Thread: Small deal for Keyon Dooling or Carlos Arroyo

Default Small deal for Keyon Dooling or Carlos Arroyo

The Pacers have a trade exception left I think, and might be able to pull a deal like this:

Orlando sends Keyon Dooling (or Arroyo if you prefer) to Indiana

Indiana sends Andrew Betts and cash and TE to Orlando.

Why does Orlando do this? They are trying to clear cap room to re-sign Darko Milecic, and this clears one these guys off their books.

Why does Indiana do it? We get a back up point guard who is an upgrade for us without giving up anything. I personally like both these players....Ilike Arroyo's flair and offensive game, and I like Doolings youth and defensive ability. Both these guys each have an expiring contract as well, which can help in the future moves we choose to make, if we make any.

Thoughts?

streets ahead

Default Re: Small deal for Keyon Dooling or Carlos Arroyo

i'm a big arroyo fan. i like the deal for him. dooling is a decent defender but terrible scorer and playmaker, we might as well have kept orien if we want a PG like that.

i'd also push to get fran vazquez since he doesn't seem too keen on going to the magic any time soon.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

picked this idea off realgm...

how about troy murphy for arroyo and pat garrity? arroyo and garrity both have expiring contracts, and garrity would be bought out i think.

basically, swap murph for financial relief and a one year look at arroyo as pg.

i think we're all expecting a career year out of murphy (playing under obie's 3-ball friendly system), but the financial aspect more than makes up for it imo.

streets ahead

why would orlando do that? take on murphy's contract when they just extended howard and signed lewis?

if they do that they'd at least want someone like diogu or shawne and probably want to get rid of like battie's contract or maybe hedo.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I would much rather re sign Keith McLeod. I really like Keith, he is a nice player.

However I guess Dooling or Arroyo isn't the worst we can do for a backup but defiantly not the best IMO.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would orlando do that? take on murphy's contract when they just extended howard and signed lewis?
    seems like the magic want to turn their expiring contracts (arroyo, dooling, garrity) into another useful piece to add to their core. their obvious targets would be near luxury tax teams with overpaid players. think cavs with larry hughes, or pacers with murphy.

i'm not really sure whether they would take murph and his 4 years left, but i do believe he is the kind of player they're realistically targeting.