Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I need ways of dealing with such a tough loss

Default HELP! I need ways of dealing with such a tough loss

I'm not talking about the players. I am having a "tough time" dealing with last nights game #2 loss.

I probably slept 3 hours top last night partially because I have a cold, but mainly because of the tough loss last night.

How do you get over it. I can think of a few ways.

1) Drink heavily. But I don't drink

2) Get away from it, forget about it. Turn off the radio, shut off the internet. Take up a hobby. No chance I could do that even if I tried

3) get your frustrations out by coming on to a forum such as this and ripping everyone and everything.

4) try to figure out what went wrong.

Number 4 is the only way I can try and get over it. But I am open to suggestions

Default Re: HELP! I need ways of dealing with such a tough loss

I have a tree stump in my backyard for this specific purpose. With a chainsaw & tractor I could have it out in a couple of hours.

Instead I'm slowly hacking away at it with an axe.

BTW - watching the game tape tonight is NOT a recommended method.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just try to relax and get away from it. I'm still disappointed but it's far from the end of the world. Focus on what's really important. After all, this is just a game (albeit, a game I spend a lot of time and energy on ).

pistonsinsix

You could sit and think about what it if you were a Heat or Nets fan... I'd rather be still playing than at home for good for the year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

AFter a tough loss, I always either go to work, or take my aggression on the local streetball courts. Though unlike anywhwere else on the planet, people actually take pride in playing DEFENSE there, so its not for the meek. Everyone wants to be Ben Wallace.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Work out. Go for a run. Feel better.

pb777

I'm not talking about the players. I am having a "tough time" dealing with last nights game #2 loss.

I probably slept 3 hours top last night partially because I have a cold, but mainly because of the tough loss last night.

1) Drink heavily. But I don't drink

2) Get away from it, forget about it. Turn off the radio, shut off the internet. Take up a hobby. No chance I could do that even if I tried

3) get your frustrations out by coming on to a forum such as this and ripping everyone and everything.

Number 4 is the only way I can try and get over it. But I am open to suggestions
    LOL - I couldnt sleep either. I ended up watching the re-broadcast of the game on ESPN until 4am, played Live 2k4 on Xbox til 6, and slept til 9.
    My solution is a combo of your suggestions 2, 3 and 4. My hobby is my 240gallon saltwater reef aquarium that I will work on tonight. As you can see I am on this forum getting my mind right. And figuring out the game - well, shoot better than 27.5% is a start...

sweabs

I like pistonsinsix's idea.

Just think of how far we have gotten thus far...compared to last year - even if we were not to make it out of this round we have made significant strides as a team (regular season record, ECF appearance, Artest an all star, etc.).

Just focus on the good things and think of the rest of the season as "icing on the cake". Remember, Detroit was in the ECF last year - and I'm sure they are still upset over what happened then...

So basically...just relax! Just think...it could be worse...WE COULD BE DOWN 2-0!

pb777

Work out. Go for a run. Feel better.
    Did that today too. Workouts always suck when everyone in the gym is talking about the way we lost. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said that Reggie should have dunked I'd be at Ruth's Chris right now eating a Poerterhouse...

Just try to relax and get away from it. I'm still disappointed but it's far from the end of the world. [size=18:2b15060c78]Focus on what's really important. [/size]After all, this is just a game (albeit, a game I spend a lot of time and energy on ).

OMG, the game is really important though. it is the ECF afterall. yes I am kidding, well maybe a little.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

I like Kstat's idea: go play some ball. Getting a decent workout and relieving some frustration by swishing some 18-footers can't hurt. I always go out and shoot hoops on my old dirt court after a loss (it's even nailed to the side of my barn). I am a true Indiana kid.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Put on some Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Overkill, or any other hard rock band and hit the heavy bag. Or lift weights.

street ball at 11:00 PM? I have to be at work the next day at 7:00 AM

I'm amazed nobody else has suggested this:

Take up drinking.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Put on some Megadeth...

Pop in a tape of a Pacers victory from 2000, or one of the playoff wins over the Knicks.

that will help.

rent a movie is plan B.

At least while you're watching it, you can forget about game 2. It's a good thing we don't have 3 or 4 days off. We'd all need padded rooms.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

diego

How about Get A Life. Just kidding. But really UB, i know it sucked and i hated it too, but come on, its a game. I usually pout the rest of night and then go to bed and move on. I have way to many things more important than the NBA in my life to stress out about.

Just to clarify I am fine, was mainly just trying to be a little amusing with this thread.

Don't worry diego, I am OK.

I did have trouble sleeping moreso because I could not relax, I was still too keyed up. If the pacers would have won I still would have had trouble sleeping

sweabs

Just to clarify I am fine, was mainly just trying to be a little amusing with this thread.

I did have trouble sleeping moreso because I could not relax, I was still too keyed up. If the pacers would have won I still would have had trouble sleeping
    I hear ya... .

diego

I hear you UB. I was just giving you a hard time. Actually my wife makes fun of me because i pout all night after a loss, but its hard not too. I guess though with the Pacers and Colts both coming so damn close so many times yet not winning it all, i have gotten somewhat used to the agonizing thought of well at least there is next year.

AcneBrain

Play Half-Life. Shoot some aliens.

Play Half-Life. Shoot some aliens.
    Pretend the aliens are Sheed. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I just dont' care beyond the first hour of frustration. In the end it's just entertainment and if it doesn't do it for I'll just move on.

I like to study photos of the crowd to find out how we can all do better. For example, this photo taken during a Pistons free throw....

People should be waving some balloons or some rally towels or standing and screaming or something, instead of sitting like bumps on logs.

You know who you are...... :P
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo

I just dont see how we can be all that worried. Take some things into account.

1) Artest pretty much played the worst game of his career. That wont happen every single night and they still only won by 5 points (and that was pumped up by free throws. If he does keep playing like it then his minutes will go down and Benders (who played pretty well) will go up.

2) Tinsley is not going to foul out of every game. We only need him to not foul out three more times. If he does foul out every game I will never watch another NBA game for the rest of my life as it will prove to me that the game is rigged.

3) we have already won in Detroit ok so we need to do it again.

4) Maybe last night will show Rick that AJ just cant hack it and try Kenny. Didnt Kenny kill the pistons a couple of years ago?