Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have been to a Fever game - if not, why not

Hybrid View

Default How many of you have been to a Fever game - if not, why not

I never have. Several reasons I guess. One, I spend enough time and money at Conseco during the Pacers season. Two, I fear the whole time sitting there, I'd be comparing to the Pacers (OK insert joke here). Three, Never have been offered a free tickets. Fourth, I don't like womens basketball - heck I don't even like mens college basketball - so I doubt I'd like womens pro ball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How many of you have been to a Fever game - if not, why not

I once was given tickets to a Fever game from our season ticket rep for the club level. Only problem is the bumbling fool gave us tickets to a game that had already happened and no I am not kidding. We opened the envelope when we got back from lunch with him and saw that the tickets were for a game that had happened two days earlier.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I have been to the Charlotte Sting games, but not a fever game because they weren't there when I lived in Indy.

I've only been to 4 Fever games. One this season against the Comets.

Once, actually this last month, someone in the Pacers organization offered me free tickets to a Fever game. I really wanted to go but my parents were to worn out to drive an hour and a half to go see a game. That and my dad was to stubborn and wanted to go see Wild Hogs.

Never been. I've tried getting into it a few times on TV, but the WNBA game just doesn't keep my interest for very long. I keep noticing what it isn't and not appreciating what it is. Or what it is just doesn't entertain me.

If I lived in Indy I would go. I am sure the tickets are not that expensive. I think it would be a nice night out for the family. My son think women are inferior to men so I think it would help him out a little not to mention I think women with muscle tone are hot

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep noticing what it isn't and not appreciating what it is. Or what it is just doesn't entertain me.
    You hit the nail on the head, I'm the exact same way

I'd go...but the drives too far. If I lived in Indy, I would most definitely go. I support anything Indiana sports related.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Never been. I've tried getting into it a few times on TV, but the WNBA game just doesn't keep my interest for very long. I keep noticing what it isn't and not appreciating what it is. Or what it is just doesn't entertain me.
    It's an acquired taste. If you don't like Men's college ball, you're definitely not going to like it.

As an aside, people who watch see the deficiences and blame it on the players being women. But those who really know the Women's college game know that's not really the case. Yes, they're less athletic, which means gameplay needs to be more strategic in nature. The problem is, the pro schedule is so compressed, there's no time for practice. On top of that, many players miss training camp and even a game or two because they're still playing overseas. At the beginning of the season, you've got women who've never played together working it out on the fly, and the rest of the season is one big catch-up session.

This is why coaching is so important. A lot of college coaches came up, couldn't handle the schedule, and bailed. The league turned to coaches with NBA experience, because people realized it's not about coaching women, it's about coaching the schedule. Still, in some ways it's more difficult than the NBA because the game is even more compressed, there are less resources, and the players are less athletic and, by extension, less talented. And while the overall talent level has definitely increased over the last 10 years, you're also starting to see egos more routinely come to bear. Not as bad as the NBA, of course, but it's there, and it's one more thing for the coach to deal with.

That's why I'm always talking up the likes of Michael Cooper and Bill Laimbeer. It takes a really, really good coach to succeed in such an environment, and it takes an exceptional coach to succeed without real talent. Which is why I love Ron Rothstein so much.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

What was interesting was that the tickets that were offered to me were for inspirational women's night. But the Fever lost that game...

If I wasn't like 900 miles away I'd go see one. They have a WNBA team in DC I think but I have about as much interest in them as I do the Wizards (none).

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Three, Never have been offered a free tickets.
    If you haven't been offered a voucher for a free ticket your ticket rep hasn't been doing his job. Maybe it was a case of Kegboy's rep trying everything he could think of to get us to get season tickets again, but I know of at least one time we got tickets because the rep talked us into it.

woman without a team

Not only gave I been to Fever games I also went to two games in Detroit and seriously considered going to a game when I lived in CT (decided I'd rather go gambling).

Kegboy and I had Fever season tickets for the first 3 seasons. As with any sporting event it can make a huge difference who sits around you. The best year was the year we sat behind Stephanie White's family. If you don't like crowds with a bunch of squealing kids then a Fever game might not be for you.

We've gone to the occasional game since we stopped our season tickets. I told Kegboy last week we should at least go to a game while they have the best record in the league, but I'm not sure anything short of a nuclear bomb is going to get him to go to Conseco for a game--Pacers or Fever.

I think everyone should start going to the games. That way when the Fever win the championship you can't be accused of being fair-weather fans.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Fever started playing after I moved to Chicago. If I lived in town, I'd probably take Jay's_Daughter@Section19 to Fever games.

I've thought about taking her to a Chicago Sky game.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I've been an enjoyed it. There are a couple of reasons why. Again, they are an Indiana team and I like to support them. Secondly, I had a daughter who was involved in athletics for many years and can appreciate what it takes.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

I always go to home openers- because I get free tickets for em for some reason. But the Fever is always fun to watch.

I went to a few here or there. I have a family member who use to be an assistant coach, so I would get free tix and go, plus I had a crush on Stephanie White!

I still got from time to time b/c that family member always seems to have an assistant job somewhere! LOL 1st it was with Phoenix, and now she's in Seattle, so whenever those teams have come to down I've gotten tix! Can't say I've actually PAID for tix, but I've supported!

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I went to a few here or there. I have a family member who use to be an assistant coach, so I would get free tix and go, plus I had a crush on Stephanie White!

I still got from time to time b/c that family member always seems to have an assistant job somewhere! LOL 1st it was with Phoenix, and now she's in Seattle, so whenever those teams have come to down I've gotten tix! Can't say I've actually PAID for tix, but I've supported!
    A girl from my high school is playing for Seattle this year - Katie Gearlds.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    A girl from my high school is playing for Seattle this year - Katie Gearlds.
    Yeah she's the shooter from Purdue. Not playing too well as of now though

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody would be willing to go with me, and I don't like going to games alone.

I have had half season tickets and have taken my daughter. The tickets are not that expensive and the Fever is fun to watch. Catchings is amazing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pta View Post
    I have had half season tickets and have taken my daughter. The tickets are not that expensive and the Fever is fun to watch. Catchings is amazing to watch.
    PTA, haven't been to a Fever game so I have to ask about the atmosphere. Is it a little more laid back on the carnival noise or are they blaring the music like at the Pacer games?

I could enjoy going to watch just a game for a change.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The music is not as loud but they have projections on the central screen and
    Hip hop dancers on the floor and other ways to get the fans stirred up. They have a lot of kids activities on the concourse before games. There are more kids at the games and about a ratio of 2/1 females to males.

Some of the fans can get rowdy. The main level is more rowdy than the upper levels. The upper levels are more empty and quieter than the lower levels. Most of the rowdy fans sit close to the court since the tickets are not that expensive.