Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indictment Brought Against Vick

Default Re: Indictment Brought Against Vick

Quote Originally Posted by MarionDeputy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats really unfortunate is that our community idolizes these guys so much that if he does go to jail, people will welcome him right back. I wish all the major sports had policies that included that felony convictions would constitute a life time band, thats the only way proffessional sports will ever clean up it's act.
    Really? Maybe the ATL fans with Artestitis would, but overall I'd say Vick's reputation has taken a hit he's not ever going to get over. I mean, people were already doubting whether he was very good as a quarterback before all this started happening.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Banned

They keep saying that Vick is one of the faces of the NFL, what are they talking about. I don't know anybody(I asked) who thinks of Vick when they think of the NFL, I got Peyton, TO(shudders), Brady, Brett Favre, a couple of McNabbs oddly, and a few other big name players.

Do they just mean to the casual fans who are impressed by a running QB? From my experience experienced fans don't really care about running QBs

For someone to do the things Vick has done to a defenceless creature simply proves one thing about him - he's evil.

I don't care what his upbringing was, what's happened to him in his past, for someone to do these things proves that they are simply evil. To have a mind-set like that to me is unfathomable.

I hope he suffers terribly for the remainder of his sorry life. Might sound harsh, but nothing makes me more furious than animal cruelty.
    Last edited by pacerDU; 07-19-2007 at 02:02 PM.

I hate how the media has to turn this into a race thing, it's such a stretch of the truth and reality. There is no way all black people think there is some vendetta against Vick like they are trying to pass off. I am a FIRM believer in the due process and no one should call for his head until all of the facts are in and analyzed. If this is true (which it was in a house he owns and numerous people say he was there as the main "high-roller") it's pretty sick, usually I defend anything dealing with gambling, but I can't find a logical defense for having pitbulls fight for an average of 40 plus minutes until one surrenders.

"The white man just wants to bring a brother down.

He did what?

Oh.

*leaves*"

Wow.

If he did these things the dude will be banned forever. Roger Goodell will not let that dude in an NFL arena if he goes to prison for this and then gets out.

I think that Goodell has gotten some heat for taking an innocent until proven guilty stance but he has to. Sure he threw the hammer down on Tank, Pacman, and Chris Henry but those are guys who seem to always be in trouble and he has to get rid of those jackasses.

But man, the things that have been reported that these dogs have been put through is just sick and I really hope that someway and somehow it's not true. I really do.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vick was already a trash NFL QB, if true about the dogs, he's trash as a person also.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Vick was already a trash NFL QB, if true about the dogs, he's trash as a person also.
    Ron Mexico is appalled that you would think he would knowingly spread a STD, or that he would hurt anyother living being in any other way.

As a resident of Atlanta, I can tell you that almost every Falcons fan I know hates Vick..and they hated him long before the dog charges even came up.

To those saying that the Falcons should not have given up Shaub, you are crazy. To obtain two second round picks in addition to moving up two spots in the first round for your back-up quarterback...the Falcons still got the best of the deal, even if they are stuck with Bloey Harrington for a season.

If Schaub ends up being a quality QB then yes it is a terrible deal for Atlanta. With the parity in the NFL, the QB position is the difference between being a playoff team and sucking badly as the Falcons will no doubt be doing for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere View Post
    If Schaub ends up being a quality QB then yes it is a terrible deal for Atlanta. With the parity in the NFL, the QB position is the difference between being a playoff team and sucking badly as the Falcons will no doubt be doing for the forseeable future.
    I disagree.

2 2nd rounders as well as moving up 2 spots on your #1 pick for an unproven backup QB sounds like an outstanding deal to me. Even if Shaub does pan out, the Falcons got excellent value for him...especially when you consider Edge couldn't even fetch a 3rd round pick 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersin2033 View Post
    They keep saying that Vick is one of the faces of the NFL, what are they talking about. I don't know anybody(I asked) who thinks of Vick when they think of the NFL, I got Peyton, TO(shudders), Brady, Brett Favre, a couple of McNabbs oddly, and a few other big name players.

Do they just mean to the casual fans who are impressed by a running QB? From my experience experienced fans don't really care about running QBs

Maybe it relates to this:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-jerseys_x.htm

Top-selling NFL jerseys for 2005

1. Randy Moss, WR, Raiders
    2. Michael Vick, QB, Falcons
    3. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
    4. Donovan McNabb, QB, Eagles
    5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
    6. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Chargers
    7. Byron Leftwich, QB, Jaguars
    8. Carnell Williams, RB, Bucs
    9. Jeremy Shockey, TE, Giants
    10. Tiki Barber, RB, Giants

Granted in two years things have changed some (I can't find the same stats for 2006), but Vick has had a following

Vick is quite overrated, and I really don't care if he plays any more.If he does, then fine. If he doesn't, fine.

I guess you could say "I don't have a dog in this fight"

LONG BEACH, CA - The Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America including Barrow, Alaska announced today that they will not hold a bonfire of Michael Vick jerseys during the Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 2:05p.m. due to logistic issues at Blair Field. Fans are still invited to turn in their Michael Vick t-shirts and jerseys for free tickets to the game and may then use those jerseys as pooper scoopers or wee-wee pads. On the heels of Michael Vick's indictment, baseball fans and their four-legged friends are invited to bring their pooch and sit in a special section at Blair Field.

Any fan who trades in a Michael Vick t-shirt or jersey at the box office will receive free admission to the game and a donation in their name will be made to Justin Rudd's Community Action Team ( C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides educational outreach and events to help inspire a better understanding of dogs, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities.

Operation Santa Paws will be on hand to collect donations for abused and abandoned animals currently in shelters and rescues. Fans who bring in pet toys, treats, and/or cleaning supplies will receive a free ticket to a future Armada game courtesy of Operation Santa Paws and the Long Beach Armada. For more information on donations, log on to www.santapaws.info or www.hautedogs.org.

Special events to celebrate "man's (woman's) best friend" are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game, including a ceremonial doggie first pitch, doggie beauty contest, wiener dog races, doggie washes, and more. The Armada will have a special entrance for doggies and their owners. In addition to being on a leash, dogs must have their vaccinations current and dog owners must sign a waiver of liability prior to entering Blair Field. In the interest of safety for both fans and dogs, any dog that becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Dogs will be allowed to visit a designated comfort area throughout the game.

"Armada players, coaches, and staff spend every day working in the professional sports world and many of us are also devoted dog owners. We feel as sports professionals it is necessary to bring awareness to animal abuse, particularly the intolerable injustices associated with dog fighting," commented Armada President and General Manager Steven Bash. "We hope the entire community of Long Beach comes out to help support the Armada, our partners, and this important event."

Season ticket holders and fans who purchase tickets through the Armada corporate office or participating sponsors will be able to receive a free DOGGIE admission ticket for their canine companion. Free voucher coupons or other complimentary tickets are not eligible for DOGGIE tickets.

Other theme nights at Blair Field this season include "Harry Potter Day" on August 2nd, Asian Heritage Night on August 11th, and "Rock Paper Scissors Night" on August 15th. For tickets and other event information, contact the Armada ticket office at (562) 434-7161 or visit www.longbeacharmada.com. For more information on DOGGIE ticket eligibility, sponsorship of this event, or other participation in this event, please contact sbash@goldenbaseball.com.

Discuss this story on the Golden Baseball League message board...

ww.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3514954 http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3514954 i say innocent until proven guilty, but that's pretty darn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I disagree.

2 2nd rounders as well as moving up 2 spots on your #1 pick for an unproven backup QB sounds like an outstanding deal to me. Even if Shaub does pan out, the Falcons got excellent value for him...especially when you consider Edge couldn't even fetch a 3rd round pick 2 years ago.
    Matt Schaub has a passer rating of 100.9 after 3 games. I bet Atlanta spends the next 10 years looking for a quality starting QB.