Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 407

Thread: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

  1. #201
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats, but I think it was pretty obvious what the deal would be like

  2. #202

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think they would give up a Green/West/Ratliff/#5 package for JO?

    Not saying I'd do it, but since you seem to be the resident Celtics expert, I'm curious.
    Not really a Celtics expert by any means, but I do hear the drunken boastings of Bostonians every day.

    I haven't met a single Celtics fan that has any interest in adding JO to the team at really any reasonable cost (Green OR the #5 pick, let alone both.)

  3. #203

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really a Celtics expert by any means, but I do hear the drunken boastings of Bostonians every day.

    I haven't met a single Celtics fan that has any interest in adding JO to the team at really any reasonable cost (Green OR the #5 pick, let alone both.)
    Of course, I could have just posted the bold part.

    No one here is anything but a Red Sox fan or a person that hates everyone else, typically both.

  4. #204
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't met a single Celtics fan that has any interest in adding JO to the team at really any reasonable cost (Green OR the #5 pick, let alone both.)
    Same. JO isn't exactly a well-liked player around these parts because of our recent playoff escapades with the Celts and they don't like his game anyway.

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...it looks like Ainge pulled out.
    His father should have been as smart.

  6. #206
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His father should have been as smart.
    Oh Burn.

  7. #207
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Watch, the Pacers will trade JO for KG, then trade KG to LA for Bynum, Odom, and the 19...

    And then Paris Hilton will score a 147 on an IQ test.

  8. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Ainge is letting the fans run the team...that's comical.
    Ainge running the team is more comical.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Tom White is on a roll!

  10. #210
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,715

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think they would give up a Green/West/Ratliff/#5 package for JO?

    Not saying I'd do it, but since you seem to be the resident Celtics expert, I'm curious.
    actually at Celtic RealGM fans were very receptive and in favor of a deal like:

    O'Neal, Tinsley
    West, Green, Ratliff, Szczerbiak #5


    they actually have quite a bit of interest in o'neal on their board... just not at the cost of jefferson. they also would rather give two of #5, west, green but said they could live with the deal.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  11. #211
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    It's funny....but if any of these rumors are true.......Odom's ego must be doing great right now. The TWolves ( and some PD fans like myself ) just want him for his trade value and what he can get in return if he is sent to a 3rd team ( Expiring Contract / top 10 draft pick ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #212

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    I guess that could be considered a source, but I'll go with the paying customers I've spoken with over the sea of 11 year olds at RealGM.

  13. #213
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,715

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that could be considered a source, but I'll go with the paying customers I've spoken with over the sea of 11 year olds at RealGM.
    i didn't say i had a source really... just saying that trade had been floated over there and they were quite receptive to it because they'd keep jefferson and pierce, add an allstar (still the east) big man and defender, keep rondo and they have allen and ray at SG developing, plus perkins, gomes, powe at other positions. it makes sense to me.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  14. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashed_Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone gonna believe Walsh?
    Yeah, I do. Look at it this way. If Bird, McHale and Ainge are having a conversation, would YOU really want to listen to them?

  15. #215

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i didn't say i had a source really... just saying that trade had been floated over there and they were quite receptive to it because they'd keep jefferson and pierce, add an allstar (still the east) big man and defender, keep rondo and they have allen and ray at SG developing, plus perkins, gomes, powe at other positions. it makes sense to me.
    I wasn't being as dismissive as that came off, sorry. I just am only speaking from what I know and have heard.

  16. #216
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i didn't say i had a source really... just saying that trade had been floated over there and they were quite receptive to it because they'd keep jefferson and pierce, add an allstar (still the east) big man and defender, keep rondo and they have allen and ray at SG developing, plus perkins, gomes, powe at other positions. it makes sense to me.
    Makes sense to me as well. It's a decent bit of value for JO.

    I'm not sure I like our roster afterwards, though. Our frontcourt would be somewhat iffy (I'm not a big believer in Ike). Plus we'd have a lot of pretty bad contracts, meaning it would be kind of hard to dig our way out.

    Foster - Harrison
    Murphy - Ike - Baston
    Granger - Shawne - Dunleavy
    Wally - Greene - Quis
    West - McLeod - Greene

    And we'd have the #5.

    I'm not sure it's a step up, but it's interesting.
    Last edited by Anthem; 06-25-2007 at 09:26 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #217
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,622

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Tom. Stop it. You're making my sides hurt.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  18. #218
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,427

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually at Celtic RealGM fans were very receptive and in favor of a deal like:

    O'Neal, Tinsley
    West, Green, Ratliff, Szczerbiak #5

    they actually have quite a bit of interest in o'neal on their board... just not at the cost of jefferson. they also would rather give two of #5, west, green but said they could live with the deal.
    I like that deal for several reasons. We immediately have a fresh look at PG. West is very young and very solid. We get young talent with the #5 pick and Green. We get an excellent shooter with Wally. There are major financial incentives as well. We get cap relief with Ratliff. Wally also comes off the books just in time to re-sign Granger and Ike. That is HUGE cap relief. We might even get lucky and see Horford drop to #5.

  19. #219
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,911

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like that deal for several reasons. We immediately have a fresh look at PG. West is very young and very solid. We get young talent with the #5 pick and Green. We get an excellent shooter with Wally. There are major financial incentives as well. We get cap relief with Ratliff. Wally also comes off the books just in time to re-sign Granger and Ike. That is HUGE cap relief. We might even get lucky and see Horford drop to #5.
    I can only imagine what type of lineup we would have. We would have an endless rotation of SG/SF. Hmm...small ball for the next 2 season....sounds like fun.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-25-2007 at 09:51 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster - Harrison
    Murphy - Ike - Baston
    Granger - Shawne - Dunleavy
    Wally - Greene - Quis
    West - McLeod - Greene
    .
    How about?

    Murphy/Foster/#5
    Granger/IKE
    Wally/Shawne
    Greene/Quis
    West/McLeod

  21. #221
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Perhaps this has already been said, But Ainge CANNOT poullout of any deal. He already owes us big time.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  22. #222
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about?

    Murphy/Foster/#5
    Granger/IKE
    Wally/Shawne
    Greene/Quis
    West/McLeod
    We're wasting Granger if we play him at PF. Same with Shawne.

    And where's Dunleavy in this lineup?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #223
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, the irony. He's a marginally better player, although just as bad of a teammate, as somebody the Pacers recently unloaded but you're a huge fan of.

    However, since LG33 is the king of tongue-in-cheek humor, I doubt he was serious.
    I disagree. I like Ricky more with where his game and personality have gone. Back in I think 03-04 playoffs he jawed all game with 4 stupid drunks in front of me that were taunting him. He seems to have shifted from being that childish type of player since then.

    I would have traded Jackson for Davis straight up at any point the last 2 seasons. Better handles, same passion, a bit quicker, quicker shot too.

  24. #224
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    Yall aren't satisfied with receiving the most talent the Pacers franchise has ever gotten in a trade...(except possibly DD for JO)

    Detlef called, he's revoked your Pacers fan license.

  25. #225
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Lakers/Minnesota/Pacers/possible 4th team in talks

    If we're doing a deal with Boston, and we're getting back Wally/Ratliff/Greene/West/#5, then we'd actually be ok to include Murphy instead of Tinsley. Which I'd be fine with. Or we could include both, and they throw in Scalabrine and the #32.

    Our contract situation would be a TON better, and we wouldn't be much worse as a team.
    Last edited by Anthem; 06-25-2007 at 10:36 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. Rumored talks: Al to GS in proposed 4-team trade
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 09:17 PM
  2. Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers
    By Isaac in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM
  3. Bball Talks Pacers
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 10:25 AM
  4. Rumor - Pacers-Raps-Lakers 3 team deal
    By Jermaniac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 06:02 AM
  5. lakers fans think pacers are in talks about shaq
    By t-Bone in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •