Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: When it comes to relationships...

  1. #1
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default When it comes to relationships...

    What does everyone look for...or looked for if you have found your ideal lady/sir/whatever?

    I've been labelled as Mr. Picky by my friends for the sheer fact that I don't get into relationships if the girl does not posses both inner and outer beauty...

    I'd rather be called picky instead of settling and being miserable with someone i have no interest for....

    so what are your priorities?
    those who are married - when you look back on your younger self...would you say they would've approved of your current partner - or did times change as well as the qualities you looked for in someone?

  2. #2
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Hmm. Silliness is a must. People who take things serious are fine, but you've got to be a bit silly inside, too. It'd be nice if they read a lot, but differing interests is always cool, too. Mainly, it just had to be a person w/ whom I have great conversations. Unfortunately, those people seem to be kinda rare. Oh well.

    I'd include something about looks, but really, there's not many girls who aren't cute in some kind of way. I don't really have any set sort of physical look that I particularly care for--except that I tend to favor the cute, plain look over the 'hot,' over- or under-dressed look.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #3
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm. Silliness is a must. People who take things serious are fine, but you've got to be a bit silly inside, too. It'd be nice if they read a lot, but differing interests is always cool, too. Mainly, it just had to be a person w/ whom I have great conversations. Unfortunately, those people seem to be kinda rare. Oh well.

    I'd include something about looks, but really, there's not many girls who aren't cute in some kind of way. I don't really have any set sort of physical look that I particularly care for--except that I tend to favor the cute, plain look over the 'hot,' over- or under-dressed look.
    I agree with everything SIG said. In addition, I'd say I'm looking for a woman with a social conscience, or at least aware that the world does not revolve around herself.

  4. #4
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I've been called "picky" too. Of course, everyone who said that is now divorced.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  5. #5
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I went through a lot of very good looking women, women most people would say would be "way out of my league". I'm not bragging, there's a point in bringing this up.

    Ultimately, I married a woman that became my partner and best friend. I wasn't looking to find a really good friend when we met up, I was just into having fun. But the fun kept going and going and next thing you know, we're moving in together and then getting married and then moving across the country, etc. etc.

    So what should you look for? Gauging just from my experience, you should look for someone who is low maintenance and someone who makes you happy.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  6. #6
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I'm in about the same situation as LA.

    I dated quite a bit, a probably quite a bit out of my league. I ultimately became VERY good friends with my wife, and it evolved into a realtionship. And even today, I still know I still went way above my league when she agreed to marry me. And I'm thankful for it everyday. And still today, we are best friends as much as we are husband and wife.

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,826

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Is it too much to ask for them to be Pacers fans. Probably.

  8. #8
    Hi! pacercoltfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    EARTH.
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    They just have to be breathing. I have nothing but bad luck when it comes to finding my Mr. Right. Love stinks!
    Last edited by pacercoltfan; 09-14-2007 at 08:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  9. #9
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I like big butts and I cannot lie...

  10. #10
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,598

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it too much to ask for them to be Pacers fans. Probably.


    I'd want someone who I could talk to, and has a good sense of humor.

    It'd be an added bonus if they liked the Pacers and Colts.

    As for looks, cute is fine by me.

    I've had no luck so far!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still know I still went way above my league when she agreed to marry me. And I'm thankful for it everyday. And still today, we are best friends as much as we are husband and wife.
    It's nice that you think of her as in a league above yourself, but if your best friends I would say she did very well in choosing you!

  12. #12
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Thanks Will. She keeps me in check

    She's very good for me.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I look for someone I can talk to and just be myself around which is a very weird person to find me tolerable. I didn't do well with women in the last long time but I have recently found someone who can stand me and actually likes me so I will go from there.

    As for a basketball fan that is a tough one to find. Would be nice but I like introducing them to the game with a good live event.

  14. #14

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    A perfect women:

    Must have plow experience

    Be able to chain up my brother Bilo up when he gets out


    Her vagin must not hang loose like mouth of tired dog
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

    than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

  15. #15
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,598

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A perfect women:

    Must have plow experience

    Be able to chain up my brother Bilo up when he gets out


    Her vagin must not hang loose like mouth of tired dog
    Or sleeve of wizard.....

    But in all seriousness......

    Dream girl, I need you!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  16. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,826

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    They must, must must have a sense of humor. And many females don't.

  17. #17
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Women are so confusing

  18. #18
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been called "picky" too. Of course, everyone who said that is now divorced.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  19. #19
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,054

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    It is important to find someone who makes you happy. What makes you happy is different for everyone else. Relationships are tough work, and you need to make sure that you find someone that is willing to work as hard at making it work as you are going to be.

  20. #20
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    thats the thing...
    not many people make me happy...
    the ones that do...can't seem to keep it up for a long time...
    i dunno...
    i think i'm just going to be one of those people who spend their whole life single...

  21. #21
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the ones that do...can't seem to keep it up for a long time...
    FYI...They have drugs for that nowadays.

  22. #22
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like big butts and I cannot lie...
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI...They have drugs for that nowadays.
    Since it's your birthday, and certainly not because I laughed out loud, I will applaud these comments and thereby crown you as king of the thread.

  23. #23
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI...They have drugs for that nowadays.

    wow...just wow

  24. #24
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,598

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    I've been getting down lately that I don't even have anyone on the radar.....



    Any advice on helping me shrug it off better? (I normally do, but sometimes it gets me kind of down.)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  25. #25

    Default Re: When it comes to relationships...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been getting down lately that I don't even have anyone on the radar.....



    Any advice on helping me shrug it off better? (I normally do, but sometimes it gets me kind of down.)
    Here's some advice: you're 17! You've got eons left to find someone who will turn you into an emotional wreck

    The kindler, gentler version of me says: all you really have to do is be friendly and a nice guy and girls will find you. "Be yourself" is horsecrap, though, unless you're naturally a bad boy she can bring home to Mom.

    EDIT: To answer the thread, I'm looking for a pretty face, height proportionate to weight, and a strong, sweet personality. That's all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •