Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star==> O'Brien has no qualms about 3s

Default Re: Star==> O'Brien has no qualms about 3s

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao i wonder how many fans on here will go ape crazy when tins launches 4-5 3's a game? LOL

Tinsley can knock them down. . . .when he's open. . . once in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    kinda like Horace and Harvey grant weren't far apart?
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say Stan Van Gundy is a much better coach than Ron Jeremy.

You obviously haven't seen him coach the Senior Cheerleading Squad

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Wow, that's a strong pair of posts.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Hicks, a little too sensitive if you are referring to this comment which actually was NOT directed at either you or Kegboy specifically, at least in terms of the "fanboy" reference.
    Don't hate stats, all they are is someone counting up all the times some REAL THING actually happened. That's hella better than some fanboy saying "it SEEMED like they got a lot of their misses".
    That was me comparing the GENERIC debate between stats and subjective/anecdotel "evidence" that is brought up in just about every sports debate at any public forum.

Please tell me you'd rather that my points just be backed with things like "JOB's teams always give teams a ton of open looks and get dunked on all the time, plus they never get steals" with zero numbers to go with it. And then tell me that to counter that point you would restrain yourself from using contradictory stats to disprove my point. You just say "that's not true".

Then we could spend the next 3 pages posting wisecracks about each other's limited basketball knowledge as if that somehow sufficed as a series of points/counterpoints in any form of functional debate. Of course we'd sprinkle in things like "well when I watched them" and "all I know is that Hubie Brown thought" to really solidify our points.

It's that type of debate I intended to insult when I mentioned fanboys saying "it seemed", specifically to make the case that all these numbers that keep getting trashed out around PD are actually the closest thing you get to a REASONABLE debate.

I'm pretty sick of people blasting stats as meaningless anytime they might possible make a point they don't apparently care for, that was my intention with that post.

Final score - stat. Wins in a season - stat. Number of titles - stat. Points scored in 8.9 seconds - stat. Pretty sure those things count(ed) for something.

Now explain to me the intention of implying that I'm calling JOB an idiot for saying he has a very definite strategic history that is being reinforced by his recent comments regarding how he plans to run things next season?

I mean I (and Jay, et al) said "I think he'll have them shoot a ton of 3s". At the time you brought out the "I don't think he's an idiot" defense. Then JOB himself said basically "We are going to shoot a ton of 3s". So what does that mean, that JOB is calling himself an idiot? I mean if that's what we were doing by saying he'd have them shoot a lot of 3s then shouldn't it be true when he says it as well?

In fact YOU are calling him an idiot because your "I don't think he's an idiot" defense was used to counter the idea that he would have them shoot a lot of 3s, as in "he won't because he's not dumb". Well he apparently is by his own admission and the corollary to your point is "he will because he is dumb".

I don't happen to agree with that automatic connection (3PAs = dumb coaching). It seems risky and poorly paired with this team NOW, but it's hard to be sure. He could be about to prove just how clever he is, I don't believe I've denied that one time yet.

Now you put words in my mouth saying I think he's an idiot. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I mean I (and Jay, et al) said "I think he'll have them shoot a ton of 3s". At the time you brought out the "I don't think he's an idiot" defense. Then JOB himself said basically "We are going to shoot a ton of 3s". So what does that mean, that JOB is calling himself an idiot? I mean if that's what we were doing by saying he'd have them shoot a lot of 3s then shouldn't it be true when he says it as well?

In fact YOU are calling him an idiot because your "I don't think he's an idiot" defense was used to counter the idea that he would have them shoot a lot of 3s, as in "he won't because he's not dumb". Well he apparently is by his own admission and the corollary to your point is "he will because he is dumb".
    Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JOB always knows what to say. I like his attitude.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers