Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Biggest Loser" PD Edition ... WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

Default Re: "Biggest Loser" PD Edition ... WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

I weigh in on Saturday mornings. I have stayed within my diet all week. I did have a little left over pizza last night (not much piece and a half), but stayed within my calorie range. I am just trying to minimize that kind of food. I have done OK, but I could do better on the excercise front. I walked 14 flights of stairs yesterday, and I have done the treadmill twice since Saturday. If I keep up doing the treadmill every day until Saturday, then I will be happy.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Holy cow, ABA, can't wait for you to make another forum party so Peck and co. will have a new guy to pick on.

Seriously, though, great job!

Have you had any trouble losing the belly fat? That's where I keep getting stuck. Stupid genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy cow, ABA, can't wait for you to make another forum party so Peck and co. will have a new guy to pick on.

Seriously, though, great job!

Have you had any trouble losing the belly fat? That's where I keep getting stuck. Stupid genetics.
    Thanks. No. I need to tone it up but it's not a problem.

I can't wait to get back for some of the get togethers. I'm sure Donatos (4 blocks from my home) will reverse the trend.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

As of today, I'm 193. I started running more regularly, and I'm trying to cut back further on sugar, but I never go above 2000 calories, so I don't know if there's too much I can do! I think it comes off quick until you're within about 10% of ideal weight, then it becomes much tougher, even with proper diet and exercise.

I'm highly recommending California Rolls as a nice eat-out treat. ~600 calories for 3 rolls, usually keeps me full for 4-5 hours, and the imitation crab and avocado are high in omega 3 acids while also being low in saturated fat, and the rice, I'm hearing, can actually speed up your metabolism. I haven't seen a study quoted, but I always seem to lose better when I get sushi about once per week.

Oh, and stay the hell away from Chinese at all costs! You'd be better off eating a Big Mac and fries.

one week, exactly 3 pounds lost.

so far, so good

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

week 1 weigh in - 86 kg = same as initial weigh in....

Weigh in....243.5 no weight lost this week

Didn't get the excerise in I wanted to. Ate a little too much a couple days as well.

I will try to refocus again over the weekend.

Darn it....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Weigh in - 174.

I felt great the first half of this week, but as the week in Vegas dragged on, I cheated more and more.

Time to kick this thing up.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Another couple o' pounds... on the way!
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

would be nice to have a chart or a list of all the results

Banned

244...ughh...up a pound. The week before the contest started I was down quite a bit. Some weeks you get rewarded for no reason, and sometimes you get punished for no reason. This was the latter. I am going to keep my head up and keep rolling. I have done the treadmill the last couple of day, took the dog for a walk one evening, and have been busy doing yard work around the house. I am trying to stay more active and am trying to spend less time in front of the television.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Bad weekend for me. Wife and I went to a wedding in asheville, Left the kiddie with the baby sitter had lots of fun, and did LOTS of drinking....
    Hopefully, I can get back on track today, and start walking etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i weighed this morning and am still at 210. I need to get off my lazy butt.

238.2. Start Weight
    235.8 Week 1
    233.8 Week 2
    232.0 Today

Another 1.8 pounds down... Woo Hoo!
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

still at 86kg...

shouldnt be happy that i'm not doing anything to change it....
    urgh

Forgot to post my weigh in on Friday. I went the wrong way last week.

245.5 was my weigh in.

Although Starting last wenesday, We started walking everynight. About 2 miles. Just got get the eating under control. Hopefully, I'll be much better this week.

I know saturday morning, I had dropped some of that I had gained by freiday. So we'll see how I do at the end of the week. Also ate a lot of salads this weekend and not so much going out to eat. That should be a benefit.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Meh.

I injured my hip surfing, so I'm not getting the exercise that I was before. Need to figure out a solution to that.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

week 2 was not so good in the weight loss department. I had a birthday, and my son had a birthday, so two cakes, pizza for his party, buffet Chinese restaurant on my birthday, very lttle exercise...

start: 298.5
    after week 1: 295.5
    after week 2: 296.5

244.5...up 1/2 pound...I am having some really good days, but I have been ruining it with a few disastrous evenings.

The positive is that I have been using the treadmill regularly. I have a weight loss program on my treadmill at home. It is 30 minutes, and is pretty simplistic. 4 minutes flat, 4 minutes at 10% incline. I have been doing it at least 5 times a week. I have also been walking the dog most evenings, and I started some basic circuit training at home. I am wicked sore from that. I did lunges, which I hate, but they are great for the legs. I was pretty sore, but I am trying to ease into the strength building.

I have also been trying quite a few recipes out of the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I am trying to basically find some low calorie versions of foods I like.

My big challenge is going to be this coming weekend. I am headed to Chicago to visit a friend. I am going to shoot for quality over quantity with food and drink in an effort to keep things in check.
    -Pat Riley

I'm back up to 195, due to some very poor eating and a keg party last weekend. I've got three weeks to really crank up the exercise and eating habits, because I work weekends, and that means no parties, which means no beer and late night Rallys runs

much better 3rd week:

start: 298.5
    after week 1: 295.5
    after week 2: 296.5
    after week 3: 293.5

start of weight - 86kg
    week 1 - 86 kg
    week 2 - 86 kg
    week 3 - 86kg

at least i'm consistent? :S

Go to law school. You'll forget to eat because you don't have time any more. Or you'll sneak into the South Asian GLBT Student Association because you heard they had free pizza.

I wieghed in at 244.5 on Friday, but Im vacation with my brother whos home on a break from Iraq, so I'm sure the liquor and food is gonna hurt this week, back on trakc next week.