Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC - Posts about UFC news.

Default UFC - Posts about UFC news.

Anyone else on this board watching UFC now? I do and I figured I might aswell make a post to see who else is.

Default Re: UFC - Posts about UFC news.

I like it. There's another thread somewhere about it.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's fight.

Jackson v. Henderson that should be a great fight. One of the better match ups this year.

As a TUF fan I'm looking forward to seeing Hamill and Bisping. They both can do damage.

I'm also curious to see what Alexander does. He tore up Jardine.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I searched the forum but didnt find anything. Oh well the other thread is dead.

I too am looking forward to this Saturdays match although I will have to tape it and watch it later due to being out of town for the weekend to visit the rcarey.

I am a bit of a TUF fan I watched the first season when Bonar and Griffin squared off for aht GREAT match. At the time it was the best fight I had seen in a long time.

And yeah I cant wait to see Rampage vs Henderson. That will hopefully be a lot better than the Liddell v Rampage fight.

I saw a bit of the TUF season that had Hamill and Bisping on it so I will like to see it aswell. But this upcoming season of TUF is looking like it will be intense by the previews I saw.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=32406

That is the thread. All 7 posts.

Well, know we know why Sherk is a beast.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I miss pride ufc is

You aren't excited to see Jackson v. Henderson?

I just want to see the best fighters fight each other. Now that is possible without having to argue which is better.

Somewhat excited yes but that being said Dan Henderson fought most of his career at 185 so 205 is not really his natural fighting weight and secondly he shouldn't even be holding the pride 205 title. Shogun, Lil Nog, Arona are all much better at 205 than Henderson lil nog and arona already beat Henderson before. Henderson is just lucky he got to fight a weak and injured silva.

Rampage is one of my favorites cause of his fighting style and personality but I will be the first to admit hes not the best 205. Styles make fights and Rampage is just perfect to beat Liddell but the guy got smashed by Silva twice and Shogun once just as badly. Besides chuck is best win is probably Arona in which he shouldn't even have the victory considering he knocked himself out during the slam.

I think it will be a good fight don't get me wrong but I just don't believe it is as meaningful as some suggest.

Yeah I started the last UFC thread, but it didn't draw much convo. I'm looking forward to the next couple of fights. I agree the Rampage/Henderson should be entertaining. Hamill/Bisping should be fun too. Hamill is more of a wrestler, so it depends if he tries to stand up with Bisping or not.

I'm a little disappointed from Koscheck's showing against GSP. St. Pierre was on his game, but if Kos would've have wrestled with him, instead of allowing GSP to just shoot at will, he would've won. I feel the same goes for Hamill Sat. if he wrestles with Bisping... he should win!

MMA is too far advanced for people to be only skilled at 1 art form. Matt Hamill will never be successful. The days of Coleman, Kerr wrestling in mma are done.

Mood

Watch UFC on Spike TV this coming 8th. Match-up between Hendo (Henderson) and Rampage is awesome. Champion vs Champion! I am more of a Pride fan so UFC buying Pride is a great move. A lot of upper tier caliber fighters are from Pride. Nogueira, Rampage, CroCop and Henderson are just a few who made the jump. CroCop is fighting on the 8th too tryin to bounce back from a loss. He is still explosive! Brandon Vera is back in the UFC and will face Tim Sylvia next month. Watch out for Shogun Rua's debut too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a little disappointed from Koscheck's showing against GSP. St. Pierre was on his game, but if Kos would've have wrestled with him, instead of allowing GSP to just shoot at will, he would've won. I feel the same goes for Hamill Sat. if he wrestles with Bisping... he should win!
    Yeah that fight it looked like Kos was letting GSP do what he wanted. He never got into his own rythm. Just et GSP do as he pleased. But I am glad GSP won the fight as I do not like Kos as all. Never have since he was on TUF. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I know there is a lot of love out there for Kos, but his last two fights have sucked.

If Hamill never improves sure he won't be have a successful of career. I think he will. He's a strong guy and there are tons of wrestlers who have made the transition. I think the bigger issue with him is his head.

I would be shocked if Hamill ever becomes anything close to a champion, his striking is pathetic. His style of fighting would have worked 10 years ago. 99% of the guys from Tuf have been bums except for Kos, Sanchez, Griffin, Rashad, Joe Stevenson but even those guys won't become contenders/champs except possibly Joe just because they will probably hand him the belt when he fights some bum for the lw title but like half the best lw's in the world are not even in ufc.

SPECIAL DELIVERY: SCENT OF FRESHLY PREPARED KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN TO TEMPT TASTE BUDS OF AMERICAN OFFICEWORKERS

KFC Unveils New $2.99 Deals Via First-Ever Aroma-Focused Corporate Product Placement

LOUISVILLE, KY - In a marketing first, KFC is highlighting the launch of its $2.99 Deals by placing the mouth-watering aroma of Kentucky Fried Chicken in the halls and offices of corporate America.

Forget television integrations or corporate naming rights, Kentucky Fried Chicken's first-ever "scent-focused" pilot program teamed KFC with corporate mail rooms nationwide. Along with carrying inter-office mail, overnight packages and bills, mail carts in Washington, D.C., Chicago and Dallas delivered the aroma of freshly prepared Kentucky Fried Chicken during pre-lunch mail drops.

Through the pilot program, KFC worked with an online company, a business-to-business consulting firm and a non-profit, to include a $2.99 Deal - a plated meal including KFC's world famous chicken, a side item and a biscuit - on the actual mail carts that pass the offices of hungry workers.

"There is truly no better brand ambassador worldwide than the signature aroma of freshly prepared Kentucky Fried Chicken," said James O'Reilly, chief marketing officer for KFC. "And we couldn't think of a better way to showcase the value of our new $2.99 Deal than to inject the mouth-watering scent of Kentucky Fried Chicken into the corridors of corporate America."

To bring the sweet-smelling promotion to life, KFC collaborated with Chemistry.com in Dallas; the Trade Association & Society Consultants of Washington, D.C.; and the Chicago offices of the Salvation Army.

The perfect lunchtime fix, KFC's new $2.99 Deals are a plated meal including either one chicken breast, a drumstick and thigh, or two Crispy Strips, along with a choice of a side item such as mashed potatoes and gravy or cheesy macaroni & cheese, and a flaky biscuit. It's a real meal for lunch for just $2.99. For more information or to find your nearest KFC location, please visit www.KFC.com.

About KFC
    KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain specializing in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™ and Colonel's Crispy Strips® with home-style sides, Honey BBQ Wings, and freshly made chicken sandwiches. There are more than 14,000 KFC outlets in more than 80 countries and territories around the world, serving some 12 million customers each day. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM.)
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by newman8r View Post
    Yeah that fight it looked like Kos was letting GSP do what he wanted. He never got into his own rythm. Just et GSP do as he pleased. But I am glad GSP won the fight as I do not like Kos as all. Never have since he was on TUF. Just rubbed me the wrong way.
    Yeah a lot of folks don't like Kos. My cousin and I use to follow his collegiate wrestling career, so i've always been a fan of his. I personally thought he beat Diego on the show, but it seems judges score things differently. Some value takedowns, and some don't unless you work after the takedowns. It's actually complicated b/c you do the work to take a guy off his feet, but then if you don't attack afterwards the non-action can hurt you. What's crazy is two of the judges gave Kos the 1st round based off his reversal/takedown in the 1st round, so it would have been interesting to see what the scorecard would've been if he would've taken down GSP towards the end of the 3rd.

GSP dominated that fight, and though I'm a Kos fan, I was happy for GSP as well.

It's good to have multiple fighting styles in your backgorund, but I think the ones with the wrestling backgrounds have done pretty well for themselves. As long as they don't get caught in submissions, they're usually pretty good.

You look at Koscheck, Rashaad, and even Hamill. All of them did well on their respective TUF show, and have had success since. You can also look at guys like Matt Hughes and Sherk (barring steroid controversy) and they've done well for themselves too.

Not saying you can just go in with wrestling and win, but if you learn to defend and not get caught with something... wrestlers tend to do well in MMA

These are my picks for Sat.

Jackson V Henderson
    Henderson might be better pound per pound but he is still fighting out of his wieght class.

Hamill v Bisping
    Bisping obviously is the more well rounded fighter. I just want to Hamill to prove the doubters wrong.

Cro Cop v Kongo
    No way should he lose.

Davis v Taylor
    Davis is on a roll. I expect it to continue.

Alexander v Sakara
    Alexander looked pretty impressive the 45 seconds I saw of him.

I don't know about the fighters on the undercard, but that never stopped me from having an opinion before.

Tibau v Etim

Drwal v Thiago Silva

Katani v Siver

Torres v Liaudin

I don't know if Kongo is the best fighter, but I watched the weigh-in and the guy is huge! I doubt Cro Cop loses again though, but I don't know b/c i haven't seen this Kongo guy fight. he looks a lot bigger then Cro Cop though, so i wouldn't be shocked if he beat Cro Cop
    Last edited by pwee31; 09-08-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Matt Hamill got screwed! Unbelievable!!

Yeah, no one with the group I was with thought Bisping won. He talked all of smack for someone who was given the match, too.

Alexander's a beast. I'd like to see him fight someone who can give him trouble.

What's wrong with Cro Cop? He's been disappointing in the UFC.

Jackson Henderson was a good fight. I think Jackson is coming into his own.

That UFC 79 was GREAT

The Liddell Silva fight was superb and I only wished it was a championship fight so that I could have seen 2 more rounds of that actions.

The Hughes GSP fight was good as well but GSP dominated from the start. I wanted him to win as he is a fellow Canadian but I do want to see a Hughes Sierra fight like it was supposed to be.

Anyone else see these fights?

Quote Originally Posted by newman8r View Post
    That UFC 79 was GREAT

The Liddell Silva fight was superb and I only wished it was a championship fight so that I could have seen 2 more rounds of that actions.

The Hughes GSP fight was good as well but GSP dominated from the start. I wanted him to win as he is a fellow Canadian but I do want to see a Hughes Sierra fight like it was supposed to be.

Anyone else see these fights?
    I saw them. They pretty much went as I expected them to

UFC 84 is coming on May 24th, 2008 Who will be watching?

I'll be watching

I have Sherk beating Penn
    Silva beating Jardine.

And Tito Ortiz will probably get slaughtered

Undecided.

I believe and hope Sherk loses.

Silva and Jardine is the only fight I'm looking forward to.