Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chauncey Billups Opts Out

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chauncey Billups Opts Out

This is not a shot at Kstat because I think he/she is a very rational poster but I've seen many Piston fans go absolutely crazy over this. They were really sour over Grant Hill leaving back in the day and many of them wanted Ben Wallace's head after he signed for more money too. They really take this stuff personal and seem to forget it is a business sometimes more than other fans.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not a shot at Kstat because I think he/she is a very rational poster but I've seen many Piston fans go absolutely crazy over this. They were really sour over Grant Hill leaving back in the day and many of them wanted Ben Wallace's head after he signed for more money too. They really take this stuff personal and seem to forget it is a business sometimes more than other fans.
    1. Piston fans were bitter at grant Hill because he lied to the face of Dumars and was about to leave for LESS money. Even Grant Hill admits he didn't handle it properly.

2. People were ****ed at Ben because he left for the Bulls, of all teams. Money was just the excuse to be angry.

3. I have yet to hear Piston fans be mad at chauncey over this. Everyone expects us to offer him the most money.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    1. Piston fans were bitter at grant Hill because he lied to the face of Dumars and was about to leave for LESS money. Even Grant Hill admits he didn't handle it properly.

2. People were ****ed at Ben because he left for the Bulls, of all teams. Money was just the excuse to be angry.

3. I have yet to hear Piston fans be mad at chauncey over this. Everyone expects us to offer him the most money.

Sorry Brother Chauncey is gone forever.

woman without a team

I don't know why any Pistons fan would be mad at Grant for leaving. Look at the small amount of playing time he's had since leaving Detroit.

In other news, my sources have confirmed that Michael Jordan is coming out of retirement to play for Maccabi Tel-Aviv.
    It's a different game over there. Jordan did fine in the NBA, sure, but the Euroleague relies on fundamentals, not flashy moves like Jordan has. Plus, they play a much more intellectual and complicated defense that doesn't rely on American crutches like skill and athleticism. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good player... I'm sure he could come off the bench and score some points against the other team's subs. But you can't expect him to dominate just because he did so in the NBA. The NBA is built to cater to superstar players, but FIBA plays the game The Right Way.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Cro will dominate Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Sorry Brother Chauncey is gone forever.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ITS NOT TRUUUUUUUUUUUUE!

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I don't know why any Pistons fan would be mad at Grant for leaving. Look at the small amount of playing time he's had since leaving Detroit.
    It's the principle of the thing. He disrespected Joe Dumars.

That said, he's served his time. Most would welcome him back on more time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ITS NOT TRUUUUUUUUUUUUE!
    Defensive much? Now it just comes across as over-compensating.

It's a ridiculous discussion, aimed only to get a rise out of me. I'm just giving the people what they want...

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

It's a ridiculous discussion, aimed only to get a rise out of me. I'm just giving the people what they want...
    since you're in a giving mood...i wouldn't mind some chocolate

I seem to remember whenever a "big name" guy opts out that there is a topic about it.

I doubt that whoever made this thread thought "Oh wow,I cant wait to make this thread to get under kstat's skin".

It was a pacers fan with wishfull thinking that we could sign him. (Which will never happen)

You must really think alot of yourself stat.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

.....did you take the time to read this thread before you posted that?

Banned

My super secret sources (alliteration) tell me that Joe Dumars is going to opt out of his contract as well. He and Chauncy are getting better offers from the Shock. Plus they can go play with the other girls.. BONUS.

Thats just to clear up any confusion that this thread isn't to get a rise out of you. That will be all.

[Kstat]Everyone knew Chauncey would opt out including Joe Dumars. It's simply a matter of business and a way for him to be paid according to the current market. We know we're going to make him a great offer and he'll return. We will reward him accordingly for his greatness and what he means, and has meant, to the team.

And if we don't resign him... Then he sucks and was never important to the team in the first place. He's on the downside of his career and easily replaced by better and cheaper options. [/Kstat]

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    It's a different game over there. Jordan did fine in the NBA, sure, but the Euroleague relies on fundamentals, not flashy moves like Jordan has. Plus, they play a much more intellectual and complicated defense that doesn't rely on American crutches like skill and athleticism. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good player... I'm sure he could come off the bench and score some points against the other team's subs. But you can't expect him to dominate just because he did so in the NBA. The NBA is built to cater to superstar players, but FIBA plays the game The Right Way.
    You know - there's more truth to that than you may want to think. There are not many MJ's to say the least, and Europe figured it out already.

But it's the arrogance that really bothers me here. A total lack of respect for others and a self-centered universe. Maybe that's why Americans are the most hated people in the world...

And as for Chauncey - he's just playing the business game, which in a hard-a$$ capitalistic world means - "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" - or in other words - greedy baastard.

Ive read this whole thread...you just become a child whenever something is mentioned about your team.You've been on the defensive in every post youve had in this thread.Why?

Because Chauncey opted out?...If you are that confindent that you will resign him, why put yourself down to the level that you feel people are trying to pull you down to?.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Quote Originally Posted by NPFII View Post
    Maybe that's why Americans are the most hated people in the world...
    What about cannibals? Nobody likes them.

And as for Chauncey - he's just playing the business game, which in a hard-a$$ capitalistic world means - "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" - or in other words - greedy baastard.
    Yeah...what a dick. It's not like he should be paid according to how good he is at his job or anything. Chauncey's worse than Kenneth Lay.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm so sick and tired of people blaming the player's for how much they are paid. The players are paid according to how well they play, how good they are at their jobs. Sure some are overpaid, but there isn't an industry in the world that doesn't have employees that are overpaid at some level or another. Its downright silly to think that some of these people wouldn't be playing basketball if the salaries were lower. A market created by agents, fans, and owners and to a lesser extent the players has created these contracts. To think that if they lowered salaries tomorrow all NCAA players are going to say well F*** this I am going to go become a science major and work for NASA is just silly.

EDIT: NPFII this isn't even aimed at you really just had to voice my feelings on how players get paid.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You know - there's more truth to that than you may want to think. There are not many MJ's to say the least, and Europe figured it out already.

But it's the arrogance that really bothers me here. A total lack of respect for others and a self-centered universe. Maybe that's why Americans are the most hated people in the world...

Beautiful.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!