Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: UFC - Posts about UFC news.

Default Re: UFC - Posts about UFC news.

I loved Hendo calling Bisping a douche
    I hope the American kicks the hell out of James.

I am excited for the fight card saturday

Diego vs Clay Guideo a lot of energy, excitement

Diaz vs Stevenson Diaz has earned the right to step up, Is he ready

Chris Lytle vs Burns

Mood

I have to agree with Hendo's impression of Bisping: He's not an overly bad guy, just a douche. I did lose a lot of the respect I had for him the way he behaved at times. As a coach he was supposed to mentor his guys and I did not always see that in him. I hope Hendo gives him a good *** whooping.

I also hope DeShaun knocks the head off of Wilkes in the final. He just comes across as arrogant as hell and he just is not that talented to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to agree with Hendo's impression of Bisping: He's not an overly bad guy, just a douche. I did lose a lot of the respect I had for him the way he behaved at times. As a coach he was supposed to mentor his guys and I did not always see that in him. I hope Hendo gives him a good *** whooping.

I also hope DeShaun knocks the head off of Wilkes in the final. He just comes across as arrogant as hell and he just is not that talented to be that way.
    I think Winner and Deshaun were the only good fighters ont the last season. I am very excited for the 10th Season. Did you hear about 48 year old Ray Mercer dropping Tim Sylvia in ten seconds? Sylvia weighed in @ 310 and is done.

It's Demarcus... not Deshaun!

I believe him and Andre Winner will prevail.

I'm really excited for Sanchez/Guida and Diaz/Stevenson.

Those are 2 really good matchups!

And thought they're not televised, I like the runner up matchups as well. with Dent vs. Dollar and Frank vs. Nick

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    It's Demarcus... not Deshaun!

I believe him and Andre Winner will prevail.

I'm really excited for Sanchez/Guida and Diaz/Stevenson.

Those are 2 really good matchups!

And thought they're not televised, I like the runner up matchups as well. with Dent vs. Dollar and Frank vs. Nick
    Deshaun, Demarcus, I have Dealzheimers? Sorry about that guys.

That really sucks that the runner ups will not be televised.

Mood

Holy Crap! what a night of fights! I thoguth it was a good night after the Lytle fight, then add the Brit lightweights and then the Sanchez vs Guida fight. I jumped up and said wtf when Guida recovered from that high kick. The guy has a chin of stone and tons of heart. All in all it was a great night of fights.

I agree a great night of fights, though I was 0-2 in prediction for TUF finale matches

Mood

Yeah, the finale fights I was 1-1 with my loss going to Demarcus. I went 1-1 with the runner ups though. I had Dent losing and Frank winning there. It was good to see at least 1 American win. Now hopefully Hendo can put it to Bisping. In the event that Bisping does pull out a win vs Hendo, does that put him in line for a shot at Silva?

The more I watch him the more and more I love Nate Diaz. Hats off to him for refusing to shake hands with Joe Stevenson in the third round and he also told him "Bring It *****" during the fight. I was suprised he got out of that choke in the first round.

Mood

Yeah that choke Diaz was in was really deep. I thought he did pretty well against Stevenson. The ground game both of those guys were showing was great. BJJ at it's finest. My wife insists that it the most boring sport to her when there is a lot of ground game in a fight. I thought it was wonderful.

I have nothing against grappling as long as the fighters are active. Refs need to take that into account and call quicker stalmates. Take Leban, yes he can submit people but he is @ his best when he swings for the fences. Action is good for the sport of MMA.

Mood

I have to agree with you that there is nothing worse than an entire fight in the"lay and pray" method where it is so boring. I'd much rather see them banging out than having a wrestling match.

Mood

Anyone else a little jacked up for the PPV coming up Saturday? I can't wait to see the Lesnar vs Mir fight and the GSP vs Alvez fight. I would like to see the Lesnar/Mir fight last for some rounds, but it probably will go pretty quickly with either Lesnar getting the ko or Mir getting the submission again. Sounds like the fight card is nice all over. I would really like to see Hendo shut that trap on Bisping that just keeps running and running. I will be watching this one at my sisters house enjoying a few nicely chilled beers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Anyone else a little jacked up for the PPV coming up Saturday? I can't wait to see the Lesnar vs Mir fight and the GSP vs Alvez fight. I would like to see the Lesnar/Mir fight last for some rounds, but it probably will go pretty quickly with either Lesnar getting the ko or Mir getting the submission again. Sounds like the fight card is nice all over. I would really like to see Hendo shut that trap on Bisping that just keeps running and running. I will be watching this one at my sisters house enjoying a few nicely chilled beers.
    I'm excited about just about every fight, even the under card.

I think Lesnar gets revenge on Mir, though I wouldn't be surprised to see another Mir submission.

I think the GSP and Alves fight could be the fight of the night. I think the longer the fight goes, the better GSP will get

I think Bisping beats Hendo, though I'll probably be pulling for Hendo.

I hope Fitch whoops Thiago b/c I personally thought the Koscheck fight was stopped early, and it would be nice to get revenge for a teammate/training partner.

I think Jon Jones and Jake OBrien will be a fun matchup. With Jones likely winning

Bonner over Coleman

Hoping CB Dolloway continues his winning ways as well

LOL @ Bisbings face.

LOL @ Mir's face.

I do not like those two. Was an amazing night for me personally. Great fun.

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    LOL @ Bisbings face.

LOL @ Mir's face.

I do not like those two. Was an amazing night for me personally. Great fun.

-- Steve --
    The hit Henderson delivered that knocked out Bisbing was ridiculous.

Mood

It was a great PPV last night. I was so happy to see Bisping finally get what was coming to him. Same boat with Mir. I was wrong with a few of my pics though. I had both Danzig and CB winning but both got beat. GSP is just a beast. I was really worried that he would find the same fate that Matt Hughes did against the kid. It was a fun night in all.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    LOL @ Mir's face.

Mir's face snagged an endorsement deal with Hamburger Helper after the fight.

You know, I've tried to latch on to this, but I just can't. Maybe it's just me, but I see this as an extension of WWE. Years back - in it's infancy - it seemed different. They fighters were different. The matches themselves were different. Now, it looks like a bunch of 'roided up guys, 'fake' personalities to pump up the crowd/ticket sales, more showmanship than substance.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the wrong demographic for them, but it just doesn't get my attention. Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    You know, I've tried to latch on to this, but I just can't. Maybe it's just me, but I see this as an extension of WWE. Years back - in it's infancy - it seemed different. They fighters were different. The matches themselves were different. Now, it looks like a bunch of 'roided up guys, 'fake' personalities to pump up the crowd/ticket sales, more showmanship than substance.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the wrong demographic for them, but it just doesn't get my attention. Nothing personal.
    There are many differences, such as the whole thing about the UFC being real where WWE is fake.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post

I see a lot of differences myself. I see the sport closer to a combination of boxing/grappling/and various martial arts disciplines. The fact that they use weight classes, utilize safety procedures and have a strong governing body who decides when a person is eligible to return to competition. Also they have a strict drug testing program with stiff penalties for people who choose to break the rules on that. I see it as safer than boxing though because the fights are fought and closely monitored by skilled professionals. They jump in quickly to stop a fight when someone is done for the count as well.

They have come a long, long way from the olden days when the other owners advertised it as a bloodsport and had little rules, regulations, weight classes. Now that Dana White (a boxing fanatic) owns the company, he has restored the image of mmaand has turned it into the sport that it is today.

I am an official fan of Adam Belcher. Kid is tough and brings it every fight. Would love to see him fight Chris Leban. It is time for Fedor vs Lesner in a super fight but Dana White is too much of an A hole to get the thing done. I also want to see GSP vs Anderson Silva on the same card. We as fans deserve this.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I personally thought Sat. sucked as a whole.

I was really hyped for the GSP Alves fight, and it just didn't produce what I expected. Maybe it had to do with GSP injuring his groin, which he said really bothers me, but I just thought it was a lackluster fight.

Atleast when Lesner got Mir down, he worked him. GSP seemed to wrestle with him for a bit then, slap him in the face, wrestle a bit more, then slap him in the face.

I really think that fight just put a damper on the night for me.

Mood

I thought it was ok, but not the greatest I had ever seen. The thing that made it so disappointing for people was the huge hype going in to this PPV. To me it was ok, I would not have paid the 45$ for it, but my brother-in-law gets all of the PPV's for free. We take the opportunity to have a few guys come over and have a few brews and some pizza. I have to admit that it was much better than a lot of the boxing PPV's I have seen.

Brock Lesner and his antics: I do not care one iota about the way he acted. If I wanted to see interviews/drama I would watch the WWE more. I for one am sick and tired of not seeing some of the fights due to Joe Rogan doing an interview. Fighters should fight not give interviews.