Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

JO Q&A with Conrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JO Q&A with Conrad

I really, really dont think this belongs in the JO speculation thread but If it needs to be moved, no problem.

Q&A: WEDNESDAY, AUG. 8, 2007
    J.O.: "I Want to be Here"

Editor's Note: In the wake of reports implying he wants to be traded from the Pacers, Jermaine O'Neal sat down for this lengthy Q&A with Conrad Brunner of Pacers.com to clarify his intentions as well as express his thoughts on the moves made this summer and their potential impact on the 2007-08 team.

Q. Let's start with the big one: where do you want to be in 2007-08?

A. I want to be here. I want to be a Pacer. All along, my concern has been the well-being of the team. Obviously, we haven't had the type of years we would expect for quite a few reasons. We've had a lot of distractions. But I have a lot of respect for this city and I hear where they're coming from, as far as wanting a winner. My whole thing, and I had a long discussion with Donnie (Walsh) about it, and also Larry (Bird), is the future of the team. If we're thinking about going extremely young, it doesn't make any sense to keep me because if we go extremely young, as a fan and as an athlete you know it takes years to get back to that competitive level. Out of respect, I know my contract takes up a lot of cap space and, all along, that conversation was just in case we were rebuilding. Do I think we're rebuilding? No. We haven't made the blockbuster move a lot of people expected whether it was me being moved or bringing in somebody else. We made some subtle moves which I think are pretty good for the type of team we have.
    Obviously, when you lose, you want to really come back and prove as a team that we're better than we showed. This year is intriguing because we have guys like Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy who were thrown into a very tough situation. They came into a very hostile environment and they were taken out of a difficult situation in Golden State. So they never really got comfortable. Now they've had a half a year last year, they've had the summer and they'll have training camp and the preseason and the start of a fresh season to show what they can do. I'm excited about the guys we have. Do we have a championship contender as of right now? No, probably not. But we have just as much chance as Boston, as Miami, as Detroit because the game is won on the court and once you get a team that feels like it's together, that's a very dangerous thing.

Q. It seems obvious this team is being built with chemistry in mind, rather than just assembling as much talent as possible. How do you feel about the change of culture?

A. With the way the cap is and the technicalities of trading and signing guys, it's very difficult. I think Donnie and Larry have done as much as possible as far as trying to go get people. From what I'm seeing on the court, everybody's preparing themselves to do whatever they need to do for this team to be successful.

Q. Every summer you like to either add something to your game or improve a certain facet of it, but that's been difficult the past couple of years because of injuries. Where are you physically and how do you feel about your prospects for the coming season?

A. This is me talking just about my physical standpoint, but I feel really excited about my chances this year to get back to being dominant, to really being considered in that top five again. That's where I want to be. I've trained really hard this summer. It started off slow because obviously when you have surgery you have to go through that rough time but, man, I've hired a skills coach, Jerry Powell, who has an academy in New York and has worked with Al Harrington on his ballhandling and one-on-one skills, and he's tough. I really have trained this year to dominate. I really have. I'm swimming, and I've never swum in my professional career. I'm boxing, which is something I've tried but didn't sit well, but I've really taken it to hear to accomplish that particular skill. We're shooting a lot of jumpers. We're doing a lot of ballhandling stuff. You'll be surprised. I've always tinkered with shooting threes but if you were to go out and watch me shoot threes right now, you'd be like, 'wow.' We make up to 100 threes a day, and we shoot them every day. We shoot a lot of mid-range and we do a lot of stuff off the dribble. For the first time in my career, I'm taking vitamins. I'm on a strict diet with no fried foods. I'm here every single day. I'm making sure every small thing that gets sore is getting treated.
    I'm excited. I think the coaches are excited. I had a long conversation with Coach O'Brien and he's a change of speed for us. I like his demeanor, I like his attitude, I like his persona, I like everything about him. Obviously, he hasn't coached me yet but the consensus of the guys that have been here is that we like him. He demands that the team be a certain way and he won't accept less. Not to say anything bad about Rick (Carlisle) because I thought Rick was a pretty good coach but sometimes a change of speed is good for a team. Obviously, Rick was put in a difficult situation with so many off-the-court issues but it's almost like a new life around here, as players and coaches. I think everybody looks at this year as doing a new year and we're going to do our best to win as many games as possible.

Q. Not to disparage Rick in any way but often when a team changes a coach, can't that by itself have a significant impact on a team?

O'Brien

A. Fans live it through the media but we live it in our environment. When so much negative stuff happens, it wears on you. Sometimes you think, 'Is it better in another situation?' You're human. You have those thoughts. Is the grass greener elsewhere? But when Coach O'Brien was hired he sat me down and we had a great conversation for maybe an hour, hour-and-a-half and he let me know he really wanted me to be here, that he was a fan of what I can do as a player. That alone helps you rejuvenate your thought process. Any time you get a staff that has that much confidence in you, it means a lot to a player. To us, it's a new year.
    What we want is for the fans to forget about what happened last year. We had a bad year but there's nothing we can do about that. We'd like the support of our fans because we have a great fan base. We have a lot of new guys and we want to be able to go out and put on a show and win as many games as possible.

Q. Is that why it's particularly important to you that the events of the past few days not be misrepresented, misunderstood or misinterpreted?

A. I knew it was coming when I saw the media out there (Sunday in Los Angeles) because there's been a lot of conversation about me coming out there, but they said there's been a lot of speculation about you coming to L.A. or New Jersey and would you allow that trade to happen? I said if the Pacers were to go in another direction and move me to either one of those teams, I would accept a trade with L.A. or New Jersey, if that's what they wanted to do. What they did was dissect it and say, 'Jermaine wants out of Indy.' I don't want out of Indy. I've told them time and time again I want the best situation for the Pacers. I want to be here. I want to be able to retire here, and I want to retire here as a champion. Obviously, everything isn't going to be good all the time. It just doesn't happen like that. You're going to have some tough years, and we've had some. I was blessed to come into a great situation where Reggie had really schooled myself and other young guys in a system that had been pretty well established. When he left, it was in the midst of two of the worst years probably in Pacers history in terms of off-the-court situations. But things happen and you try to be better people about it but we don't have those things going on anymore. It's a new situation.
    Normally, when you hear players say something was taken out of context, it really wasn't. But in this case it really was and that's why I want to let people know my mind isn't anywhere else. When the summer first started, I may have gotten a little bothered by some comments about being shopped. I've always accepted that as a professional athlete; it's part of the business. But when you continuously hear it not only nationally but from your own backyard, that bothers you a little bit and you have to really sit back and say, 'This could be a reality.' I took it to Donnie, I took it Larry and I said, 'Let's talk about this. What direction are we going in?' And they said they didn't want to rebuild, they wanted to make the roster better and they made it clear if there was a deal out there that was going to make the team that much better and they had to use me, they would. I was OK with that because I want this organization to succeed, I want this city to be happy. This city, this organization, has given me the opportunity, the Simons, I can't say enough about those guys and Donnie came and got me from Portland, and this city gave me a chance. When I go anywhere in the world, people know me as an Indiana Pacer and that means a lot to me. I would never do anything in a negative way to cause embarrassment to this organization, or to throw dirt in this city's face.

Q. Looking at the roster moves that have been made, bringing in shooters like Kareem Rush and Travis Diener, it appears the intent has been to build around you, to find pieces that better complement you. How do you perceive those moves?

Rush

A. I see it that way. When you look at the makeup of our team, with Mike Dunleavy who can come off screens or get his own shot; with Marquis Daniels coming back healthy as one of the few guys that can play multiple positions at his size; with Danny Granger, who can put the ball on the floor or post up or shoot the three; and with Shawne Williams, who can do pretty much the same thing. And when you see the additions of Kareem Rush, who's a perimeter shooter, Diener, who's a shooter, (Stephen) Graham, who's solid on both ends of the floor and Andre (Owens) is a pretty good shooter and a defensive specialist, we patched areas we just didn't have the previous year. If the guys who were here last year come in and do the necessary things for us to win, we'll be fine. From what I'm seeing and what I'm hearing from guys I haven't seen, guys are really working hard.
    To me, there's going to be no more discussion about any trades. I've pretty much stayed quiet all summer about it. I don't want to be talking about it because if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I want to concentrate on the guys we have. As of today, I'm a Pacer. Come Oct. 2, if I'm still here, I'm happy to be here. If I'm not here, it's because the organization has found another situation that can better the team, which is the bigger picture. I don't want this to be about whether Jermaine's going to be here or not. Ultimately, this organization has had a history of really good history of good players and they're going to have a history of even more good players. It's not going to stop with me. I'm comfortable where I am, my family's comfortable and I'm excited about the opportunity we have.
    One thing that's been missing – and I think we had a great locker room before the trade because we had a lot of personality and guys were really funny – but the key thing when I look at that losing streak last year is that it never affected the locker room. Guys sat around and talked about what we needed to do and what we needed to stop doing but beyond that, guys stayed friendly with each other. It wasn't one guy over here, two guys over here, three guys over there. Sometimes, losing divides a locker room but we still did stuff together and that's a key sign. Maybe our time wasn't last year. This year, everybody feels like we're going to get the opportunity to do some things and when you bring in a new coach, everybody feels like they have a chance.

Q. You've said for the past few years, when the discussion has turned to running more, that there's a perception that style would not fit you well. But haven't you always welcomed the idea because it would allow you to better exploit your athleticism?

A. The biggest misconception about me running is that we have played in a very structured system over the last four years. When we take the ball out, the first thing we do is look over to the sideline for the play. You cannot run and there's no need to run if they're calling every play. And I was always designated to take the ball out. So when I get downcourt, everybody's already there. Those are two significant things. If we run more, the defense can't set up on me. If we walk the ball down and run set plays, it's easier to guard me, it's easier to beat up on me, to double- and triple-team me. I don't want to be in that position. I want to be in the position where we can get easy transition points. Our fast-break points were so low last year it was unbelievable. If we can get 18 to 20 points a game off transition, that'd be great. That'd be big for us.

Tinsley

And then you look at a situation like Jamaal Tinsley's. As a point guard, he hasn't been given the reins to call the plays and that's one thing that has disappointed him a lot. He's a point guard that can really push it up and get guys the ball. We all know he can really pass the ball. But it really affects his game when he has to walk it down. He's never, ever been given the reins to just come out and call the play. We've talked about it but it just hasn't been that way.
    I would definitely say to fans, there is a reason to be optimistic about this year. There's a big reason to be optimistic about this year. Everybody's into a new situation. We're out of a situation, and I'm not saying it was terrible, where it became predictable. All in all, I know people want to know whether I want to be here. Absolutely – especially after losing last year. That was the first time in my career I had to watch the entire postseason and you sit there and you think about that. It's like putting salt on a wound. You feel like you've failed and to a point you have failed. I have no problem taking the criticism. If you're the leader of the team and your team doesn't make it to the postseason, you deserve to take the criticism. No problem. But I'm going to go out and work harder.
    The only thing I've asked of my organization is to keep putting pieces together. We would still like to add another big guy. Jeff Foster will run through a wall for us. We've got to have him. David Harrison is still working hard, rehabbing. But we still need one other guy. If we can get a group of three or four of us, I have no problem playing the four spot, especially if we're getting up and down because that's going to force teams to go smaller. But when we get into situations where we have to play halfcourt sets and I'm playing more minutes at the five than the four, then I'd rather have another big guy in there that can absorb those blows. I took a lot of charges last year, I blocked a lot of shots, I led the team in rebounding and I had to score a lot. That takes a toll. But all in all I'm healthy, finally. Do I think I'm going to get hurt this year? No. I've never walked into the season with the goal of playing 82 games the last three years because I knew what I was dealing with and I knew it was going to be a process of me getting my body together. A couple of times I walked into camp and I was still rehabbing. But this year, it's totally different. I've stayed around here – quietly – every single day. I only leave on the weekends. I'm here, I'm focused and I'm ready. For the critics out there, I appreciate them. I hear what they say. I criticize myself, too. Even though the last six or seven years I've been one of the most consistent 20-nine (points-rebounds) guys in the league, maybe in the top five. To me, that's not good enough. I take it personally when I hear other people being talked about on that elite level and all of a sudden I'm being pushed out of it. That is a major issue to me. This year, I'll be back. So bear with us, support us. Even if you don't want to support me, support the team because the team needs it. Everybody wants support from their friends and family. When you've got that support, the sky's the limit. When you come out and root loudly for us, that's really going to push us to the next level.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/oneal_qna_070808.html

Ok thats it Im a all the way from now on... Man this really feels great it feels different.

Re: JO Q&A with Conrad

Well, your boy is staying. Your front office obviously does not want young players for JO. They want him to lead the young core they have already. Obviously, this could drag into the season. Most likely, the Pacers will not make the playoffs. When Diener and Rush is your offseason and your GM is bragging, you know there are problems. I think JO feels a certain sense of obligation to the fans there following the whole Detroit thing. If he wanted out, he could push harder. But he is backing off. Will he opt out? If the Pacers are a non-playoff team, this could mean a deadline deal. Obviously, that will depend on how your team looks and how Bynum and Crittenton look. Maybe the Lakers will completely balk at the deal if they are playing well and Bynum makes a nice leap. Maybe the Pacers feel even better that they did not make the deal because JO is mixing with the youth and they are right in the hunt. Maybe he gets traded after next year, which would probably knock the Lakers out because of the salaries involved. Or maybe he does leave some money on the table, opts out, and hopes to obtain some of that money down the road to go to a team that has a chance to win a ring. That possibility has to at least be on the minds of Bird and Walsh as it was with McHale and Taylor.

Comment

JO should be a politician.

Comment

i think JO was the mysterious 3pt shooter larry was talking about
        This is the darkest timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
          i think JO was the mysterious 3pt shooter larry was talking about
          Hahahahah, nice...
          Great interview by the way. JO said all the right things, even if he did get a little cheesy at the end...

Comment

Yes, nice interview. JO's a classy guy!

Comment

I enjoyed that.

Comment

That's my boy right there. . I know he will be here next year and run teams outta the gym!! That interview had me smiling, Can't wait for the season!!
                R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Comment

Same old Big-Talk JO. His biggest problem is that he's so full of himself. So now, after being pretty ordinary the past couple years, he declares that he is again one of the top 5 players in the league!!!!

Based on WHAT?? Cuz he said so???

I gotta say, that interview was a real load of BS.

Comment

I don't know about you...but IMHO, this media blitz with JONeal since the CNNsi/ESPN article seems more like damage control to help restore the PR image of JONeal and ( indirectly ) the Pacers FO to the Pacer fanbase.

It's good to hear and all...but I guess it's needed given the uproar over all this.

I guess we can thank ESPN and CNNsi for that.
                    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 31andonly View Post
                      Yes, nice interview. JO's a classy guy!
                      If by Classy, you mean he's good at bragging about himself, and making declarations that he rarely backs up, then yes, I supposed he's kind of classy.

Comment

Be careful....

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                        Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                        Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                        Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                        And life itself, rushing over me
                        Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                        Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

I can't be happy about anything until Reggie sticks his butt firmly back in a TNT seat.

Comment

Three things to add:

1. JO hasn't said anything in the interview concerning how he'd like to leave IF he were to be traded that he hasn't said before.

2. This may be damage control, but it's damned good damage control. He sold me that the media spun the mess out of the initial interview, and after listening to the audio version, his interview on AM 1260 and reading his interview w/Bruno, I'm convinced JO was and has been sincere about wanting to stay here, win a championship and if not and "the wheels do fall off" cement a deal (trade) that would be a win-win for himself and the Pacers. I see nothing wrong with that.

3. If Bird/DW were smart they'd back off any trade involving JO at this point; save any "deals" until the trade deadline at the very least. To trade him now would turn out to be a slap in the face on the heals of a players who basically just kissed butt big time w/o selling his soul. Way to go, JO!

EDIT - (Sidenote: I know one other poster pointed it out in another thread, but I wanted to highlight the same observation just in case it didn't get noticed. Has anyone noticed that ESPN.com still has the original "JO trade demand" article along with a "JO Backpedals" article, but they have yet to post JO's "clarification" article. NBA.com (through the Pacers' website) has, though. Interesting...

Can you say, "that's our story and we're sticking to it" then laugh your **tt off?! )
                            Last edited by NuffSaid; 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah . . .NUFF SAID
                              R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Comment

Working...
                              X