7 15.56%
  • Naptown_Seth

12 26.67%
  • Peck

7 15.56%
  • Unclebuck

16 35.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Unclebuck !

Mood

Default 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Unclebuck !

Nominees:

able
    Mal
    Naptown_Seth
    Peck
    Unclebuck

Default Re: 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Closes 6/26

Well it's pretty obvious that the Able/Mal combo is the most valuable to this site, by far. But I think I'll vote for a nonadmin for this one. It just seems right, for some reason. So given that, my vote is for Seth. He brought a surge of energy and quality to this board that it had been missing. (I guess he was brave enough to still post full-bore during a season like this?) Props.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Closes 6/26

I second SIG, but I think the vote should go to Unclebuck.

UB was head and shoulders above all posters this season including veterans and newcomers. He could deliver his opinion calmly, analytically and succinctly. And he held his posting presence even while other veterans wavered. UB deserves a lifetime achievement award for his performance this season, but I'll vote for him in the "lesser" category of MVP. Either way, he should a long deserved recognition.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 06-24-2007 at 03:26 AM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I agree LA, I really like UB as a poster because he is knowledgeable yet never puts himself on another plane above someone else. However, UB still has his own opinions and you can see these come out when he posts.

I'd give runner-up to Seth this year.

Mood

If UB starts a dynasty of MVPs, maybe after, say, 6 MVPs we can "retire" him from the vote and rename it the Unclebuck Most Valuable Poster award.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

While admittedly I don't always have the time to read every thread, I find Unclebuck's posts seem to stick out in my memory. And he gave us Kings fans some very good advice... so, for those reasons I've given him my vote.

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

I appreciate all the kind words.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for, I usually vote for Peck without any hesitation and while he is without question my favorite poster, his lack of posting over the past 12 months makes me question whether I can vote for him as MVP.

I always vote UB or Peck for this. Usually I have to struggle but this year UB is an easy choice. Tbird would have made an interesting nominee.

Hicks and able are both interesting because of their value to the forum - they should co-win some sort of career award but IMO Peck and UB are the two basketball-related posters who really help drive the forum - the guys who the discussion wouldn't be close to the same without.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Gotta represent my draft class and go with Seth.

Good luck on getting the first ROY/MVP since Wes Unseld.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's a damn shame that Jay or BBall aren't on this list. Either one of them would get my vote. I guess their harsh (yet correct) views on management have made them a tad less popular.

It's hard to vote for Peck for this because of his lack of posting. It's like voting for a player who put up great statistics, but only played in 55 games of the season.

I think I'll go for Seth. I disagree with some of what he says, but I am impressed with the effort he makes to put together a solid post. His knowledge and love of the Pacers are obvious. He spurred alot of great arguments this past year, and I think the forum needed a new quality poster.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-24-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta go with UB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'm voting for Able, and not because of any of the technical stuff. He's got a clear, consistent view of the team, what the problems are and what the solutions should be, and he articulates them very well and without equivocation. That's an extremely daunting feat in today's environment.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If UB starts a dynasty of MVPs, maybe after, say, 6 MVPs we can "retire" him from the vote and rename it the Unclebuck Most Valuable Poster award.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

That figures, I just assumed that Bball would have made the list so I didn't make the time to semd in my nomination.

Now its a tough call.

Seth might get my vote if I could find something that I agree with him about. I really like what Mal & Able have ment to this site & Peck has had a very down year while Uncle Buck has continued to shine pretty much year after year.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I've gone with Seth - his abillity to create a debate is whats needed in these forums for a lively conversation/discussion

While I appreciate being nominated and all, and I truely am thankfull for those who voted for me.

I really should not be considered for this award this year. I don't have probably 100 posts to my name since January of this year and frankly I haven't written a post worth reading since back when Ron Artest was still on the team.

I didn't even nominate anyone or vote in any of the awards this year.

However I will vote in this one.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

UB's loyalty to the pacers and to pd gets my vote for him. Congrats to one of the all time greats, if there was a pd hall of fame, he would be a first ballot hall of famer.

I'm voting for Seth, but all of the candidates are incredibly important and I respect all of them.

Banned

All worthy posters, however I have to go with "Seth the Rumbler", he challenges posters to think outside the box, and always is ready for the challenge of a rumble, I mean debate.
    Last edited by Elgin56; 06-25-2007 at 10:15 PM.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I think it's a damn shame that Jay or BBall aren't on this list. Either one of them would get my vote. I guess their harsh (yet correct) views on management have made them a tad less popular.
    I think that's nonsense to be honest.

I think this year the poster I missed most was Peck. I would really like him to come back to frequently posting. His posts contain it all, in-depth, humour, strong opinion, etc.

Seth has been a very valuable addition this year and Able and Mal both bring this site to life and that in itself should get praise.

My vote goes to Unclebuck this year. Just the best poster, adds interesting stuff quite frequently, and he is one of those posters that keeps having class even in frustrating periods.

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I actually went with Mal, though UB is huge too. I guess my personal experience has featured more instances where it seemed Mal was holding s*** together and mending fences, but who knows, I probably confused UBs efforts with Mal's half the time.

Able of course goes without saying as M.I. Non-Poster. If he wasn't running the show his posts wouldn't be frequent enough to merit MVP, but we all know that underneath he's a huge factor.

Peck I just don't see around enough, though I tip my hat to him for how he's interacted with me from an admin POV. Actually I've yet to have a bad admin experience, at least when any of them don that hat. As just regular posters their a bunch of....

BTW, the forum parties have been great. I think the Star has a similar core as PD actually which is why I hate the in-fighting, but it gets lost in the wash of trolling that goes unchecked. But here you really get to hear the full range of opinions on the team and honestly from most people (esp at those parties) it's a pretty reasoned few. You hear 3 views that don't really agree and honestly they all make good points.

Then Peck starts off on a Dale tangent and it goes all to hell.

I haven't commented on any of the polls, as I never do, since I feel that I vote and it is a visible vote, I do not explain why I vote as I feel it speaks for itself.

This one however is a whole different cookie

First of all, thanks to those who even nominated me, silly but thank you nonetheless, the voters, well I respect these people'sw opinion greatly and know them personally to be very good people, but ... Oh well why would I question your wisdom

Seth is right, I posted nowhere near enough to even be on this list, what I do otherwise is not "important" IMO.

Peck, same as me, maybe we lack time, maybe we lack the feeling at the moment, but still we do not post enough.

I have not voted yet because I have not made up my mind yet, as simple as that.

I will vote later today, and if it isn't "clear" in my mind I will flip a coin, but whoever I don't vote for, remember you made it a hard decision for me.

thanks
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Congratulations, Unclebuck !

Default Re: 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Unclebuck !

Oh no, the awards are over?! What will we find to talk about now?

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Unclebuck !

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Oh no, the awards are over?! What will we find to talk about now?

Paris Hilton got out of Jail today.

Lindsay Lohan Plans to Stay in Rehab.

Well done Unclebuck! And congratulations to all the candidate's!