Thread: Catchings out 2 weeks

Default Catchings out 2 weeks

Yikes
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: Catchings out 2 weeks

It's always something! Poor Fever. Good thing they a pretty good hold on things. Hopefully they can hang on.. all they need is to make the playoffs, then anything can happen!

woman without a team

There are not enough cuss words in the world for me to adequately express how not happy I am.

Well..there goes the MVP Trophy...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeez, it's always something, isn't it?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ooooh no. Damn it. Catch will probably still finish in the top three (for the 5th time in 6 seasons!), but this does pretty much kill the MVP talk.

How much impact did this have on the Shock game? The press is saying it happened in the third quarter and she didn't return. Did the team totally collapse after that?

And why is Detroit so very, very evil when it comes to the Indiana basketball? It's like they bring an invisible black hole with them when they come onto the court - it just swallows players (particularly star players) whole. That's the kind of gender equality I could do without.

I was certain the Fever were going to be the 2007 WNBA champions. I hate injuries. Especially in the WNBA when the season is sooo short.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

I think were okay. If we can hold up atleast the top three seeds in the division then even without Cathings in the first round we can still advance ( Assuming she's out that long).

Mood

Yeah...you're probably right. I overreacted a bit when I threw the championship hopes out the window.

Still, what a bummer. It'd be nice to have some momentum going into the playoffs.

And it's Tamika's birthday today too - geez.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Mood

I wonder how long it would take for Conseco to have a Championship banner hanging on it's rafters... I say 15 years.

woman without a team

I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that her foot will never be the same again. Probably just me being a pessimist or it could have something to do with the fact that Andres Nocioni is still trying to recover from plantar faciitis.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that her foot will never be the same again. Probably just me being a pessimist or it could have something to do with the fact that Andres Nocioni is still trying to recover from plantar faciitis.
    Sadly it could be a serious injury. What a freak thing to happen. I really believed the stars were aligned this year but last night's Chicago game indicates it's gonna be a tough road now.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Timing sucks. I don't know what to say.

Hello fans of the WNBA. Although I am a Sacramento Monarchs fan, Catch is my favorite basketball player outside of the M's players.

This injury makes me ill. I really want here to get MVP this time. There is no better all-around female player in the game today.

Detroit (read Laimbeer) makes me sick. I swear they are all about taking other players out of the game....especially the stars.
    Sacramento Kings fan supporting the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Sadly it could be a serious injury. What a freak thing to happen. I really believed the stars were aligned this year but last night's Chicago game indicates it's gonna be a tough road now.
    Can you tell me exactly what happened?
    Sacramento Kings fan supporting the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by 6th View Post
    Can you tell me exactly what happened?
    I don't think anyone is sure yet. I've heard she made a cut and something didn't feel right in her foot. She tried to play through it but couldn't as the pain increased - rather quickly.

When she got hurt I thought she was grabbing her knee and I'm like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Beginning to look like we don't have the guns to do it without Catch. Close but no cigars and now to the West Coast.

Conseco Fieldhouse is cursed. I'm convinced of it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

UGH. They've now lost as many games in their last 4 as they did in their first 20.

Mood

Yeah, we're in total free fall now.

http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/07080...an_injury.html

Trainer Addresses Catchings’ Injury

August 3, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamika Catchings' recent foot injury has been the talk of WNBA fans and media for over a week, and little has been said to determine a time for her return. Simply put, that answer is not known. Whether it is a week, or two, or three, Fever fans hope she returns before the WNBA Playoffs begin.
    Catchings sustained the injury on the final play of the third period, during Indiana's loss to Detroit on Friday, July 20. On a rebound, she felt a "pop" when she pivoted after a rebound. There was no contact with another player. In Tamika's words, "I just planted wrong. At first, I thought my orthotics slipped. But I felt it 'pop.' I knew it wasn't going to be that simple." The next day, the Fever issued a formal announcement that the five-time All-Star would miss 2-to-3 weeks due to a partial tear of the plantar fascia in her left foot.

With the pressing question at the forefront of everyone's minds, Fever athletic trainer Holly Heitzman took a few minutes with FeverBasketball.com to provide a further explanation about the injury - what it is; how it happened; how Catchings is progressing, and when she might return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FeverBasketball.com: How did Catchings incur the plantar fascia tear (foot injury)?
    Holly Heitzman: "Tamika had some other chronic injuries in her foot that may have pre disposed her to this type of injury."
    FB: What does it mean to have a torn plantar fascia?
    HH: "The plantar fascia (or plantar aponeurosis) is the thick connective tissue which supports the arch of the foot. It originates at the calcaneus (heal) and expands towards the metatarsal heads (toes). It is considered a white flat tendinous expansion on the bottom of the foot."
    FB: What is the difference between what Tamika has and plantar fasciitis?
    HH: "Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the fascia and Tamika has a tear of the medial portion of her fascia in the arch of her foot. Plantar fasciitis is usually a chronic condition at the origin of the fascia near the heal."
    How is Catchings rehabbing her foot?
    HH: "Multiple methods of rehab are being utilized. Its important to reduce the inflammation and to support her arch during this process. A good biomechanical position will reduce any restrictions that may impede range of motion and promote proper healing of the fascia. Focus on a good healing environment with nutrients coming from good circulation will reduce the healing debris and improve the area for regeneration. It takes time for the cells to regenerate and heal."
    Will Catchings be ready for the playoffs?
    HH: "We are very hopeful that she will have a full recovery by the time playoffs are here."
    Thought I'd post this update if no one else has seen it.

woman without a team

I heard them say on the radio that she's a week away from being day to day.

Mood

That does suck, but the girls are doing well. We finally have an inside game to go with our outside punch. When TC gets back in a few weeks she'll be ready to roll and everything will be fine. We may not get the #1 seed, but we'll be the team no one wants to play in the playoffs. I am glad to see these girls finally getting some support and attention.

(Sorry about all of the animations but my 3 year old had to see them all)

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

That's a hugeeeeeeeee loss.
    Let's just hope she comes back for the playoffs.

Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.