Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

  1. #1
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070803.html

    Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Aug. 3, 2007
    With Kevin Garnett off the market, more attention may shift to Jermaine O'Neal because he is perceived to be the most prominent name available. There's talk the Lakers, in the unending quest to make Kobe Bryant happy, will rekindle their pursuit. There's been some thought the Nets will reconsider what appears to be a decision to stick with the current roster.

    So far, that's all speculation. Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh has seen no increase in actual activity since the Garnett trade.

    "The Boston-Minnesota trade was being talked about before the draft, during the draft and obviously after the draft," he said. "There were a lot of teams that were interested in a player like Kevin Garnett. Most of those teams fell by the wayside early in the process and that's what made this Boston-Minnesota trade somewhat of a surprise.

    "There may be one or two teams that felt they had a chance to get Garnett that will continue to search for that kind of trade but there's really no way of knowing that. So it's really up in the air as to whether this is going to shake loose teams that are going to continue to search for major trades – but it's a possibility."

    Of course, O'Neal's availability likewise has been an assumption.

    "It's a similar situation to where it is every year," Walsh said. "You'll talk about every player on your team but whether you're going to do something or not depends on how good the trade is and whether it makes you a better team.

    "There are very, very few trades that involve players of the caliber of Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Jermaine O'Neal, LeBron James, etc. They're few and far between."


    CELTICS BETTER BUT EAST NOT THAT DIFFERENT
    Boston has thrust itself into the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference, without question.

    Beyond that, however, what really has changed? There's been so much discussion of a shifting balance of power in the East, I'm feeling a bit wobbly.

    With Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen joining Paul Pierce, the Celtics have a formidable trio that should certainly assure a reversal of fortunes in Boston. Of course, there is that small matter of the league requiring five players on the court at any given time, but that's Doc Rivers' problem.

    Some have decided to ordain the Knicks contenders because of the Zach Randolph deal and the deletion of Steve Francis from the overcrowded backcourt. Others believe the Knicks simply traded a problem at guard for the same problem in the post. Will Randolph and Eddy Curry fit together any better than Francis and Stephon Marbury?

    Orlando should be better with Rashard Lewis but that team always seems to make more headlines in summer than winter. Aside from the headline deals, the vast majority of moves have fallen into the category of tweaks, not overhauls.

    "After all these trades are done, it always comes back to the same place and that is: how do all these teams come together, and what effect did trades or whatever have on each team?" said Walsh. "We changed coaches. What effect will that have? Each team has something that they're hoping lifts them up from where they were last year and that's what makes this year, in my mind, really exciting.

    "You may now pick Boston to win the East, but it isn't like picking San Antonio to win the West. It's all up for grabs still, but they're in a better position than they were before the trades. And some of the Eastern teams have made what look like improvements on paper but you have to look at how it affects the way they'll play, the chemistry they have, all of it.

    "It's always been humorous to me how in August there's this rush of articles after trades that declare who's now going to win. The interesting thing is that nobody really keeps track of those articles to see what happened."


    CROSHERE JOINS EX-TEAMMATES WITH WARRIORS
    After one remarkably odd season in Dallas, Austin Croshere has found comfort in more familiar surroundings by signing with Golden State.

    The Warriors' executive vice president is Chris Mullin, Croshere's teammate his first three seasons with the Pacers. Golden State also has ex-Pacers Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson and Sarunas Jasikevicius. And Croshere was a senior at Crossroads High in Santa Monica, Calif., when Warriors point guard Baron Davis was a freshman.

    Croshere averaged just 11.9 minutes, 3.7 points and 3.0 rebounds in Dallas, shooting an uncharacteristic 28.6 percent from the 3-point line. He signed a reported one-year deal for the league minimum

    “We’re very happy to add Austin to our roster,” said Mullin. “He provides another veteran presence on our team and we feel that he is someone who will be able to come in and make a contribution.”


    PERSON LANDS ON HIS FEET WITH KINGS
    With Chuck Person's hiring as an assistant to Reggie Theus in Sacramento, all of last seasons assistant coaches have found employment.

    Dan Burke and Leonard Perry remained with the Pacers, while Johnny Davis (Memphis) and Chad Forcier (San Antonio) signed on with other teams.

    "Chuck, who has built a strong coaching career in the league thus far, comes highly recommended by people within the league who I respect tremendously," Theus said.

    Person also has a strong relationship with Kings forward Ron Artest, who has maintained his home in Indianapolis and frequently worked out with Person during the offseason.

  2. #2
    Opps I farted! Smashed_Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Potato Island - USA!
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Lol and who's gonna buy this bull?
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

  3. #3
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashed_Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol and who's gonna buy this bull?
    Where's the bull**** in the article?

    It's from the Pacers FO, so obviously it's slanted that way, but it's not like he said "I'm not shopping JO" or anything like that.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  4. #4
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashed_Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol and who's gonna buy this bull?
    The title of the Pacer's.com article can be a bit misleading, just as are a lot of thread titles on here. All he said was he hadn't seen any increase in activity. I see nothing to proclaim bull about that.

    Of course if you had read the article and comprehended what you read you would have known that. (grin)

    I don't like misleading titles but if you put a different title then someone else will think it's a different article and post the same article.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 08-03-2007 at 07:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Opps I farted! Smashed_Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Potato Island - USA!
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    I just don't buy it that the increased activity has been low even after the KG trade. JO is the only potential big-man superstar left on the market that can be a difference maker.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

  6. #6
    Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,583

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's the bull**** in the article?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...players of the caliber of Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Jermaine O'Neal, LeBron James, etc. They're few and far between."
    One of these things is not like the other...

  7. #7
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of these things is not like the other...
    What, he was just talking about HS'ers. Could have just as easily said Kwame Brown or Darius Miles.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashed_Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't buy it that the increased activity has been low
    Not sure I follow. You mean you don't believe there's been increased activity since the KG trade? Is that what you're saying?

    Regardless, why would you want there to be more activity w/ people pursuing JO? Wouldn't that mean the Lakers would have competition?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Walsh sure is talking alot. I like how he is trying to spin the east's improvements like they make no difference. Yeah right!

  10. #10
    Member kept's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    75

    Arrow Re:

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "There are very, very few trades that involve players of the caliber of Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Jermaine O'Neal, LeBron James, etc. They're few and far between."
    That is mighty high praise for Jermaine if Walsh thinks O'Neal is worth Garnett, Bryant and James.

  11. #11
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    I agree with Walsh. . .Somewhat a lot of teams get hyped up in the offseason cause of trades, then all of a sudden they don't make any noise in the regular season!!!m either way it's gonna be an interesting season

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    I don't know Donnie like you guys do, but I loved his putting JO, KG, Kobe, Lebron in the same sentence. I want the Lakers to get JO, but JO is closer to Lamar Odom at this stage than to any of those 3 guys. He is a borderline allstar, top 20 NBA player. Those guys are top 10. Reading between the lines, Walsh's key comment was saying that those teams interested in KG may now shift. That says to me he is interested in listening for sure. So, what teams may be interested? Nets, Lakers, Warriors, Mavs. I see those teams as the primary possibilities. I don't see a deal with NJ or GS. Sorry, but I can't see another GS-Pacers deal. Thorn is talking like a guy who likes his roster and Jefferson is sort of redundant for the Pacers. Dallas? They would offer a package centered around Terry and Diop. There is no way that intrigues the Pacers. The Pacers biggest needs, and correct me if I am wrong Pacers fans, are size and just overall talent in the backcourt. Walsh putting JO in the same sentence with KG may insinuate he expects a similar package to KG, while still realizing KG is better. JO is the Pacers best player as KG is the Wolves franchise player. I believe the Bynum and Crittenton deal, with Brown, Cook, 2 #1s, is a deal Walsh would accept. I read yesterday Walsh's quotes about Bynum. He obviously thinks very highly of the guy, and you know both Walsh and Bird know Abdul-Jabbar well, and Kareem loves Bynum. The interesting thing about this potential deal is that their are people in the Lakers and Pacers camps that want and do not want to do the deal. Pretty much everyone in the Lakers camp is against LO/Bynum, but they are about 70% in favor of Bynum and JC. Here, I'd say about 70% do not want the JC/Bynum deal, with many of you for LO/Bynum. As I said in another note, the KG deal is the key. Bynum and Jefferson, despite Jefferson putting up pretty good numbers last year on a miserable team, is close. Green and JC? Close. As I said in the other note: The Pacers may very well choose Bynum over Jefferson, and Crittenton over Green, and Cook, Brown, 2 #1s as filler. Maybe the Lakers will only offer 1 #1 because they feel this is over-market value for JO, but if this deal will not get killed over the draft picks. It will ultimately be decided on the 3 key players: Bynum, Crittenton, JO. I still hold firm that it is 50-50 if JO is dealt. If he is dealt, I would say there is an 85% chance it is to the Lakers.

  13. #13
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Yeah, top 20 guys are falling off trees, top 10s are extremely rare. That comparison by Donnie makes no sense at all.


    Sheesh, I actually don't mind people popping in to talk about the possible involvement of their team with the Pacers but this is getting annoying. YOU DON'T NEED TO CONVINCE US, none of us are going to pull this JO trigger for you.

    You get super-PO'd because Donnie doesn't lapdog for the Lakers, you rant and rave about what's fair or not, trash JO as if that makes him more tradeable and hype what LA has as if that also makes a deal more likely.

    Drop the ego already and try on someone else's shoes for a second. DW isn't working the LA deal trying to get more. DW is doing what the Pacers ALWAYS do, you know like every other year when you DON'T follow the Pacers offseason: he's preparing the fans for whatever decision the team has already made. There have been tons of articles dropping hints about no major deals, specifically to prime the pump and get fans in that mindset so the blowback won't be as bad. Sounds clearly like at this point both sides have no interest in what the other is offering and aren't in a hurry to change their minds. Barring a sudden change of heart get ready for no deal to come through.



    I can't freaking wait for this summer to be over and for JO to still be a Pacer. Enjoying getting knocked out of the playoffs by New Orleans. At least LA will be a title contender in 4 years when Bynum, Crittendon and Farmar mature.

    Indy will be stuck watching the crap that is Williams, Granger and Ike, guys who are clearly the cat's butt compared to the Lakers mega-star list of young talent.

  14. #14
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERERIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here, I'd say about 70% do not want the JC/Bynum deal, with many of you for LO/Bynum.

    Green and JC? Close.
    Boy, I'd love to have JC on the Pacers. There is no way Green is even close to him. No chance.

    I didn't know even Jesus Christ played, but I'm sure he can hoop it up like no other!


    Oh, you're talking about the #19 pick in the draft who hasn't done squat in the NBA yet? Sorry, the way you Laker fans go on about "JC", I figured "JC" must be Jesus Christ.

    Never mind.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Laker Eric knows very well that if LA doesn't get JO the wheels come off that franchise. That team will have mega bad chemistry and will be forced to dump Kobe. Even Hollywood Jack will offer to escort Kobe out of town. We Indy fans do not expect a greatly competitive team this year but LA people expect that every year. Eric, enjoy watching Boston go deep in the playoffs.

    Right now the Pacers do not have to make a trade. We already made the most significant move by replacing RC.

  16. #16
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We Indy fans do not expect a greatly competitive team this year but LA people expect that every year.
    Eh, speak for yourself.

    Pacer fans today expect a decent, competitive team every year, and our market seems to demand it. DW has alluded to this time and time again, which is why you'll never see us rebuild in a manner similar to Portland.

  17. #17
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy, I'd love to have JC on the Pacers. There is no way Green is even close to him. No chance.

    I didn't know even Jesus Christ played, but I'm sure he can hoop it up like no other!


    Oh, you're talking about the #19 pick in the draft who hasn't done squat in the NBA yet? Sorry, the way you Laker fans go on about "JC", I figured "JC" must be Jesus Christ.

    Never mind.
    Can't belive you hadn't heard about His return.

    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50097

    Forward Stacey Augmon, just one of many Hawks players who claims to have a personal relationship with Christ, said, "He's taught me so much, like how to love your enemies as yourself, to pray for those who hurt you, and when to pass up the three in favor of a higher percentage shot."

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, speak for yourself.

    Pacer fans today expect a decent, competitive team every year, and our market seems to demand it. DW has alluded to this time and time again, which is why you'll never see us rebuild in a manner similar to Portland.
    Yes you can watch portland go deep into the playoffs for the coming decade while the non-rebuiding pacers are on vacation. You may also never see an Oden or Durant type on the Pacers either.

  19. #19
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacer fans today expect a decent, competitive team every year, and our market seems to demand it. DW has alluded to this time and time again, which is why you'll never see us rebuild in a manner similar to Portland.
    Don't Indianapolis and Portland have pretty equivalent markets? And Portland doesn't even have any other pro sports franchises.

  20. #20
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't belive you hadn't heard about His return.

    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50097
    Well, no wonder I didn't hear about it... He was with the Hawks.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laker Eric knows very well that if LA doesn't get JO the wheels come off that franchise. That team will have mega bad chemistry and will be forced to dump Kobe. Even Hollywood Jack will offer to escort Kobe out of town. We Indy fans do not expect a greatly competitive team this year but LA people expect that every year. Eric, enjoy watching Boston go deep in the playoffs.

    Right now the Pacers do not have to make a trade. We already made the most significant move by replacing RC.
    They may fall off. Trading Kobe next offseason may well be possible. Unless the young talent combined with adding Fisher gets them to the second round. If that happens, and the arrow is pointed up, Kobe probably stays. Another round 1 exit will certainly open that possibility. That being said, where are the Pacers at? They are not a playoff team in my eyes. Could they be? Yes. I view them as about the 10 seed in the east. In my eyes, and I could be wrong, but I don't think you can do better than the Lakers offer. I mean that. You may keep him and the young players will mature and you guys will be ready to be a top east team in 3 years with JO at 32. If I were a Pacer fan, and I really mean this, I would except the deal. Trades are designed to benefit both teams, obviously this deal may help a top 6-7 team in the conference have a shot. You guys would be adding young talent that only dealing JO would be able to net you. I am not saying the deal is a no-brainer for the Pacers, but if you told me that Walsh turned down a Laker offer of Crittenton, Brown, Bynum, Cook, 2 #1s for JO, I would be surprised. Not shocked, but surprised. I think the hatred, and that is the appropriate word, for the Lakers and Kobe that some people have makes fans almost not want to make a deal just to spite them. I know you guys get annoyed at me and the other trolls, but it will all be over soon. We'll go away. But I get the NBA package and will definitely be watching the Pacers whether this deal goes down or not. I guess my hope was to convince you that this deal is a good deal for both teams, and I really think it is, but you guys have made good points on way it is dangerous for Indiana. I just think the upside talent up Bynum and Crittenton offsets any downside of losing JO, since you may not be a playoff team with him. The Lakers need to go for out now for obvious reasons, and the only immediate chance they have is to trade the talented prospects and picks for the proven 20-10-3 guy. Bynum may be that in 2011 but the Lakers can't wait. The Pacers may be able to. Crittenton will be able to make a solid impact, in my eyes, in his second year. If he stays a Laker, I envision him being able to play 1-2 to push Kobe to the 3. It is possible Kobe looks at the young talent the Lakers have, and it is not bad, and decides to stay put. That being said, the time to push the envelope is now, thus, I'd do the deal.
    Last edited by LAKERERIC; 08-04-2007 at 07:56 PM.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,725

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERERIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    me and the other trolls

    There is more truth in those five words than anywhere else in this thread.

  23. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERERIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the proven 20-10-3 guy. Bynum may be that in 2011
    But then he may not. And he may never be.

    And it's hard to imagine him being much more than that. It's hard to imagine Bynum's ceiling being much higher than 20-10-3, while Jermaine's already there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then he may not. And he may never be.

    And it's hard to imagine him being much more than that. It's hard to imagine Bynum's ceiling being much higher than 20-10-3, while Jermaine's already there.
    All totally valid points. In fact, Bynum's potential, in my opinion, tops out at 20-10-3. I see him as 15-10-3. Think of him being in the Mutombo, Smits, R.Parish, B. Daugherty class of centers. Can he be in the Mourning/Ewing class? Well, that would be his ultimate upside. You will have this for the next ten years. Crittenton is a very talented kid. He can handle, shoot, and defend. I see him as a more athletic version of Jack, another G. Tech guy who looks pretty solid. The two picks will come in handy. If you guys can see yourself in the Eastern Conference Finals in the next 3 years with the team you have, you should probably keep him. But if you feel deep down that the team is treading water, then this is the type of trade the Pacers should make. You may even get the better end of the deal ultimately, by the way.

  25. #25
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,151

    Default Re: Pacers.com} Walsh Doesn’t See Domino Effect from K.G. Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is more truth in those five words than anywhere else in this thread.
    Not all are really trolls...but more than a couple are.

    Those that are trolls make me miss the Sarunas Euro-fans.

    It will be nice when they clear out.

Similar Threads

  1. Walsh Says Harrington Deal Still On Table
    By Speed in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 07:36 PM
  2. Walsh expects deal in "in next week or so"
    By Pacersfan. in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 06:54 AM
  3. Walsh Confirms Jasikevicius Deal
    By tora tora in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •