Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Artest flat out pissed me off tonight.

Default Ron Artest flat out pissed me off tonight.

He was HORRIBLE. And what did he do early when he wasn't hitting shots? He forced more bad shots. And he never stopped. Ever. I hope someone is chewing his ear off in the locker room right now, because he was a HUGE detriment to this game tonight. Just awful.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ron Artest flat out pissed me off tonight.

Agreed. There's going to be some strong words said in the locker room, in team meetings, and in practice now.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

You gotta admire him for trying and not giving up on the offensive end but there were simply too many times when other guys were open and had their hands out for the ball and he just threw up something.

He is way too talanted to have this sort of game.

sweabs

You have to give Tayshaun credit...he really did do a great job covering Artest and not comitting the foul.

He needed to stop while he was behind. There were so many times in the second half where he should of gotten the ball to JO. Didn't happen. Credit the D.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I started yelling at the TV late when JO is calling for the ball, Ron stands there, and then finally instead of giving the ball up, he drives right into a crowd of Pistons for some crappy 10 footer.

He gets bull-headed a lot. Most of the time it works to the Pacers' advantage. Tonight it didn't.

I don't think I've ever screamed at the TV yelling for Artest to be taken out before. He was horrible.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

I love Ron's game, and he's a big reason the Pacers are where they are this season. But tonight I wanted to tear my hair out everytime he forced up yet another bad shot while being surrounded by Pistons...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

I was hoping that Carlisle would leave him on the bench near the end and play Harrington at the 3.

Ron never made a single adjustment. I'm just speechless.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Ron never made a single adjustment. I'm just speechless.
    No he didn't

This is what he did everytime.

Drive to the middle of the paint...stop...go into prince...get shot rejected

or

Drive on baseline... Run over prince OR put up crazy shot

PistonsDynasty

My thing is.........

Ron has a jumper!! Tay gave him room but it seemed like he didn't trust his jumper OR that people kept telling him. You are STRONGER and go right at him.

If I was Ron I'll start trusting my jumper. This season I saw him hit long jumpers with ease.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

My thing is.........

Ron has a jumper!! Tay gave him room but it seemed like he didn't trust his jumper OR that people kept telling him. You are STRONGER and go right at him.

If I was Ron I'll start trusting my jumper. This season I saw him hit long jumpers with ease.
    Ron's single-mindedness is both one of his biggest strengths and weaknesses. He's so focused wanting to show how he can overpower TP that he's not looking to give up the ball at all on the drive, just putting his head down and rumbling to the basket hell-bent to score.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

When Artest is playing that bad, I don't see why Carlisle doesn't have the balls to pull him down the stretch. Pacers could have benefitted with someone else in the game. I know he's a primary reason why the Pacers have gotten this far, but if he's refusing to play as a team, then he should be pulled. Zero assists. Didn't even look to pass. This is part of the ego that brought the Pacers down last year. My concern is whether or not the Pacers can constructively deal with this in the locker room.

Ron was just awful tonight. What pissed me off the most happened in the final minutes when we were down a couple buckets. ron and j.o. are on the strong side with j.o. having post position on sheed. instead of dumping it into j.o., artest drives into prince once again and once again turns it over. j.o. gave him an earful after that possession. just a terrible game overall. jamal's foul trouble hurt us too.

now we have to take one in mo-town wed. or fri.

Ron was just awful tonight. What pissed me off the most happened in the final minutes when we were down a couple buckets. ron and j.o. are on the strong side with j.o. having post position on sheed. instead of dumping it into j.o., artest drives into prince once again and once again turns it over. j.o. gave him an earful after that possession. just a terrible game overall. jamal's foul trouble hurt us too.

now we have to take one in mo-town wed. or fri.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Thank you

PistonsDynasty

My thing is.........

Ron's single-mindedness is both one of his biggest strengths and weaknesses. He's so focused wanting to show how he can overpower TP that he's not looking to give up the ball at all on the drive, just putting his head down and rumbling to the basket hell-bent to score.
    That's where Rick Carlisle comes in. And I fear for you guys (in the long term) because Rick isn't know for adjust'n. Last year he kept using the same dumb lines and din't adjust to the quick New Jersey team.

Now he has to try and adjust with the Pacers. He will have to find a way to get easy points without always driving. Your going to get rejected going in there.

rick really confused me tonight. i was begging for him to replace ron with harrington or bender. it was just gettin ridiculous and out of hand. he should have just taken artest out for a minute or two and given him an earful, tell him to play the shot, not just try to throw his body into prince. prince caught onto that garbage in the first quarter and just let ron make a fool of himself all night.

on a high note, i think aj played pretty well. i am usually uncomfortable with him at the point. it just seems like he doesn't recognize the open man as quickly as tins. played good D though so overall i was pleased.

did anyone else notice that cro was playin the 3 at one point tonight????

no way, Ron still ALMOST broke even in my mind with his D. It was a close game even with him shooting like that!!!

He can be blamed for not realizing how the Refs were callin the game, but he was gettin bumped all over.

but really, Come about the 4th Q though you gotta realize they aint gonna call nothing... and you either drive n dish or hit the pullup J.

The Pistons win that cause there was no other option available. JO was denied by Sheed. No one else could hit a shot... Pacer will win game 3

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The reason Rick didn't pull him out is, you got to dance with the one that brought you. Many times Ron has had a bad first half and kicked butt the 2nd half. I'm sure nobody is madder at the way Ronnie played than he is, he'll do better next game, we can't bail on him now.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

i never really wanted rick to yank him for the rest of the game. just bring him out for a minute, calm him down, and tell him to play the shot. all he did was try to draw fouls from prince.

It was the worst I remember Ron playing. Aside from hoisting up 20 some shots he was a non-factor.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

he played damn bad, but then again look at the final score.

Tim

i never really wanted rick to yank him for the rest of the game. just bring him out for a minute, calm him down, and tell him to play the shot. all he did was try to draw fouls from prince.
    This is what I wanted too. Rick seemed to let Ron do his thing way too much. The stuff Al gets ripped for if it happens once or twice.

It isn't the end of the world, Larry Brown made his adjustments and it worked, now its Ricks turn.