Thread: Listen to this story about the job I got

Default Listen to this story about the job I got

This is kind of a long story,but please stick with me.

Ok,about a month ago my dad came home and told me that they were putting in a new assembley line at his plant (he is a plant supervisior),and that there were going to be roughly 20 positions open.So I put in a "bid" for a job.

I get an interview,(remind you ive only worked in a factory for about year).Everyone else they are interviewing are guys in their 30's and above who have at least 15 years experience.So I go in an interview with 2 people,1 guy 1 girl.The guy doesnt say anything he is just basically icing me the lady does all the interviewing.

But im giving this interview my all because I know im the least qualified,Well to say the least I leave the interview thinking that they werent very impressed.And I want this job really badly because the labor isnt half as bad as what im doing now,and the starting pay is 18 bucks an hour.Im only getting 10 an hour now.

Well a couple weeks pass,and I get a postcard from the company stating basically "thanks but no thanks".So im crushed,I was really needing this job.Well a few days after that I start getting urgent calls from manpower,so I finally call them back and they tell me that the company I interviewed for really liked me,and wouldve hired me but they have a company rule that you must have at least 1 year prev experience.

So I went into manpower yesterday got all my paper work filled out,went to the hospital and gave my hair test,so once the company gets back the results im working!!.

So I have to prove myself then they will hire me directly.But I figure I didnt do to bad...my dad told me that a 1,000 people interviewed and they only hired 20.

Whoohoo!!
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Listen to this story about the job I got

I wish I could find a job that doubled my salary.

And BTW, LG33 was wrong in your sig. The members of Poison were quoted as saying that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LG33 was wrong
    In other news, the sky is blue.

Congrats, Brian.

Thanks everyone..I started today,its a boring job.But very easy.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

My two cents: if the job is boring now, don't let it drown you. Resist the temptation to splurge on cars and stuff like that and save as much money as you possibly can. After only a couple of years, you'll have enough money to go to school or to start a business. Which means you can turn your boring job into one that is interesting.

EDIT: Oh, and Congratulations!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird