Thread: Idea with the Rockets

Hybrid View

Default Idea with the Rockets

I think that with us being frontcourt heavy and them being guard heavy we are a perfect trading partner.

Here is the idea, maybe to big of a trade to happen right now.

Pacers Get: Luther Head, Kirk Snyder, Bob Sura (wavie), Rafer Alston
    Rockets Get: Jeff Foster, Mike Dunleavy

We could replace Snyder with John Lucas and Steve Novak and it would work. Then wavie them probably assuming the Rockets would want to keep Snyder.

We add 3 guards. Rafer can be our primary backup and Head would give us another shooter who can play the two. Snyder can play the 2 or 3 and is sort of a poor mans Marquis Daniels. I don't think that Dunleavy is OBs type of player, although a part of me feels he could really benefit from him he isn't a confidence shooter which will be a big turn off for OB IMO. So we balance our roster out.

Roster would be:

Tinsley/Alston/Diener/Armstrong
    Daniels/Rush/Head/
    Granger/Williams/Snyder
    O'Neal/Diogu
    Murphy/Harrison

Maybe sign another big for depth. Someone like Brian Skinner, Malik Allen, Scot Pollard, Josh Powell, or Alexander Johnson.

The Rockets need a proven big badly and need to get rid of some of their guards. They get that in Jeff. And I think that Dunleavy would be a great fit in Rick Adelman's Princeton offense.

Roster would be:

Francis/James/Brooks/Lucas
    McGrady/Wells
    Dunleavy/Reed/Novak
    Battier/Scola
    Yao/Foster/Butler

Pretty decent. Adding two good starting quality frontcourt players would be a great addition to their team. Especially giving up backups, although Head is a good young talent with TMac, Francis, James, and Wells he won't play a whole lot IMO. I think it is a good deal for both teams.

streets ahead

Default Re: Idea with the Rockets

i don't think they would want dunleavy and i have no intrest in rafer. so lets uncomplicate it.

foster for head, novak and sura

head ... combo guard, more of an undersized SG. plays decent defense and can shoot the 3
    novak ... basically all he can do is shoot. he's a cheap SF and i believe played with diener at marquette.
    sura ... waive / buyout

our lineup looks like

tinsley / head / diener
    dunleavy / daniels / rush
    granger / williams / graham / novak
    o'neal / diogu
    murphy / harrison

we could pick up another cheap big (powell or johnson) or maybe trade armie and/or owens for one but i think given o'brien's system we'll be seeing a lot of granger, williams and dunleavy at the four since we'd be loaded with shooters at the 1, 2 and 3 (head, rush, diener, dunleavy [kinda], granger, williams and novak).
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 07-20-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

There is no way in hell the Rockets would accept Jeff Foster straight up for Luther Head, Steve Novak, and Bob Sura. Luther Head is gonna be good, like probably really good and the other two are crappy. But still, salary wise this wouldn't work ethier. We'd have to add someone like Armstrong for them to even, i mean even think for one sec about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way in hell the Rockets would accept Jeff Foster straight up for Luther Head, Steve Novak, and Bob Sura. Luther Head is gonna be good, like probably really good and the other two are crappy. But still, salary wise this wouldn't work ethier. We'd have to add someone like Armstrong for them to even, i mean even think for one sec about it.
    I posted my idea on the Rockets board on realgm. They replyed and they don't want Dunleavy. However someone suggested Foster for Luther Head, Sura, and John Lucas. I don't really know why they would want to deal Head for Foster but man if their GM would I sure hope we would do it. I love Jeff but I just don't see OB using him a whole lot and Luther Head is a shooter.

some thoughts by Houston fans at Clutch city:

We should take TMac's word for it. On the channel 2 interview yesterday, he said we still need a rebounding, defensive 4..someone who doesn't have to score because we've got plenty of that now. Take it from our team captain what our needs are at this point and all evidence points to Jeff Foster, PF/C of the Pacers. Dude is very active..remember how Adelman loves that about bigs, ie Scola? He also is a tenacious rebounder as others have mentioned earlier and he can guard the 4s of the West FAR better than anyone we have currently. Please Morey do it!

Would love to have Foster. I've been lobbying for him for a few years now. He's one of those tough big guys that can rebound, defend and play his role to a T.

______

Troy Murphy? Oh Hell No! Three Words Slow Slow Slow. Big and Slow that's Troy Murphy...Foster is wayyyy better for us than Troy. Even though Foster can't score..the other posters make a good point. We don't need scoring. We need rebounding.

If we can get Head in any, way. shape or form...count me in...no, no, no...joking's fun...

Seriously, though, I want more than Luther Head, Sura's contract, and John Lucas for Foster.

I don't know how much more we could get for Foster. While he's got value, and that value increases in the West if you ship a tape of him shutting down Tim Duncan along with your trade proposal, he's in the "danger zone" for hustle players, and his back has been bothering him. One of these seasons, he's gonna show up without his athleticism, and that'll be it for him.

Love Jeff, but the sooner you can get some value for him, the better, especially given how he doesn't fit into the new system and will likely look bad because of it. We could really use a guy like Luther Head, and while I'm not thrilled by just getting Head for Foster (damn, almost made it all the way through), it's certainly a solid offer, and one I'd take if nothing better came along.