Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IT'S GAME DAY!

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IT'S GAME DAY!

I can't believe no one started a thread for tonight's game. We have war-cry threads for the Pacers for big games, so I thought I'd start one here for the opening night of the NFL season, starting with the reigning Super Bowl Champs, our Indianapolis Colts!!!!! (Wow, it felt really good to type that still)

With no further ado, I give to you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IT'S GAME DAY!

From what I've heard we won't stop them on offense and somehow their defense can stop us in the dome.

I for one, am actually glad that people are still disrespecting the Colts. If there was any reason for a let down season, then it's all gone. It's like the pundits think that they just caught magic fire and did something.

I really think that our D will be much better this year than in the past. Our secondary is a lot more phsyical with the emergence of players last year who got that first real season under their belt like Jackson, Hayden, and Betha. I really like Matt Giordono (sp?) too.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think that our D will be much better this year than in the past. Our secondary is a lot more phsyical with the emergence of players last year who got that first real season under their belt like Jackson, Hayden, and Betha. I really like Matt Giordono (sp?) too.
    Oh I do to0. I'm also not that concerned about the run defense because teams are/were going to commit to the run against them no matter how bad or good they are. I think they can make stops and plays here and there, so it doesn't really matter how many yards they give up.
    Last edited by Natston; 09-06-2007 at 02:36 PM.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I for one, am actually glad that people are still disrespecting the Colts. If there was any reason for a let down season, then it's all gone. It's like the pundits think that they just caught magic fire and did something.

Agreed. We seem to play better when we get disrespected. Conversely, when everyone was high on us 2 years ago, we flamed out against the Steelers.

Jackson and Hayden are going to be very, very good at the corner backs.

I find it funny that the media makes such a big deal about us losing guys on a defense that they RIDICULED CONSTANTLY to begin with.

I still get chills when I think that the Indianapolis Colts are champions. I can't wait to begin the quest for the repeat.

Go Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I find it funny that the media makes such a big deal about us losing guys on a defense that they RIDICULED CONSTANTLY to begin with.
    Oh yes. I couldn't stand watching David play CB. He got beat for big yards atleast twice a game, because he would just loose sight/feel of the reciever and just watch the ball.

I think we'll see more jamming from the CB's at the line of scrimmage, and just a lot more phsyical play overall from the DB's. It looks like Sanders' presence and how he plays the game is rubbing off on the entire secondary.

seriously, every time anybody threw a ball anywhere near jason david, i cringed. it's going to be great actually exploiting him for a change.

GO COLTS!!!

I didn't really think there was an actual game tonight, with all the talk about the concert and all that hype, I figured they decided there was no need for an actual game.

But I'll be in the dome at 8:30 just in case they do play an actual football game

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I didn't really think there was an actual game tonight, with all the talk about the concert and all that hype, I figured they decided there was no need for an actual game.

But I'll be in the dome at 8:30 just in case they do play an actual football game
    YOU - you are going to a Colts game. Wait a minute is there a basketball exhibition at halftime?

You probably won't like it. I doubt much defense is going to be played.

And oh yeah - being under the radar is a good place.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Kind of bummed. The WIBC Kickoff Cam for the pregame concert won't stream for me.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Only 3 1/2 more hours!

Let's go

I still get choked up watching this video!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nKfWe5AwO...related&search=
    Last edited by pacercoltfan; 09-06-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    YOU - you are going to a Colts game. Wait a minute is there a basketball exhibition at halftime?

You probably won't like it. I doubt much defense is going to be played.

And oh yeah - being under the radar is a good place.
    Yeh I know. One thing that bothers me though is when the crowd chants R E G G I E. That bothers me, because that should be reserved for only one Reggie in this town. Football does bore me, but the Colts are really good. But between the long and exhausting pregame stuff and all the dead times duying a typical NFL game - I just get really bored

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

My wife just came from a meeting near the circle, it's so packed you couldn't get into the spokes basically. I love it, it's great for the city and puts the idea of just how big that SB win was back in our minds. It still hasn't fully sunk in to me, that our city finally has a major sporting champ.

And in amazing luck news, my buddy called last night and said the words "hey, I got a couple of tickets for free to the game, wanna go?" Don't even have to worry about parking since we live downtown. Doesn't get much sweeter than that.

I don't know how the season will go but I suspect that they could struggle just as much as they did last year. With the SB win some of those issues got glossed over.

But I do think the secondary is actually going to end up a little better than last year despite losing David. I think Jackson and Hayden got brought up to speed at a pretty nice pace and will be ready to show why they were drafted so high.

The key tonight is that even if the Colts lose it will be to the 2nd best NFC team last year and an odds on favorite to get to the SB this year. IMO the only 2 tougher games right now are @Baltimore and @San Diego. The Pats game is even looking like it might not be as bad as we originally would have guessed.

I wish I could go to the game...

I'm probably not even going to go downtown for the festivities, it's so freaking crowded. And I DO want to be able to make it home by 8 to watch the game and all.

And yes, I feel that we are being underappreciated this year. Keiaho is a vast improvement over June, and we have 1st and 2nd round picks at the corners now rather than a 4th and an undrafted. These two are more physical, and probably cover better anyway. This is going to be a fun defense to watch. Not to mention Ed Johnson looked very good this preseason.

Looking forward to how we play on D. And then when we start winning, all the "pundits" can shut up.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Keiaho is a vast improvement over June,
    theres no way IN HELL you are serious.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Well, to be fair, Suaveness likes players that aren't out of position 80% of the time and don't whiff on half the tackles they should be making.

I like linebackers that can lineback.

lol
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Touchdown baby!! There's not a better way to start the year. Manning to Harrison for 6

Looks pretty good to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Looks pretty good to me.....
    x2

I think this game kinda proved I am serious. Keiaho is a mean tackler. Honestly, he looks like one of the better LBs we've had. There's a reason the Colts staff was high on him.

And yes Mal, I am indeed back in town. yay

As for the game, what an effort by this D. They went out and proved that they are a better team now than they were before. Those losses will turn out to be a blessing, as we have much more physical players in Hayden, Jackson, and Keiaho.

And Ugoh did a very good job against Smith tonight. Just a great all around effort.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yeh I know. One thing that bothers me though is when the crowd chants R E G G I E. That bothers me, because that should be reserved for only one Reggie in this town. Football does bore me, but the Colts are really good. But between the long and exhausting pregame stuff and all the dead times duying a typical NFL game - I just get really bored
    Yeah, too bad that Reggie doesn't play anymore...and if he did it'd be in Boston....

Quote Originally Posted by JO4MVP2006 View Post
    Im not going to lie, i thought the Colts were a bit overrated going into the season but they were pretty damn impressive tonight. Their offense looks great as usual but their D, WOW. A huge improvement. Kudos to the Colts. No one expected that type of performance from them. Although im rather pissed since Duece is on my fantasy team.
    Thanks, maybe it was just me but I failed to see how we were being overrated. We just won the Super Bowl, that has to mean something. Had ESPN or whatever been hyping us? I really don't pay much attention to that sad excuse of a sports channel.

Well last year you said the Colts just aren't that good, so there is probably a way IN HELL he's serious....
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 09-12-2007 at 06:20 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Are you back to living in Indy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Are you back to living in Indy now?
    Yes, he is I asked the same thing the other day.

Drew Brees is up against my fantasy team this week..so go Colts!..or should I say the Colts defense.

Can't wait for the weekend games to come. This should tie my over until then though. Probably the game of the week.