Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread

Default The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread

From here on in, any of it goes here. Be it the latest rumor, news, or just thoughts you have. We've had a ton of threads on it, and that's enough. It all goes here from now until training camp.

Default Re: The Official JO to LA trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread

Here's a fantasy payroll I did for the Payroll thread.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=32420

Here's a fantasy payroll for the Pacers if they traded JO to the Lakers for the rumored deal. That deal being Brown, Bynum, Crittenton, a 2,008 #1, and the Lakers resigning Aaron McKie for $4,340,200 million and then the Laker's including $3 million in cash to offset McKie's salary. Signing McKie for $3 million doesn't work because he would be BYC. McKie would then retire or the Pacers would cut him.

Pacer Payroll of 09-16-07.
    Player.....................2007-08
    Troy Murphy.............$9,206,349
    Kwame Brown...........$9,075,000
    Mike Dunleavy..........$8,219,008
    Marquis Daniels.........$6,373,900
    Jamaal Tinsley............$6,300,000
    Jeff Foster.................$5,500,000
    Ike Diogu..................$2,286,360
    Andrew Bynum..........$2,172,000
    David Harrison...........$1,734,316
    Danny Granger..........$1,516,800
    Shawne Williams........$1,470,360
    Javaris Crittenton........$1,285,200
    Kareem Rush.............$770,610
    Stephen Graham.........$770,610
    Andre Owens.............$687,456
    Aaron McKie............$4,340,400 (cut) Pacer's receive $3 million in cash.
    ----------------------------
    Total................$61,708,369..........($6,156, 631) under the lux tax.

Interestingly since the Pacers receive $3 million in cash they could go $1.5 million over the lux tax and remain even. Thus they could trade for someone for $7,656,631 and it not cost them 2 for 1 dollars that going over the tax normally costs.
    Will Galen is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Can we put all trade rumors here? If not just delete this post.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...aine_deal.html

Nets passed on Jermaine deal

BY JULIAN GARCIA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, July 16th 2007, 4:00 AM

On June 28, the night of the NBA draft, Nets president Rod Thorn said he had received several "interesting" trade offers, one of which, according to sources, was a blockbuster that would have sent Richard Jefferson, Nenad Krstic and Jason Collins to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal.

Now, it appears the odds of the Nets making a major deal before the season begins in November are growing slim. Thorn said none of the trades he discussed with other executives just weeks ago are likely to happen, for now.

"They're all dead," Thorn said of the trade talks.

The O'Neal trade discussions could resume again but the Nets have already added a big man to their roster who is expected to make a major impact. After Mikki Moore signed with Sacramento on Friday night, they signed free agent center Jamaal Magloire on Saturday. Magloire is a one-time All-Star who averaged 13.6 points and 10.3 rebounds in 2003-04 with the Hornets. Magloire averaged 6.5 points and 6.1 rebounds last year for Portland.

If Magloire comes close to matching those numbers this season, the Nets could be a major force in the East. Krstic, whom Moore replaced in the starting lineup after Krstic tore his ACL last December, is expected back before the season begins.

The Nets' next move likely will be adding a reliable shooting guard. Eddie House, who had an injury-plagued season for the Nets last year, is a free agent and there's a good chance the team won't re-sign him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Here's what the same reporter said yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www3.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...other_big_man/

Nets Still Want Another Big Man
    July 15, 2007 - 10:22 pm
    New York Daily News -
    After losing Mikki Moore and signing Jamaal Magloire, it seems as though the New Jersey Nets might still be in the market for another big man.

Help could come through a trade. Though talks with the Pacers regarding a trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and Richard Jefferson stalled on draft night, that deal may not be dead yet.

I would be shocked if the NJ deal went through. I just feel that would be a
    horrible trade for the Pacers plus JO is still in the east. JO will go no where
    if that is all that is available.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

From the LG forum:

Does anyone know the amount of Kwame Brown's trade kicker?
    http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=44997

In a response from Larry Coon, it's 7.5%. That might affect some of the trade scenarios DD and others have suggested.

For example, it might allow us to only take on 3 players in a trade of JO (plus maybe Harrison) to LA: Bynum, Brown, Crittenton (plus future 1st rounder, and perhaps S&T McKie/$3M).
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

.Nets Still Want Another Big Man
    July 15, 2007 - 10:22 pm
    New York Daily News -
    After losing Mikki Moore and signing Jamaal Magloire, it seems as though the New Jersey Nets might still be in the market for another big man.

Help could come through a trade. Though talks with the Pacers regarding a trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and Richard Jefferson stalled on draft night, that deal may not be dead yet.
    If this trade goes through- I would stop everything that is going on in my life, break up with my girlfriend, say goodbye to my family and friends and personally go to Indy and pull a "saw" on DW& LB.

That would be a horrible trade and I pray to every god out there not to allow this blasphemy to happen.

I think Jefferson is way overated and only had this much success thanks to Kidd- He's just a good athlete- nothing special in my book.
    Krstic is a nice player- but he's not even as a second option- only a third. We would have the worst defence in the league with him

We need a player to build this franchise around. He doesn't have to be the best player on the team- we already have some nice pieces which may turn out to be something special (DG,SW,Ike)- but these NJ guys are really not enough for our leading scorer,rebounder and shot blocker.

On the other hand I would go for the LA deal without ever looking back.

There's always something we don't know when trying to figure contracts out! Plus, my math was wrong on the above fantasy trade. I didn't realize that until I started running Brown's figures with 7.5% added.

Here's the new figures. I think they are right, but I wouldn't guarantee them.

Let's see, JO makes $19,728,000, so to trade for him a team would have to come up with $15,702,400 in contracts. That's including the 25%, and $100,000 the NBA allows to make deals match.

Brown makes $9,075,000. Add 7.5% and you get $9,755,625.

Brown.......$9,755,625
    Bynum......$2,172,000
    Crittenton..$1,285,200

$2,489,575 more contract money needed.

Since Aaron McKie made $2,5 million last year, and it's rumored he is going to retire, the Laker's could sign him to a contract for the money needed, then give the Pacer's that amount in cash. In fact they could sweeten the deal a bit by giving the Pacer's the full $3 million allowed.

Brown.......$9,755,625
    Bynum......$2,172,000
    Crittenton..$1,285,200
    McKie.......$2,489,575 ( sign and trade and then retired or cut)
    Last edited by Will Galen; 07-16-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Hoping the trade doesn't go through? Looks like NJ is all that stopped it because Indy wanted that deal.

Its just been reported on nba.com that the nets just rejected the trade for JO.

Quote Originally Posted by DgR View Post

That would be a horrible trade and I pray to every god out there not to allow this blasphemy to happen.

Interesting combination of thoughts you have there.

There's always something we don't know when trying to figure contracts out! Plus, my math was wrong on the above fantasy trade. I didn't realize that until I started running Brown's figures with 7.5% added.

Here's the new figures. I think they are right, but I wouldn't guarantee them.

Let's see, JO makes $19,728,000, so to trade for him a team would have to come up with $15,702,400 in contracts. That's including the 25%, and $100,000 the NBA allows to make deals match.

Brown makes $9,075,000. Add 7.5% and you get $9,755,625.

Brown.......$9,755,625
    Bynum......$2,172,000
    Crittenton..$1,285,200

$2,489,575 more contract money needed.

If you are signing Aaron McKie you have to double $2,489,575 because he will be BYC and the Laker's can only count half in making a trade. That means Aaron would be getting $4,979,150. So even if the Lakers gave $3 million cash the Pacers would still have to pay him $1,979,150.

Brown.......$9,755,625
    Bynum......$2,172,000
    Crittenton..$1,285,200
    McKie.......$2,489,575 (Actual salary double this.)

If you are signing Aaron McKie you have to double $2,489,575 because he will be BYC and the Laker's can only count half in making a trade. That means Aaron would be getting $4,979,150. So even if the Lakers gave $3 million cash the Pacers would still have to pay him $1,979,150.
    Pretty sure that's wrong.

McKie made 2.5mil last year. He can get up to a 20% pay increase without becoming BYC. A 20% pay increase puts him at 3mil, which is perfect.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Any chance this could get merged into the official thread?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Damn, beat me too it.

:cottoncandy:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    Hoping the trade doesn't go through? Looks like NJ is all that stopped it because Indy wanted that deal.

So says NJ. I don't believe anything coming out of LA or NJ.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    If true, that makes both Bird/Walsh and Thorn idiots.

JO/Kidd/Carter is a contender, at least in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    If true, that makes both Bird/Walsh and Thorn idiots.

JO/Kidd/Carter is a contender, at least in the East.
    With a decent coach, and assuming some good role players, that's a contender anywhere.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Yahoo has on their Rumor Board about a Nets Pacers rekindling. Involving Jo and R. Jefferson. The only way I'm liking this, is if it was R.J and KRistic or Mikey Moore (but he's gone now).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors;_...5PD1TgpQu8vLYF

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Will, I don't think you can include a trade kicker when matching salaries. I've been wrong before, though.
    The CBA allows players to waive part of their trade kicker, if necessary to allow a trade to fit within the 125% plus $100,000 margin. So trade kickers do count.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Pretty sure that's wrong.

McKie made 2.5mil last year. He can get up to a 20% pay increase without becoming BYC. A 20% pay increase puts him at 3mil, which is perfect.
    It appears you are correct, if the Laker's used the Larry Bird or Early Bird exception to re-sign McKie.

I'm not quoting the whole thing, but according to Larry Coon; http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#73

73. . . . .BYC defines the salary that's used to compare players for compliance under the Traded Player exception. Usually the salary used for comparison is the player's actual salary. But under either of the following circumstances, a different salary is used when comparing salaries for trading purposes:

* The team is over the salary cap, used the Larry Bird or Early Bird exception to re-sign the player, and the player received a raise greater than 20% (unless it's the minimum salary).
    ---------------------------------------

Actually it appears they could give McKie what he made last year and that would work. Why would he care if he's going to retire? It would be like found money to him.

Thanks, I'm going to edit my post above.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 07-16-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That rumor came from this storyhttp://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...agloire-1.html

Out with Moore, in with Magloire

Nets lose center but add veteran

BY JULIAN GARCIA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 4:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story
    Read Julian Garcia's The InterNets Blog

Shortly after the season ended in May, Mikki Moore said he'd be willing to give the Nets a hometown discount in order to stay with the team once he became a free agent.

As it turned out, all Moore gave the Nets was a thank-you while heading out the door.

The popular center's brief tenure with the Nets officially came to an end late Friday night when he signed a three-year contract worth about $18 million with the Sacramento Kings. To make up for the loss, the Nets announced yesterday they had signed signed former All-Star Jamaal Magloire to a one-year deal, which is believed to be worth $4 million.

The Nets had offered Moore a three-year deal worth just over $3 million per but withdrew the offer when the team-imposed deadline passed a few days ago.

"The Nets were very competitive and tried hard to keep him," said Moore's agent, Mark Bartelstein.

Bartelstein said finances weren't the only factors in Moore's decision to head west. The fact he could be a starter in Sacramento also had something to do with it. With the Nets, the 6-11 Moore would have returned to the reserve role he held last season prior to replacing Nenad Krstic in the starting lineup after Krstic tore his left ACL on Dec.22. Krstic is expected to return this season and the team also drafted 6-10 Boston College center Sean Williams.

Despite his departure, Moore has no hard feelings toward the Nets, Bartelstein said. Calls to Moore were not returned.

"He really enjoyed playing for Lawrence Frank and playing with Jason Kidd is a dream for any player," said Bartelstein. "It's bittersweet for him. The Nets gave Mikki a wonderful opportunity last year but this is a decision he felt was best for him at this point in his career."

Moore averaged 9.8 points last season and led the league in shooting percentage (61%). He was popular with fans and teammates but lacks the defensive and rebounding skills the Nets need in their frontcourt. The Kings will be his ninth team since 2002.

The 6-11 Magloire, a seven year veteran and 2004 All-Star who played in 81 games for the Portland Trail Blazers last season, averaging 6.5 points and 6.1 rebounds, could better fill that role. Williams, whom the Nets took with the 17th pick in the draft last month, is expected to toughen up the Nets' frontcourt. He averaged five blocks per game last season at Boston College before being thrown off the team for drug use.

The Nets could still add another big man through a trade. Though talks with the Pacers regarding a trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and Richard Jefferson stalled on draft night, that deal may not be dead yet.
    ==================================

What? Has Sac given up on Brad Miller? Could HE be available??

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post

==================================

What? Has Sac given up on Brad Miller? Could HE be available??

It might be one way to get rid of Murphy

2007 2008 2009
    Brad Miller SAC $10,500,000 $11,375,000 $12,250,000

Murphy $9,206,349 $10,126,984 $11,047,619
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    It might be one way to get rid of Murphy

2007 2008 2009
    Brad Miller SAC $10,500,000 $11,375,000 $12,250,000

Murphy $9,206,349 $10,126,984 $11,047,619

I think Murph may have less injury issues tho.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread

Brad for Murphy? Where do I sign?

Enjoy your time at PD!

No way at least Murphy isn't injured. Brad Miller is the one player I wouldn't trade him for. Eddie Gill anyone?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Brad for Murphy? Where do I sign?

murph+DA for brad works