Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The greatest team ever assembled turns 15...

Default Re: The greatest team ever assembled turns 15...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LG33 is a worthy runner up. But haven't you seen Stanky's Gang? MR has already clinched again, I think.

MagicRat gets forum MVP nominations while completely avoiding making serious basketball posts. That's impressive.
    Yeah, seriously I have that as my Facebook profile pic (with everyone except Stanko and Jamaal cropped out). I have a lot of factors going against me, like my support for TD, KR and Stanko, my political views, and my failed attempts at serious basketball posts. I suppose I could add to this list the fact that I've admitted to having a facebook profile...

I mean, you have to applaud a man like MR, who can win the popular vote while simultaneously being Jamaal Tinsley's #1 defender. Plus, his photoshop skills overshadow my MS paint and tetherball skills any day.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

LG is the other one in the running, I almost mentioned him.

But Rat...I just don't know how he does it sometimes. I'm moderately comfortable with Paint Shop Pro but the speed he pulls off some of these, it's like he's a news network working up every possible obit just to have it ready in case someone dies.

Does Rat have gigs worth of every possible mock up photograph you can think of?

PD Party as Spice Girls!? - "got it"

Peck and JO as two-headed man from film "The Things with Two Heads" - "got it"

Wait, Peck as Greer, not Milland - "got it both ways"

JayRedd in top hat and cape with a Richie Retch card falling out of his pocket - "got it, and all possible card variations including ones for the movie"

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    JayRedd in top hat and cape with a Richie Retch card falling out of his pocket - "got it, and all possible card variations including ones for the movie"
    There's no cape, *******it!!!

And you guys should really stop encouraging people like me and LG if you actually want to discuss basketball on this forum. We're bad enough as is.

But it's common knowledge that MR is the Tiger Woods of this game. He may not play as many tournaments as he used to, but he wins em when he shows up.

Me? More like the Chi Chi Rodriguez I'd say (we both have Spanish names, you see).

And if we're sticking with golf, I guess LG would be Carl Spackler, which is nice. Either that or Michelle Wie (you're both "NOW", whereas I'm more "A DECADE AGO").
    Last edited by JayRedd; 08-08-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Of course I love the Dream Team, but I was expecting to see a thread about my Little League All Star team.

We still get no respect.
    I was going to say, my 8th grade football team won't hit 15 until October of 2009. We went an entire season without anyone scoring on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

What I see is just how far down US/NBA ball has fallen, how much good fundamentals have been lost and just how much slower it is as a game. I'd blame the Bad Boys, but they could play some serious offense. It had more to do with Pat Riley's Knicks/Heat and those Cavs teams post Price/BD era.
    I think it's a combination of things. The slow down banging style as you imply tends to lead to more one-on-one post up play than ball movement. The basketball IQ simply does not seem to be as good. That might be due to too many high school players entering the league too early and not getting the fundamentals. There also seems to be more selfishness among the younger players....maybe due to ever bigger contracts and endorsements considering it became common for players to reject offers to play. Perhaps that was due to injury or security concerns...but it certainly took the wind and prestige out...

Thumbs up Re: The greatest team ever assembled turns 15...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    That team would still mop the floor with international competition.

Charles Barkley
    Larry Bird
    Clyde Drexler
    Patrick Ewing
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Karl Malone
    Chris Mullin
    Scottie Pippen
    David Robinson
    John Stockton
    Christian Laettner?

They'd also mop the floor with whatever product USA puts out next time.

Co-sign.

-A member of the 1982 NCAA Champion North Carolina Tarheels
    -NBA Rookie of the Year (1985)
    -Five-time NBA Most Valuable Player (1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1995-96, 1997-98)
    -Ten-time All-NBA First Team selection (1986-87 to 1992-93, 1995-96 to 1997-98)
    -Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
    -A member of six Chicago Bulls NBA championship teams (1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98)
    -Six-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player
    -The 1987-88 NBA Defensive Player of the Year and record nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team selection (1987-88 to 1992-93, 1995-96 to 1997-98)
    -14-time All-Star and Three-time All-Star MVP (1988, '96, '98)
    -A member of two U.S. Men's Basketball Olympic Gold Medal teams (1984, 1992)