Thread: What if? The 2007 Senior NBA tour.

Default What if? The 2007 Senior NBA tour.

With the talk of Reggie coming back and other players who seem to have a hard time giving up the game would fans be interested in a senior league like there is in pro golf?

The plus would be fans would get to continue to watch some of their all time favorites. The negative of course is watching the diminished skill of your favorites and I'm not sure about injuries, but with a limited number of games I could see it as a possibility.

Now your Indiana Pacemakers.......
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What if? The 2007 Senior NBA tour.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the talk of Reggie coming back and other players who seem to have a hard time giving up the game would fans be interested in a senior league like there is in pro golf?

The plus would be fans would get to continue to watch some of their all time favorites. The negative of course is watching the diminished skill of your favorites and I'm not sure about injuries, but with a limited number of games I could see it as a possibility.

Now your Indiana Pacemakers.......

While it may be good in theory...no.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Maybe. If it were say, spring only, about 20-something games, and a best of 3 format for the playoffs, it could be interesting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We already had the senior tour. It was called the NBA old-timer's game , and it was very ugly and sad to watch.

Thankfully the NBA did away with it 14 years ago. That was a stupid idea and I got sick of watching old men struggle just to run down the floor.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

streets ahead

i think the most they could do is make something like this an allstar weekend event. i don't think you could sustain an entirely seperate league and multiple teams. but one game allstar weekend would probably be doable. and regardless of people struggling to get up and down the court, it'd be more entertaining than the slam dunk contest the last 5 years.
    This is the darkest timeline.

As someone who used to watch the "oldtimers" game during allstar weekend - I would not be interested at all in watching a senior league or even a senior tour.

Wow that was painful to watch you are so right Kstat. Players got injured also. basketball is not a sport to be played by older men.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We already had the senior tour. It was called the NBA old-timer's game , and it was very ugly and sad to watch.

Thankfully the NBA did away with it 14 years ago. That was a stupid idea and I got sick of watching old men struggle just to run down the floor.
    I have to agree. It's a lot like watching the older baseball guys in those softball charity games. Heck, even some of the recent retirement guys struggle a bit. It's just not that nice looking.

The PGA thing still had really good golf from those guys, golf that looked similar to the main game even if it was a little off.