Thread: Tinsley and Murphy to Boston

Default Tinsley and Murphy to Boston

For Ratliff, Telfair, and a Gerald Green.

Assuming we trade JO to LA, we'll be in bad shape, contract-wise. Our two highest-paid players (Murph and Dun) won't be starters. This would clear two bad contracts, and we'd cut Ratliff and Telfair before they got here.

Boston gets two starters at need positions for one backup swingman. The contracts wouldn't actually hurt them, because they're in pretty good shape financially.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Tinsley and Murphy to Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Ratliff, Telfair, and a Gerald Green.

Assuming we trade JO to LA, we'll be in bad shape, contract-wise. Our two highest-paid players (Murph and Dun) won't be starters. This would clear two bad contracts, and we'd cut Ratliff and Telfair before they got here.

Boston gets two starters at need positions for one backup swingman. The contracts wouldn't actually hurt them, because they're in pretty good shape financially.

Thoughts?
    I'm kinda startin to sour on Green. He's looking like he's going to be one of those "just wait until next season guys." I like Telfair's quickness, but it's starting to look like he might have problems staying away from trouble. Out point guard situation would be a mess. Would you be banking on Mccleod; possibly Andre Owens? Wouldn't be very optomistic about that. I actually like Tinsley. I think a good indicator of his future here will be how he handles playing in a more uptempo, free flowing offense.

I don't like Telfair at all. I agree that we'd need to go after another PG or two if we did this. J.Jack would be my #1 option.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

it would take a minor miracle to get boston to assume both murphy and tinsley's contracts. they're looking at an al jefferson extension next season, with the max contracts of pierce and allen already on the books.

gerald green's stock has really fallen. his summer league showing is horrific - i guess i've soured on him too. but that's not to say i won't do this deal. i still would, then try to pawn green and telfair off to whoever would give us a serviceable point in return.
    Last edited by wintermute; 07-15-2007 at 12:09 AM.

You guys do understand that the Celtics released Telfair aorund 5 months ago? I thought it was old news. He was in someone trouble or something, on epsn it said Celtics saver ties with Sabastian Telfair. Loooong time ago.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

the celtics owner *said* that they would release him, but they didn't actually. apparently it was just tough talk to appease the fans.

i suppose ainge realized that he should try to get some value for telfair, considering the pick he traded away to get telfair would have netted brandon roy or randy foye...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like Telfair at all. I agree that we'd need to go after another PG or two if we did this. J.Jack would be my #1 option.
    What if it were at the cost of Granger?? I would do a Jack and Webster for Granger, if we decide that JO is going to be sticking around for awhile