Thread: Any advice?

Hybrid View

Default Any advice?

I've been out of the country and paid 0 attention to the NFL so far, and done NO prep for my draft tonight (and I usually do a ton.)

Any players to look for in certain rounds? Injuries I should know about? Is Gyron watching me type this from the closet behind me?

Default Re: Any advice?

You want to pick Micheal Vick as your #1 draft pick. Just behind that you want Booger McFarland.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been out of the country and paid 0 attention to the NFL so far, and done NO prep for my draft tonight (and I usually do a ton.)

Any players to look for in certain rounds? Injuries I should know about? Is Gyron watching me type this from the closet behind me?
    Wow - following your law school adventures should be fun
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Well, this draft should certainly go well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The top 3 in almost every draft I've been in has went L.T., Stephen Jackson, L.J., and then after that, Gore, Alexander, Addai, Peyton, and then the rest is varied, maybe a run of the top 3 receivers.

Adrian Peterson of the Vikings should probably go a little higher than he's rated, he's going to be solid.

Late round sleepers I've seen are maybe WRs - Vincent Jackson, Devery Henderson, Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn Jr, TEs - Greg Olsen, and Dallas Clark, RBs - Tatum Bell, Jerious Norwood, Julius Jones, even Carnell Williams, Randy Moss, and Jamal Lewis have gone reasonably late.

QBs are really thin in mid rounds, if you wait to pick one after your RBs, and WRs this year, you're gonna be left to choose from Roethlisberger, Pennington, Eli Manning, and Alex Smith.

Kickers, and Defense really depends on how you like to draft, I always wait until late rounds on those, and this year between 6 drafts so far, after round 10, I've picked the likes of Jacksonville, Carolina Ds, and a lot of people have been jumping to get Vinatieri, Kaeding, and Gould, so don't be surprised to see some fools go for a kicker in round 6.

Other than that, I always use firefox, and open 3 or 4 tabs on top of the league window, and have pages with 2007 fantasy football rankings, like sports illustrated, cbs sportsline, and even yahoo's big board, just to see where everyone seems to be going this season.

Good luck in your draft btown.

Thanks burnzone, good advice. I'll post the results (no matter how painful they may be) when I'm done.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I also forgot to add that RB Travis Henry of Denver has been going in high rounds, but he hurt his knee in pre-season, and might not be 100% by the first week of the regular season.

The same goes for Thomas Jones of the Jets, he might not be 100% the first week either.

And also, because of Larry Johnson's holdout, he hasn't been in camp, and says he will be sharing carries maybe the first 3 weeks, until he gets in game shape. That shouldn't discourage anyone from picking him past the top 5 though.

Also, Laveranues Coles has been sitting there in late rounds at times, as has Marion Barber III, and apparently Lendale White of the Titans didn't come into camp fat this year, and has been looking good in practice, so he might be a late round depth pick.

Okay, tried to update myself on injuries the last hour or so. Roughly pre-ranked all of my players.

I usually lean towards letting defense and kicker fall to the wayside until I absolutely have to take one. The point differential isn't enough to make it worth passing up a #2 WR or #3 RB to get a kicker who might score 1.3 more points per game than another 5 rounds later.

LJ scares me based entirely on his amount of carries last season. He could have another monster year, but everyone in history save Eric Dickerson says his body falters this year.

Time sensitive - I got the #2 pick. Thoughts for the first two rounds (draft is in 25 minutes)?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing really useful, but Willie Parker has been hurt and less-than-impressive in his one preseason appearance.

He might be a bargain if he slips, but watching him every week, I have no idea how his stats are ever as good as they are.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Pretty happy so far. Will update results soonish.

QB- Jay Cutler, Den
    RB- Steven Jackson, Stl
    RB- Maurice Jones Drew, Jac
    WR- Steve Smith, Car
    WR- Marques Colston, NO
    WR- Anquan Boldin, Ari
    TE- Todd Heap, Bal
    W/R- Adrian Peterson, Min
    K- David Akers, Phi
    Defense- Denver

Bench-

Fred Taylor, RB, Jac
    Santonio Holmes, WR, Pit
    Ladell Betts, RB, Was
    Eli Manning, QB, NYG
    Leon Washington, RB, NYJ
    Jerry Porter, WR, Oak

Pretty happy with that.

Good team you've assembled there.

For those picking #3 or #4, who would pick?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.