Thread: Colt's Make Final Cuts

Threaded View

Default Colt's Make Final Cuts

I guess the most surprising if you listened to the Colt's management going into preseason would be DeDe Dorsey. But I thought Kenton Keith definitely outplayed him and looked much stronger. It kind of would surprise me if they only kept two backs though. Former Purdue receiver John Standeford got cut also. I thought he looked pretty decent in the preseason but I guess they just had too many other receivers. I'm shocked Luke Lawton made the final cut. I thought he was merely training camp fodder.

http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page...0-700f06c44602
    Saturday, September 1
    CUTS MADE
    By John Oehser - Colts.com

Dorsey, Dawson Among Colts Roster Moves to 53 Players
    INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts made 22 necessary roster moves on Saturday, a list that included a few names familiar to Colts fans and a few surprises. It also included some players who have been around the Colts a while.
    DeDe Dorsey. Bo Schobel. Ryan LaCasse.
    John Standeford. Matt Ulrich.

All earned Super Bowl rings with the Colts last season and all were let go Saturday as the Colts trimmed their roster from 75 to the league-mandated 53 in preparation for the 2007 NFL regular season.

Among the most notable players released?

Dorsey, a second-year veteran who competed with Canadian Football League veteran Kenton Keith and rookie free agent Clifton Dawson throughout 2007 Training Camp and preseason for the backup running back position behind starter Joseph Addai.

Keith rushed for 64 yards on 12 preseason carries, and Dorsey rushed for 76 yards on 28 carries while Dawson rushed for 48 yards on 12 carries.
    Dawson also was released, as were the following players

Linebacker Brandon Archer, quarterback Josh Betts, defensive back Duane Coleman, defensive back TanardDavis, tight end Matt Farbotko, tight end Jonny Harline, linebacker KaMichael Hall, LaCasse, offensive guard Joe Lobdell, defensive tackle Ramel Meekins, defensive back Antonio Perkins, tight Gijon Robinson, Schobel, wide receiver Trent Shelton, Standeford, wide receiver Craphonso Thorpe, Ulrich, defensive back Scott Ware, offensive guard Sam Wilder and linebacker Victor Worsley.

Schobel, a defensive end, also spent all or part of last season on the Colts' active roster, as did LaCasse (defensive end) and Standeford, a wide receiver who spent the last three seasons on the Colts’ practice squad. Ulrich, an offensive guard, signed with the Colts late last season, and was inactive throughout the playoffs.

Other non-drafted players making the Colts’ active roster for the first time included:
    Defensive back Melvin Bullitt, defensive end Jeff Charleston, linebacker Ramon Guzman, defensive tackle Ed Johnson and fullback Luke Lawton.
    Johnson started all four preseason games for the Colts, and Guzman and Bullitt made impressions on special teams.
    Last edited by McClintic Sphere; 09-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.