Thread: Let's Talk about Andrew Bynum!!

Default Let's Talk about Andrew Bynum!!

I think he's a great player. I hope this rumored 4 team trade goes through and would love to see Andrew Bynum and Odom in Pacers uniforms. Bynum has a lot of upside and we can build a team around him, he will truly be a dominant center in this league. I think the one thing that should be done is make sure that Bynum gets lots of playing time, is the starter, and give him the ball, don't worry if he is raw and all this other stuff or if he doesn't produce right away, I really think he can dominate even NOW if you put him in there for 30+ minutes a game. in LA he was always being overshadowed by Mr. Selfish, you need to make him the main guy of the team to get the best out of him. I think that's the reason Kobe wanted him out, he knows Bynum can take over the team and be the main guy, and it bet the Laker FO knew that, but obviously kobe is selfish. And also I feel Bynum is one of those players who will improve through experience and playing right away rather than sitting and watching.
    Last edited by AndrewBynum17; 06-26-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Default Re: Let's Talk about Andrew Bynum!!

1. The trade's already dead.

2. We've been talking about him for weeks.

3. Please use paragraphs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. The trade's already dead.

2. We've been talking about him for weeks.
    link?

And what do you think about him?

He's gonna be the next Shaq with high FT percentage.
    Last edited by AndrewBynum17; 06-26-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's not.
    Last edited by Coop; 06-26-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

The original 4 version is dead. But report is T'wolves are not sold on Lakers package and they might try to bring other teams in. So not totally dead as far as Pacer involvement not saying likely but not 100% dead.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    The original 4 version is dead. But report is T'wolves are not sold on Lakers package and they might try to bring other teams in. So not totally dead as far as Pacer involvement not saying likely but not 100% dead.
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...441&i=59580487

Enjoy your time at PD!

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

let say we get him i tell ya what im very a game on on nba live dynasty mode and when this guy at 24 he going the "bleep" whatever side of the ball he might be smilar to duncan than shaq if we get him it going take some time but as us pacers fans we dont wanna wait we want the championship now in less 5 years...
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmusicxboxpacer View Post
    let say we get him i tell ya what im very a game on on nba live dynasty mode and when this guy at 24 he going the "bleep" whatever side of the ball he might be smilar to duncan than shaq if we get him it going take some time but as us pacers fans we dont wanna wait we want the championship now in less 5 years...
    I don't think it is going to take much time for him. I really think he is ready NOW. That is just my opinion. It looks like he's been playing under Kobe's shadow the whole time and phil is a big politician. I really think if you get him playing time in 2 years Indy will be a contender. Remember, it's the Eastern Conference!

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

i see the kobe shadow part but i honestly said 3 to 4 years for AB
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmusicxboxpacer View Post
    i see the kobe shadow part but i honestly said 3 to 4 years for AB
    3-4 years from now?? or when he first entered the league? I think when he first entered the league, which was 2 years ago. So that would make it 1-2 years from NOW. That's what I'm thinking. Also Bynum himself has said his goal is to make the all-star game by his 4th year in the league. He is going to enter his 3rd right now.

honestly you can never really judge a guy's talent and how good he really is alongside kobe. Cuz you how it is with kobe, it's kobe's show and that's it. The fact that Bynum has averaged 8 and 6 and almost 2 bpg with only like 20 minutes of play, playing alongside KOBE, AND being in and out of the starting lineup due to phil's politician butt says something.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBynum17 View Post
    honestly you can never really judge a guy's talent and how good he really is alongside kobe. Cuz you how it is with kobe, it's kobe's show and that's it.
    I dunno. Shaq didn't do too shabby with him.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    I dunno. Shaq didn't do too shabby with him.
    right but shaq was right in his prime in his mid 20s and the #1
    Kobe was understood as the #2,

but with bynum he is coming in, only 19 (shaq wasn't even in the NBA at 19) and given almost no playing time, and Kobe is understood as the #1.

19 yr old Bynum is far more developed than 19 yr old Shaq.

Serious though bynum is the gem in this blockbuster trade.

Out of all the potential players moving when it is all said and done i think Bynum will be considered greater than all of them.
    of course i can't prove that but that is just my feeling.
    Last edited by AndrewBynum17; 06-26-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Good point. I would have to say Odom has done well during his time in LA though. I don't think its as much of Kobe not letting Bynum produce as it is the coaching staff not ready to give a young center that much responsibility. The development of big men is critical and takes time. If he's rushed, he may never reach his full potential.

Good point. I would have to say Odom has done well during his time in LA though. I don't think its as much of Kobe not letting Bynum produce as it is the coaching staff not ready to give a young center that much responsibility. The development of big men is critical and takes time. If he's rushed, he may never reach his full potential.
    No believe me when I saw games on ESPN and TNT (they televise a lot of Lakers Nationally as you probably know) I always noticed Kobe and Odom at times purposely not getting him the ball and ignoring him. I'm not kidding here I really saw it a lot when i watched those nationally televised games. I was always wondering about that. But a lot of it is probably the coaching staff too i guess.

About the big men taking time and should not be rushed, is that well known? Fill me in on it, i don't know too much about it for the NBA.
    The only thing I know about that is the debate with NFL QBs. like with Peyton he played his rookie season and got good experience. I was thinking the same with Bynum

WOW dude I am just listening right now to FOX SPORTS RADIO and George Sodano is saying Indiana gets the best value of the 4 team blockbuster trade if they get odom and bynum. Anyone else listening?

With younger players it's more about maturity than anything. If a 19 year old goes in a month long slump, he's going to be much less likely to dig himself out of it then a player who has been around for a couple more years. I personally don't think Bynum is ready, so I don't feel you can just throw him out to the wolves and let him learn on his own. Also, you don't want to give a player like Bynum more responsibility than he can handle. Pressure can destroy young players.

With younger players it's more about maturity than anything. If a 19 year old goes in a month long slump, he's going to be much less likely to dig himself out of it then a player who has been around for a couple more years. I personally don't think Bynum is ready, so I don't feel you can just throw him out to the wolves and let him learn on his own. Also, you don't want to give a player like Bynum more responsibility than he can handle. Pressure can destroy young players.
    right, but there is also a flipside IMO. Like if a player doesn't get pressured and doesn't have the spotlight on him early he might keep being treated as "the future" until one day the future is gone. And also he might get used to being in that position and get comfortable as being the non-star and then never develop that leadership and live up to the future.

Also given Indy isn't as big a market as LA there won't be as much pressure if he encounters a few slumps. I think Bynum knows enough about pressure, I mean he is expected to contribute being drafted that high and the first lottery pick in a long time for the Lakers, and he's in LA.

It is a careful balance. But then again I really don't know if you can say he's ready or not given the circumstances he was in. I think he's ready in that he can dominate but not ready in terms of Consistency. That's my take. Cuz he has definitely shown huge strides and had some great games in limited times this past season, but consistency and foul trouble seem to be problems. What would be the best way to develop the consistency? That's the question. Then again it's hard to judge when you are playing with kobe and in that situation.
    Last edited by AndrewBynum17; 06-26-2007 at 02:41 AM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba...?urn=nba,37714

Well looks like we could still get him!

The Los Angeles Clippers are believed to have settled on Georgia Tech freshman Javaris Crittenton at No. 14, satisfying their need for a young point guard with Shaun Livingston's future uncertain.
    That will end up being the wrong move by LAC. IF YOU HAVE A DIRE NEED AT PG BUT ARE SET AT MOST OTHER POSITIONS TRY TO WIN NOW AND DRAFT A GUY THAT IS NBA READY!!!!

Who's Andrew Bynum?

Seriously, if Law falls, which I can't believe he would, but if he does, we need to trade in and get him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

so you guys think we'll still get him??

I heard bird is holding onto JO cuz the lakers are prolly gonna end up being forced to make the trade with bynum and odom for JO to appease kobe.

streets ahead

if bird wants bynum i want no part of that kid. from now on you ask bird what he thinks and do the exact opposite.
    This is the darkest timeline.