means a lot (as he's playing for his country) and probably he plays there with such a heart as he plays in finals. It doesn't matter that he is arguably the best pg in the world, he was overplayed by other pg's and their teams when it matters (and is out of the competition). In the history will be written that he lost the duels against other pg's (like Saras) in this championship. So, i think at least some of his skills should be respected.
    Well said. And those are all fine points in favor of your boy.

Just keep saying it that way and don't bring the ridiculous hyperbole of names like Jason Kidd and Larry Bird into the conversation and we'll all take you a little more seriously. (Well, most people still won't, actually, but they will at least not think you're typing with tin foil on your head.)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

If only the stupid NBA players would stop cheating and trying to steal the ball from him in the backcourt. You'd never see that kind of play allowed in FIBA.

Saras = Kidd + the ability to turn the ball over before reaching half court

I went from being a big fan of his to hating his game. You know who did that? Saras. He earned the ripping he gets here and he earned his pine time from both Rick and Nellie. Left undefended Saras looks brilliant. Put any serious pressure on him and he falls apart.

Considering the fact that he's WAY WAY WAY below Kidd in rebounding and ball protection, I'd say he needs to be more than just almost equal to Kidd in shooting, and more so considering the fact that Kidd is not the mark of great PG shooting.