Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 105

Thread: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

  1. #1
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    This is all I can really say. OUr GMs are so bad that we just traded a a second round pick for a dude named Stanko and Rudy Fernandez gets traded for cash and only cash. Not to mention we passed on a top 20 prospect in Byars and a top 30 prospect in Green for good ole Stanko. A guy that will probably never see the NBA. Its a good thing we are such a dynasty that we can just waste picks on Euros who will sniff this side of the Atlantic.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #2
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    It's funny to..because every freaking year, we just grab a random *** 7'0 white center. Lorbek, Brezec, Stanko..what the hell DW/LB?

  3. #3
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    i say we suck it up next year and trade Jermaine for a high pick for next year

    ...then we draft Derrick Rose with our first pick and Eric Gordon with our second

  4. #4
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,928

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    You guys will all be proven wrong. My inside sources say that Stanko has, in fact, played basketball before.

  5. #5
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    I really can't say I disagree with you. This franchise has went from contender, to troubled contender, to possible contender with Al Harrington back, to absolute embarassment. It's pathetic and I've had enough with this. We need to tear it all down and rebuild like the Blazers are doing right now. No more compromising the team and "retooling" because a fickle fanbase doesn't respect most of the players - rebuild the damn team first and foremost, a professional sports team is built to WIN GAMES.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    B-town
    Age
    27
    Posts
    886

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Oh chill out, it's a 2nd round draft pick...not gonna make or break a franchise.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    I wouldn't have a problem with getting no pick except for these factors.

    - As you said Rudy Fernandez was traded for cash. We do own a 4 million dollar trade exception. The Suns still had another 1rst round draft choice and the 76ers had the last pick in the 1rst round i'm sure they would have dealt.
    - As you said, Derrick Byars was taken after Stanko. Byars is a shooter who is a complete player. Maybe i'm overratting him but he is defiantly a way better prospect than Stanko.
    - Stanko is no athlete. I'm sorry but in todays game you have to be somewhat mobile. I mean come on now.
    - Many many quality swingmen prospects we could have used.

    I really wish that Bird would get F-I-R-E-D but I know this won't happen. Probably ever.

    But hey we didn't make a big splash tonight but it is probably better that way. Obviously I am suprised that Byars fell so so far but obviously the GMs know something that we don't. He fell for a reason.

    This way we didn't screw up to bad. Stanko won't ever play for us and it's obvious that Bird can't draft a player in the 2nd round that can make our squad.

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh chill out, it's a 2nd round draft pick...not gonna make or break a franchise.
    Its symbolic of what the franchise has done for the past three years. And frankly I am ****ing tired of it. This team specializes in mediocrity. We're the butt of jokes around the NBA now. I don't like that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Of all people to trade for... we get another Lorbek
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #10
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Umm to buy a draft pick Bird and Walsh have little control, besides suggest it... it's all up to the Simon brothers if THEIR money is used to buy a pick...

    On another note, I'm not against certain European players... but we could've clearly gotten a better player/ talent at the 39...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  11. #11
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Guys, if we were playing in the Euroleagues, we would be SO GOOD. For real, Saras + Lorbek and Stanko would have brought us the eurotrophy.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Kind of irrelevant, but the Lakers cannot be pleased with their draft. They lose the option of Randolph, and do not have the pieces to get Garnett.....does this mean JO is the only option they have? eh who cares anymore? Not sure why I am wasting my time typing this message. I have no faith in this organization anymore.

  13. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh chill out, it's a 2nd round draft pick...not gonna make or break a franchise.
    It's not that.

    The question is, what world is Larry Bird living in? Cause it ain't this one.

    Stupidest, and I do mean absolute STUPIDEST, Pacers draft ever. It beat last year, which I thought was difficult.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Well, the question is who dropped the massive Stank bomb....Donnie or Larry?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #15
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Rudy was bought for cash. Koponen was traded for Byars who was taken AFTER Stanko.

    It's apparent that the GM I wish was running the Pacers, is laughing at the entire league right now in PORTLAND

    Oden, Rudy, Koponen, McRoberts, Taurean, Nichols...... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! That's an all rookie team!

  16. #16
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,977
    Mood

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    I'm ****ed off too, but seriously, what did you expect?
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Our new motto...

    Stank-O, Outloud !

    Why Not Us ?


  18. #18
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,091

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny to..because every freaking year, we just grab a random *** 7'0 white center. Lorbek, Brezec, Stanko..what the hell DW/LB?
    Very odd indeed. Lorbek and Saras were major busts from overseas...so the odds are not high. I become more concerned about this franchise every day.

    ....but Brezec should not be lumped in with Lorbek. Primoz was a late 1st round pick that has not played badly in Charlotte considering his draft position. Just look what Harrison has done...nothing at all.

  19. #19
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Oden, Rudy, Koponen, McRoberts, Taurean, Nichols
    That's just sick.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the question is who dropped the massive Stank bomb....Donnie or Larry?
    I really dunno why.. but I swear to God I've never laughed so hard at a forum post in all my life Seriously man, I was in tears for 2 minutes (though some were from the sorrow).

  21. #21

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    This draft suxed and I really wish we would just go into rebuilding mode......Jermaine will not lead us to a championship, so let's just rebuild and dump him. He will have NO trade value if we keep him past this off-season. Bynum/diogu/granger could be VERY good in a few years

  22. #22
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    BTW I'm so done with being a sunshiner for at least right now. I am doom and gloom all the way.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #23
    Member Wu-Gambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Avon, IN
    Posts
    429

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    On the bright side, Stanko could be a poor man's Mouhamed Sene.

  24. #24
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the question is who dropped the massive Stank bomb....Donnie or Larry?
    Smelt it
    dealt it...

    :PacerFans: Felt it

    Why Not Us ?


  25. #25
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,786

    Default Re: Fire Bird, Fire Walsh, Trade JO, Start Over

    i've become fairly certain that the pacer faithful must have collectively wronged someone at some point to merit this ****-tastic karma.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Similar Threads

  1. Grizzlies fire Fratello after disastrous 6-24 start (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 05:50 PM
  2. FIRE Rick!
    By GetOdom in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 12:10 AM
  3. carter on fire
    By ReggieMiller8325 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 11:59 PM
  4. Let's fire Carlisle.....
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •