Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAN HALEN TOUR>>>> WITH DAVID LEE ROTH!!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: VAN HALEN TOUR>>>> WITH DAVID LEE ROTH!!

Great show, only 2 issues. The acoustics of Conseco still suck, at least up high where we were. And being up high just wasn't as nice as being lower or more straight on from the stage.

David was lost in the mix for us at times, but for the most part the band sounded really tight. I was surprised at how tight. Eddie was just nuts, and seemingly really inspired to be out there. Tons of energy from him.

Finally, after that ripping set my buddy and I are ready for some new studio material.

streets ahead

how was wolfie?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Wolfie did fine...he was uneventful, but he seemed to be having fun. His only line was "Dave, give me a break" on Unchained... which was funny. Dave is still doing those kicks, had some fun gags, and did a baton/staff spinning routine. Everybody looked and sounded great. I just love speed drum solos and that is exactly what Alex delivered.

Eddie is still Eddie. He really does rip some mean guitar solos. I for one would like to see him bury Eruption, Cathedral, and 316 and just go haywire the whole time. He does weave in a lot of good stuff in between those well known guitar themes, but I like to see him create new stuff live.

I agree about the acoustics of Conseco. I've been on the floor for Elton/Billy Joel and in the balcony for VH and the sound is horrible in both spots. When I was on the floor we got some really bad reverb off of the floor... just not a good joint to go see a show.

Dave and Eddie had lots of reconcilliation hugs, high fives, which got some of the loudest ovations from the crowd. I just can't say how nice it is to see the real Van Halen on stage again. I love Sammy, but Van Halen is David Lee Roth and that is it. The music was starting to go downhill on 1984... I'm not a huge synthesizer fan. However, I still feel like we were robbed of about 20 years of music with their feuding. Oh well... drugs and fame do that with regularity.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=260_1196134979

...Um...'sposed to be played in the same key I think....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden