Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artest back in town!

Default Re: Artest back in town!

Sign and trade him along with JO to LA for Odom and Bynum, that's the only way I see him being in the same sentence with the Pacers.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did he ever bad-mouth us though while he was in Sacto? if he never did I'd probably be ok with it as long as we have a special "crazy act-out team opt-out clause" for insurance.
    No, that's one thing I do like about Ron in this case. He ruined the support when he asked for a trade, but he didn't go out of here guns blazing with trash talk and badmouthing.

He continues to keep his family in Indy it appears and always has talked up the community, including as a place to retire. In a day and age when we talk about FAs not wanting to come to the Indy region (fair or not) his talk is a change of pace.

He also has said that now he respects Carlisle's system and approach and that he didn't appreciate it at the time.

So while he does have a list of issues he also has this compelling side of contrition and at least lip-service understanding and progression. That doesn't mean you bring him in, but it means that he's not really the "no way in hell" type of guy either.

I thought the fans got on Jackson way too much but I'd still take Ron back first I think. At the very least Ron almost never got T'd up for arguing with the refs.

For me I like the good parts of Ron enough to wish he'd straighten out the stupid things. But until he proves that he has I can't give him credit for doing so, despite the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    Nobody else in the world trusts him; I doubt Bird or Walsh would either. Plus they don't want fans to burn down Conseco in protest.
    After the 20-5 start to the season all that rumbling would turn to cheers. What, you think fans are going to be happy if the first 3 months this year look like that last 3 months last season (reminder: 11-26)? The burning might be coming no matter what, or worse yet TOTAL DISINTEREST which is TPTB's worst nightmare.

My question with Ron is will he stay out of legal/moral incidents and will the team win if he's here? Answer yes to all that and I see no problem. The debate to me is whether that answer ever can truly be yes.

How about JO to Sacto for Martin/Artest/Miller. I'd do it and I like JO's game.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 08-28-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You want Artest? We want to get rid of Kenny Thomas. Make us an offer in some kind of package deal and they're both yours. And keep your grubby mitts off Kevin Martin. He ain't going nowhere.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

So wait what did he say about the Kings?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    sweet...if he can patch things up with JO lets trade murphy for him. LOL
    We will be unstopable!
    Are you nuts? The only thing we would be stopping is our own team.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron always says the right things during the off season. It is the stress of winning/losing that turns on the diarreha brain.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    After the 20-5 start to the season all that rumbling would turn to cheers. What, you think fans are going to be happy if the first 3 months this year look like that last 3 months last season (reminder: 11-26)? The burning might be coming no matter what, or worse yet TOTAL DISINTEREST which is TPTB's worst nightmare.

My question with Ron is will he stay out of legal/moral incidents and will the team win if he's here? Answer yes to all that and I see no problem. The debate to me is whether that answer ever can truly be yes.

How about JO to Sacto for Martin/Artest/Miller. I'd do it and I like JO's game.
    I think the fans are disinterested already. I don't think a burning is coming, regardless of record. Like you said, there will be heightened disinterest, and that is worse.

That trade is delusional. Once Artest goes Artest again, we get Martin and Miller for JO? I would do that trade if we got $30 million in cash too. Oh, and a team option to dump Artest's non-guaranteed contract that would also not count against the cap, and that team option could be exercised every single day of his contract.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    He continues to keep his family in Indy it appears and always has talked up the community, including as a place to retire. In a day and age when we talk about FAs not wanting to come to the Indy region (fair or not) his talk is a change of pace.
    Actually, to the contrary, his property in Zionsville has been on the market for a few weeks now.

http://www.carpenterrealtors.com/pro..._MlsName=MIBOR

Huh. Well where's he staying when he comes into town to play at LA Fitness and stuff like that? Why is he coming back to town so much? I assumed his travel in and out of Indy was due to some ties to the city still.

Regardless he's never badmouthed anything about the city or the team. He didn't even really trash out Rick at the time, just said he couldn't figure the system and wasn't comfortable in it. That put blame on Rick of course, but not in the typically caustic way most player rants come off regarding coaches.

That was my point.

On the Martin/Artest/Miller trade, it's not realistic but that's from a Kings view. No way they give up Martin at this point. The key is that the Pacers take Miller's deal and Ron's risk. It would give the Pacers a high quality SG with an outside shot, nearing AS ability it would seem, a star defender and a modestly reliable center.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We just signed Martin to a 5 yr/$55 million deal and the local paper has already proclaimed him the "face of the franchise." Sorry guys. Kev isn't going anywhere.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Red face Re: Artest back in town!

I for one would love to have him back. But I would write the contract, 1. No gauranteed contract. 2. The very first time he started trouble, he would be gone. On or off the floor. 3. Contract for one year. 4. Also write in bonus for being a good citizen. I know he would most likley never agree to this. He is one of biggest disappoints in the NBA with talent he has, and the way he waste it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kybjones View Post
    Actually, to the contrary, his property in Zionsville has been on the market for a few weeks now.

http://www.carpenterrealtors.com/pro..._MlsName=MIBOR
    He has a different house. And i think it was just recently finished.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

How do you forgive a guy who totally, totally f'ed up your franchise and now you want him back to SAVE it? Are you serious? I hope there isn't a chance in hell they would even sell him a ticket to get into Conseco for an NBA game.
    Last edited by ABADays; 08-31-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    He has a different house. And i think it was just recently finished.
    Aha. There you go.

BTW, did you ever wonder if the Ron mentions in the MM blog were feelers for Ron coming back? At least those of you who think Mark just speaks for the franchise must suspect it a little.

Previously some have wondered if the stories weren't sometimes a preparation for what's about to happen.

Ron hurt the team but he wishes he could take full credit for F'ing it up totally. They were still above .500 even last season, then some other people got involved in the situation. Not to mention a little thing called Rio, which even though it was blown out of proportion wasn't exactly helpful and led to a trade TPTB admit to feeling forced into by the fans.

No trade request, but move to Knicks okay with Artest
    Thursday, Aug 30, 2007 12:50 pm EDT

Ron Artest, Sacramento Kings forward, still hasn't asked the team to trade him, but he reiterated Tuesday that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the New York Knicks.

He also pointed out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don't think anybody will give me up the way I've been working out this summer."

Source: Newsday

NBA RUMOR LINK

12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.