Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Itching to go!!!

Default Re: Itching to go!!!

Maybe he shouldnt kick them so high and put more into distance? Just change the trajectory slightly
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

The ball doing that big drop from a longer field goal is pretty common in this really humid weather. He'll be ok in the dome and later when it is not so hot. They say it is almost as bad as a cold football, it just doesn't feel like you're kicking a rock. If TJ Rushing can keep running back the kickoffs like he did we will not have to worry about having to go 80 yards that much. Give Peyton and the boys half the field to go and it will be a long game for you.

How about Freddie Kieaho? That guy is pretty darn speedy and tackles nicely. I know it's a stretch, but he kind of reminded me of a young Junior Seau in his uniform. It's gonna be a better year for the defense, better tackling, harder hitting and good d-line play at all spots.

Not much to report as camp winds down.

Hell froze over as I did see Bob Kravitz actually at a morning practice this week, but I can't trust my eye sight as I thought I saw Mark Montieth here this morning to.

Dallas Clark and Aaron Moorehead were having a guess a person's name in the autograph tent while signing. Clark actually was correct on two out of the many so he thinks he has ESP. He and Moorehead were discussing the best pizza joints in their college towns and it seems while they are now pros they'll always be razed for where they went.

I've witnessed it before and for as much junk fans have said about him Rob Morris is unbelievably fan friendly. The lines for the autograph tent are pretty long and it's sad but many folks get turned away because the players can only sign for so long. They cut off the line as usual and Morris pointed to the people and said he'll sign out there. The guy spent another 20 or so minutes signing for the rest of the fans and gladly took pictures with them. Good know their are many role models with this team.

Now.....for the seedy part.

Hopefully this doesn't conjure up visions of Donaghy or Vick but there was mucho betting going on all day Wednesday between the D-line and the O-line. One of the staff claimed he could run the length of the field 5 times in a certain amount of time. The O-Line bet he could while the D-line bet he couldn't. The entire team came out about an hour after practice was over to do the challenge. Bob Lamey with a megaphone was the official starter.

Oh, I almost forgot the ending. Poor guy was exhausted at the end and did not beat the time by .300ths of a second. D-line got to celebrate not only for bragging rights but for a fatter wallet also.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you know the time? That's about 450m, so I'm curious to see a pro's time to something close to a 400m sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know the time? That's about 450m, so I'm curious to see a pro's time to something close to a 400m sprint.
    86, this wasn't a player but one of the staff. I think it started with the old 'what's the big deal I could do that' comment.

Don't know the exact time as one of the player's actually had the watch. What's funny is the guy kept cheating by starting to run on Ready, Set, go.

On a side note.....it was really hard not to pester MMontieth to find out why he was doing a Colts camp? Maybe we'll see something tied with the Pacers later.
    Last edited by RWB; 08-16-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Duh!