Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm going to my first ever Colt's preseason game Saturday......

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

Default So I'm going to my first ever Colt's preseason game Saturday......

& I'm very excited!
    My mom read on our local paper that there were some tickets that were left over. So she went on ticketmaster and bought two tickets for her and I. We're all the way up near the top.

We've both never been to a Colt's game, & we've never been in the RCA Dome before.

So my question is; what should I expect? Any good advice?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

Default Re: So I'm going to my first ever Colt's preseason game Saturday......

don't park at the mall thinking that you'll get off cheaper. without proof of shopping it costs $25.00 to get out of that place there is alot going on at pan am plaza before the game so be sure to go early.

The best place to park (if you don't mind walking 4 blocks or so) is the Lilly Lot just south of Conseco on Delaware St. It's only $3 and is an easy walk to the Dome!

woman without a team

The last game I went to we parked at Conseco. Granted it was a few years ago (pre-Dungy era), but it was a lot cheaper so I didn't mind the walk so much.

As for when you get to the stadium be prepared to walk up a TON of stairs. I'm assuming you and your mother are young enough to take it. Me, just the thought of walking up 300 stairs makes me want to cry.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Parking in that Conseco lot seems to be the parking lot of choice, if that's the one you guys are speaking of and I'm thinking of.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

If it's your first time for any of it you'll have a good time. Take binoculars though.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Enjoy the experience. I'm assuming a blizzard won't be blowing in, and hopefully there won't be a monsoon either... so it should be easy to walk from about anywhere you choose. You should see plenty of places to park (closer is more expensive). Pick the best deal vs the amount of walking you want to tolerate and go for it. Don't try and get all the way to the stadium... but do make sure you can SEE the RCA Dome from where you park

Being a preseason game, it likely won't be as rowdy and the crowd might calm down a little sooner than they would for a regular season game, but it should still be fun. Especially for first timers. Prepare to be hooked and wanting to do it again!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

haha thanks guys.
    I'm sure I'll have a good time.
    Hopefully we can WIN this game lol.
    & we could probably invest in some binoculars.

..Michael Jordan.

doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NO, we want to lose. It's good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by J0DannyFan733 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha thanks guys.
    I'm sure I'll have a good time.
    Hopefully we can WIN this game lol.
    & we could probably invest in some binoculars.
    Who cares if we win, it's only preseason, save the wins for the regular season.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Who cares if we win, it's only preseason, save the wins for the regular season.
    haha, well you might as well win at least one preseason game

You know, if the season ticket waiting list is at 23000, is there even a point to adding yourself on it?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    You know, if the season ticket waiting list is at 23000, is there even a point to adding yourself on it?
    Sure, you're young, others aren't.

Yeah, but by the time I get them, this team will be long dismantled....how sad
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Update:
    So I'm sitting here, doing nothing, I figured I would tell everyone how my experience went. Since everyone gave me such good advice.

Anyways, after the Fever game, we walked over to our hotel. (We ended up getting reservations at the Crowne Point Plaza.) Which is a very nice hotel btw. Then we got our Colts stuff on and got all hyped up for that. In the Crowne Point Plaza there's an overpass that leads right straight to the Dome.
    So, therefore, we didn't have to take all the stairs like everyone else did. So we crossed over to the Dome area, got in our gateway, then we looked at different things, and got drinks before we went in there. You guys were right when you said we would climb alot of stairs! But anyways, the game was great, the atmosphere was great in the arena. There were some Detroit fans around us though. They were all quite after the first quarter, haha. We didn't really need any binoculars, we could see the numbers and all that. My mom doesn't know much about football though, so I had to explain the game to her. I think she was paying too much attention to Peyton Manning, IMO. The only time binoculars would have came in handy is when the players were all on the sideline. Since they're all bunched up you can't really tell who's who.

Things I got:
    *I got one of those game books you get when you come thru the doors.
    *Colts beads.
    *A six piece set of pins; which included Peyton, Dwight, Reggie, Sanders, Clark, Harrison.
    *A Colts bear to go with my Pacers one.
    I think that's it.

But all in all, it was a great experience, the crowd was great, everything was great. I bet we'll probably go to a lot more, they are addicting as some people said.

..Michael Jordan.

doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

You got to see a great game. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Fever huh? So you got to see two Indy teams smoke their opponents.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Update:
    So I'm sitting here, doing nothing, I figured I would tell everyone how my experience went. Since everyone gave me such good advice.

Anyways, after the Fever game, we walked over to our hotel. (We ended up getting reservations at the Crowne Point Plaza.) Which is a very nice hotel btw. Then we got our Colts stuff on and got all hyped up for that. In the Crowne Point Plaza there's an overpass that leads right straight to the Dome.
    So, therefore, we didn't have to take all the stairs like everyone else did. So we crossed over to the Dome area, got in our gateway, then we looked at different things, and got drinks before we went in there. You guys were right when you said we would climb alot of stairs! But anyways, the game was great, the atmosphere was great in the arena. There were some Detroit fans around us though. They were all quite after the first quarter, haha. We didn't really need any binoculars, we could see the numbers and all that. My mom doesn't know much about football though, so I had to explain the game to her. I think she was paying too much attention to Peyton Manning, IMO. The only time binoculars would have came in handy is when the players were all on the sideline. Since they're all bunched up you can't really tell who's who.

Things I got:
    *I got one of those game books you get when you come thru the doors.
    *Colts beads.
    *A six piece set of pins; which included Peyton, Dwight, Reggie, Sanders, Clark, Harrison.
    *A Colts bear to go with my Pacers one.
    I think that's it.

But all in all, it was a great experience, the crowd was great, everything was great. I bet we'll probably go to a lot more, they are addicting as some people said.
    Glad that you got to see a good game.

I'll most likely be at the season opener against the Saints.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    You got to see a great game. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Fever huh? So you got to see two Indy teams smoke their opponents.
    Yep I did enjoy myself, I'm hooked on Colts games now, hehe.
    I'm really glad that they both won!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Glad that you got to see a good game.

I'll most likely be at the season opener against the Saints.
    yupp

& Dang! I wanna go to that game. I love Reggie Bush. & I love the Colts. So I'm totally hatin on you right now, lol.

yupp

& Dang! I wanna go to that game. I love Reggie Bush. & I love the Colts. So I'm totally hatin on you right now, lol.

Super Bowl XLI Champions

I'm sitting on the 50 yard line 6th row for the Colts Saints game.

Mood

Lucky B*****d!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I'm sitting on the 50 yard line 6th row for the Colts Saints game.
    We should be around there, possibly.

I'll be in a blue Peyton Manning jersey!

Super Bowl XLI Champions

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is a song that is played at the beginning of Colts' games. It starts off with the lyrics of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." It is a harder rock song. Anyone know what the song is?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    There is a song that is played at the beginning of Colts' games. It starts off with the lyrics of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." It is a harder rock song. Anyone know what the song is?
    I haven't heard it at a Colts game, as I've never been to one, but I'd bet it's the song "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.