Thread: Desmon Mason to sign with Bucks

Default Desmon Mason to sign with Bucks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Bucks sign G-F Desmond Mason to multi-year contract

July 23, 2007
    MILWAUKEE (TICKER) -- The Milwaukee Bucks added some athleticism to their team Monday, signing swingman Desmond Mason to a multi-year contract extension.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 2001 Slam Dunk Champion, Mason played with the Bucks for two-plus seasons (2003-05). He averaged a career-high 17.2 points in his final campaign with the club, then was traded to the New Orleans Hornets.

"We're happy to welcome Desmond back to Milwaukee," Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. "He was a fan favorite during his first stay and we know our fans are going to love having him back on our team. Adding him to our roster boosts our athleticism, defense and veteran leadership."

Mason, 29, originally was acquired by the Bucks at the trade deadline in February 2003 along with Gary Payton in a deal for sharpshooter Ray Allen.

"We're bringing back a terrific athlete who will immediately improve our defense and overall intensity," Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak said. "But more than that, he wants to be in Milwaukee and wants to play for the Bucks."

Last season, the 6-5 Mason averaged 13.7 points in 75 games with the Hornets. A 2000 first-round pick of Seattle, Mason has career averages of 12.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in 540 games.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Desmon Mason to sign with Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Bucks sign G-F Desmond Mason to multi-year contract

July 23, 2007
    MILWAUKEE (TICKER) -- The Milwaukee Bucks added some athleticism to their team Monday, signing swingman Desmond Mason to a multi-year contract extension.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 2001 Slam Dunk Champion, Mason played with the Bucks for two-plus seasons (2003-05). He averaged a career-high 17.2 points in his final campaign with the club, then was traded to the New Orleans Hornets.

"We're happy to welcome Desmond back to Milwaukee," Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. "He was a fan favorite during his first stay and we know our fans are going to love having him back on our team. Adding him to our roster boosts our athleticism, defense and veteran leadership."

Mason, 29, originally was acquired by the Bucks at the trade deadline in February 2003 along with Gary Payton in a deal for sharpshooter Ray Allen.

"We're bringing back a terrific athlete who will immediately improve our defense and overall intensity," Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak said. "But more than that, he wants to be in Milwaukee and wants to play for the Bucks."

Last season, the 6-5 Mason averaged 13.7 points in 75 games with the Hornets. A 2000 first-round pick of Seattle, Mason has career averages of 12.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in 540 games.
    Good move by the Bucks. When you are a market like Milwaukee or Indiana, you have to find players that like playing in your city and try to keep them. That is why trading JO would be a mistake. You even overpay to do so. The other option is to end up with a situation like the Bucks had with the Glove. This is why I don't want Lamar Odom.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    Good move by the Bucks. When you are a market like Milwaukee or Indiana, you have to find players that like playing in your city and try to keep them. That is why trading JO would be a mistake. You even overpay to do so. The other option is to end up with a situation like the Bucks had with the Glove. This is why I don't want Lamar Odom.
    Odom never said "I'd rather be Dino Radja's fluffer than play for the Pacers" or similar... he said that he didn't want to go anywhere without a contract extension. I'm sure had rumors about the NJ deal been hot and heavy for as long as Pacers rumors have been floating that he would have said the same thing.

that being said, its a good move for the bucks, they needed the void to fill ruben's spot (not sure what is happening with him this season)
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Odom never said "I'd rather be Dino Radja's fluffer than play for the Pacers"
    If there is a forum award for "Completely random, disturbing, yet highly enjoyable metaphor" we have ouselves a winner.

Did Radja switch careers after he left the States and I never heard about it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    If there is a forum award for "Completely random, disturbing, yet highly enjoyable metaphor" we have ouselves a winner.

Did Radja switch careers after he left the States and I never heard about it?
    i second that........

random dino radja references should automatically qualify you for the PD hall of fame

Is this real/official/final?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Yeah. I'm pretty sure.

Banned

Good signing for the Bucks. Desmond could possibly be our 3rd best player had we signed him.

Now If Bucks can get Yi to play for them, they will be VERY SOLID

The Coach of Yi on his Chinese basketball team told reporters that Yi will not stay in China next season. Heres a article about it to. Dunno if anyone has read it or not:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...nt_5442776.htm

"I believe he (Yi) will be in a Bucks uniform," Harris said in comments made during a news conference to introduce new Bucks small forward Desmond Mason, who was signed to a two-year contract. "We haven't found one player yet that has not enjoyed Milwaukee once they got here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Desmond Mason's game a lot.. he doesn't shoot a particularly high percentage, or have any three-point range to speak of, but the guy is relentless in attacking the basket and I think that makes him the ideal sixth man for just about any team.