Thread: Should Karl Malone be suspended for his latest elbow throwing escapade?

Default Should Karl Malone be suspended for his latest elbow throwing escapade?

I guess he elbowed Derrick Martin in the neck, rather than the head as Peeler did.

But is was nearly as blatant and of course the guy has a history. (see this link for past Malone elbows

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html

We all know that he WON'T be suspended, since he plays for the David Stern Lakers... err... NBA LAkers... errr... ABC Lakers...

oh, right...

LA Lakers.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: Should Karl Malone be suspended for his latest elbow throwing escapade?

I haven't seen the play but if it was above the shoulders then yeah, he should be suspended.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should Karl Malone be suspended for his latest elbow throwing escapade?

Yeah i think so. He is one of the most dirtiest players in the game. If Artest were to throw an elbow instant suspension.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He won't be suspened , and Malone has always played this way ..why is everyone so shocked now ? is it cause he now Plays for LA and not Utah.

Nerd.
    Mood

If the Nba has any integrity, then he will be suspended.

Stryder

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I saw the match, was very physical and he had already brutally kneed Hoiberg earlier in the game, so yes, if they can give Artest a suspension as easily as they have given him vs the Celtics than this should (EMPHASIZE) definitely be a one game suspension. Whether they will (EMPHASIZE) is an entirely different matter on the otherhand. I really hope so.

Another bright note ... my pay-tv company will finally air the Pacers (game 2) tomorrow night, Only the 2nd time this year, so it was about time again.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Stryder
    You answer your question yourself in a round-a-bout way. The NBA has no integrity when it comes to Superstars.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

LAPacer

If Artest deserves a suspension for the D Anderson elbow, then Malone deserves 2 games. But its LA, so he'll be playing next game

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Stryder
    Then they should have suspended KG , bet your *** , if ron artest woulda did what KG woulda did to peeler , what Brad Miller did to Martin ... he woulda been suspened for several games.

You actually believe the NBA still has Integrity , so far only artest and peeler have been suspened for playoff games , imagine that 2 small market teams , while the big market teams get away with murder

Stryder
    I think he will be suspended a game. It was obvious he was throwing his elbow and not moving though a pick as Phil Jackson said.

Phil Jackson . . . I dislike him more than any other coach, he's . . . . . .

Graywolf_59

Yeah i think so. He is one of the most dirtiest players in the game. If Artest were to throw an elbow instant suspension.
    RA would be suspended for just "Thinking about it"!Malone "Belong's"to the NBA's Market Winning team and he's a Major Veteran.......So nothing will happen!If it were Reggie or another Pacer. (ESP)-RA.....Gone for @ least 2-3 game's!

NBA integrity = Military intelligence.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Nerd.
    Mood

Stryder
    Then they should have suspended KG , bet your *** , if ron artest woulda did what KG woulda did to peeler , what Brad Miller did to Martin ... he woulda been suspened for several games.

You actually believe the NBA still has Integrity , so far only artest and peeler have been suspened for playoff games , imagine that 2 small market teams , while the big market teams get away with murder
    That's why I added the "if" into the sentence....I don't think he will be suspended...but IF the NBA had INTEGRITY then Malone WOULD sit out game 3.

You actually believe the NBA still has integrity , so far only artest and peeler have been suspended for playoff games, imagine that 2 small market teams, while the big market teams get away with murder
    Good point. When Malone did that, I turned to my wife and said, Ron would be suspended for that.

Beyond that, Malone did it callously with no concern for Martin's well being. From what I understand, this is a pattern with him. If so, he's a dirtbag.

Mood

I haven't seen the play but if it was above the shoulders then yeah, he should be suspended.
    ^

Mood

If so, he's a dirtbag.
    He is. Read that link in the first post here and I'm sure you'll agree; and that doesn't even tell all of it. The man is a menace. If Ron had his attitude with elbows, he'd have been expelled from the league by now. No joke.

those high knee thrusts to a defenders groin that he loves to do when finishing a dunk or layup close to the basket or on fast breaks / drives to the basket.

Robert Horry's voice gets raised (not a knee, but shows the general tactic):

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stryder
    I think he will be suspended a game. It was obvious he was throwing his elbow and not moving though a pick as Phil Jackson said.

Phil Jackson . . . I dislike him more than any other coach, he's . . . . . .
    I don't care if Malone was fighting through a screen - that was what Artest was doing when he was suspended. Artest got suspended because he hit Anderson above the shoulders and that is exactly what Malone did.

I don't think anything will come of this but I hope I'm wrong. The difference in this situation is that ESPN hasn't shown this incident over and over like they did Artest's. There also wasn't Bill Walton challenging the NBA to suspend Malone like he did Artest.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I love how all of these kind of threads get turned into...

IF Ron would have done that he would have been blah blah blah.

Come on guys!

Sactolover
    AKA Sactolover05

Mood

I love how all of these kind of threads get turned into...

IF Ron would have done that he would have been blah blah blah.

Come on guys!

Sactolover
    It's sad, but it's true!. Karl did what Ron did: fighting through a screen and clocking someone above the shoulders. And Ron lost a game for it.

This is how Karl fishes......

No hooks needed

$7,500 fine. Pfft. That's like $7.50 to you and me. Not even a slap on the wrist. More like a finger wag.

Alderidge (not my favorite guy btw) is calling shenanigans:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...vid&id=1808516

---snip---
    I would not feel so strongly about this if the league A) hadn't been so adamant over the years about condemning any contact above the shoulder, whether it came from a punch or an elbow. The league's various chieftans of discipline have all said the same thing: windup, contact and follow-through are a flagrant foul, subject to suspension. And even if there's some question about whether to suspend a guy, this brings me to B).

The league always says that patterns of behavior are taken into account when disciplining players; i.e., if you do something once, you get disciplined X. You do something twice, you get disciplined X-plus. And so on. This escalating scale certainly seemed to be in place (correctly) with Dennis Rodman and Dikembe Mutombo. How many times over the years have we seen The Mailman hit somebody in the head? Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash, Brian Grant and David Robinson come to mind. Every time, Malone is utterly unrepentant, and that's his right. But the league shouldn't condone that kind of behavior.
    ---snip---

The Laker-loving league strikes again. What a shock.

Wow, big surprise there. I guess Malone will actually have to permenately injure someone before he gets his just due.