Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoopsworld: J. O'Neal to Denver?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Hoopsworld: J. O'Neal to Denver?

I see Nene basically as having the same qualities as Ike, but more polished. I don't see a need for him on our team, especially not with his injury history. I don't want him.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Nene is a very nice player, I was extremely impressed with him in their series with the Spurs. I'd really like to have him. Camby if he can stay healthy is a great defender - no question about that.

I have to give this some more thought.

I do have a question how come none of these "reported" deals do the Pacers not acquire either a shooting guard or a point guard.

Yeah, even in this speculated deal with Denver materialized, we gotta come up with some Gs someplace. Camby is a shot blocking beast but I can take him or leave him. Injury prone and getting up in age. Nene I like and he took a big step last year in returning to his pre-knee injury form. Not an ideal deal for us unless a precursor to further moves IMO.

One thing that is rather clear though, the Pacers are actively looking to trade JO, they aren't just answring the phones and taking calls, they are actively pursuing a trade for JO

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think NBA media members are just dreaming these deals, then looking for a wall to throw this crap on to see what sticks...

I'm not getting excited about anything until a deal gets done. I'm more then ever convinced that the Q&A in the paper was legit about J.O. being around.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think NBA media members are just dreaming these deals, then looking for a wall to throw this crap on to see what sticks...

I don't think they are just dreaming up deals - I just think teams talk about trades every day, but still only a small fraction leak out. The question is, is this Denver discussion for real or not, I have no doubt it's been discussed, the pacers have always liked Camby and also really liked Nene - so yes this one makes sense. And we know the Nugs are willing to trade for anyone at anytime. So I tend to believe that real talks have taken place here, - now of course that doesn't mean a trade is going to take place

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Nene is a very nice player, I was extremely impressed with him in their series with the Spurs. I'd really like to have him. Camby if he can stay healthy is a great defender - no question about that.

I have to give this some more thought.

I do have a question how come none of these "reported" deals do the Pacers not acquire either a shooting guard or a point guard.
    Because JOB has probably convinced Bird that he wants Tinsley to stay [there's been more than enough hints at that]. And Bird probably still thinks we can do just fine with a bunch of SF's and just one true SG [Daniels].

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Because JOB has probably convinced Bird that he wants Tinsley to stay [there's been more than enough hints at that]. And Bird probably still thinks we can do just fine with a bunch of SF's and just one true SG [Daniels].
    Forgot to mention that I want Steve Blake out of this deal.

Can anyone here e-mail Mike Wells or another writer if these discussions are infact real?
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    I hope the love-fest with Tinsley is a smoke screen...but if not....

I want major changes this summer, but if Tinsley stays as starting PG, I retract all of that and do NOT want JO traded..and in fact I want to stand pat and attempt another run with a new coach.

First, I think the team is good enough to make the playoffs if healthy. Not good enough to contend, but they can get in at #8. Second, I don't think Tinsley as starting PG is a good #1 option on offense...which he will do all year if JO is not in there. Imagine a full year of missed layups. I will not be watching, so have a good time. Third, I don't want him around the young'ns so I don't want any draft picks.

Go ahead. Burn another year.

As a rule, I tend to doubt anything out of hoopsworld
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nene and Camby for JO makes about zero sense from our persepective.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Nene and Camby for JO makes about zero sense from our persepective.
    I completely agree.....I have no idea why we would even consider adding 2 starting quality Big Men when we already have 1 that is immoveable ( Murphy ), one that is a backup rotational Big Man that will get some minutes ( Foster ) and one that we have to develop ( Ike ).

This trade makes no sense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Camby and Nene have smaller contracts easier to move and perhaps package with a Tinsley or Murphy.

Nene played very well in the playoffs vs the Spurs 15 ppg , 8 rpg and shot 59%, showed his knee is healthy and at 24 has a good upside. Can play both pf and center.

If this trade is made Camby the NBA 's DPOY will anchor the defense , solid rebounder and shot blocker.

I'm guessing if it happens Bird/Walsh have plans on how to help the backcourt. Its still early in the off season -nothing official has happened yet , so no reason to get irratated by rumors .

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Worst. Trade. Ever.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Mood

This trade idea is even worse than the LA stuff. Next.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    One thing that is rather clear though, the Pacers are actively looking to trade JO, they aren't just answring the phones and taking calls, they are actively pursuing a trade for JO
    If you believe everything you're told, yes. But surely you see that a good portion of this is just speculation?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    As a rule, I tend to doubt anything out of hoopsworld
    Bingo. Bunch of fiction writers.

I don't believe that Jermaine will end up in Denver.

I do believe that is a place he would like to play and that Denver is interested and that the Pacers have talked to them. Same goes for Dallas. I'm sure we will be hearing a lot of Jermaine to _________ in the next few weeks or so. Probably forever until Jermaine is out of Indiana. But it will likely be nothing more than the Pacers are the other team having a discussion about a trade involing Jermaine.

But they just don't have what would be attractive for us to deal Jermaine.

For one thing I think that Nene is BYC. Good luck making that trade work.

Now getting Nene isn't bad. He is a real nice player. Camby is a great defender but I would perfere to send him to a third team. Maybe adding JR Smith and a 1rst to the deal might make the Pacers think twice before they turn it down. But Smith has some issues although a pretty good player at a position we suck at.

Thought of a 3 way trade for Jermaine, don't see it happening but about the only way it would even work under the CBA for the Nuggets to get Jermaine.

Pacers Get: Nene, Smith, Najeria, Knight, Future 1rst Via Denver, 22nd Pick.
    Nuggets Get: Jermaine
    Bobcats Get: Marcus Camby

I don't think I would be all over that deal but certainly if we really wanted to trade Jermaine it isn't the very worst we could do. Not saying the Bobcats would do it although they might. Just giving an example of what a deal would have to be if the Nuggets land Jermaine. A third team would almost have to be involed due to Nene's BYC status because the Pacers aren't taking Kenyon Martin back that's for sure.

I just don't see this happening

Banned

I cannot see Denver making another big deal and trading both their big men for another 10 plus year vet. Don't see it. Indi would consider a package centered around Nene, but Denver has no picks, while the Lakers have theirs. Plus, and I think Bynum has a bit more upside than Nene, though Nene is a bit better right now. But Bynum is all center, while Nene is more of a 4. By the way, if the Celtics were that hot to trot for JO, I would think they would rather trade Green and expirings, along with the #5 pick for JO. This would save them Jefferson, while adding JO. Maybe Boston still does that trade, but you guys have to get some size back for JO, so Bynum is pretty clearly better than Noah. Conley probably would not be there anyway. Green or the #19? Probably Green, but you can pick anyone you want 19, and maybe you guys want more of a PG. Plus, all of the other picks, including #40. I still think Walsh and Bird take Bynum and the picks for a guy who may be out of dodge anyways.

Banned

Boston was willing to deal Jefferson and the pick for KG. To me, that either tells me one of 3 things:

1.JO to LA is completed
    2. Boston would rather have KG and Greene than JO and Jefferson
    3. Boston may still revisit the JO deal, as maybe it is an offer from the Pacers that they are not comfortable with.

My guess is that something must not be great between the Pacers and Celts if the Celts completed the KG deal. In my opinion, keepoing Jefferson and trading Green and the pick for JO would make them better. Maybe they disagree or maybe JO is already heading elsewhere. Who knows? But I do think JO is getting traded; I am not sure about KG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Bingo. Bunch of fiction writers.
    Haha, that's kind of funny. I'm an (aspiring) fiction writer. Maybe I should call up the folks at HW and discuss some of the craft. They've sure as heck been published more than I have.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

LINK

Sounds like they did have a part discussion but no where as serious as the LA one. which is cool!

According to a league source, the Denver Nuggets have entered into negotiations with the Indiana Pacers with regard to acquiring forward Jermaine O'Neal. The source said the deal being discussed involves Marcus Camby and Nene going to the Pacers for O'Neal. The aforementioned deal would work under the cap.

Another potential deal which reportedly has been discussed is Camby, Eduardo Najera and Reggie Evans going to the Pacers for O'Neal. However, the source indicated there is little incentive for the Pacers to complete a deal like this because it does not help them rebuild with any younger players. The Nuggets would much prefer to pull the trigger on the latter deal as opposed to the former because it would allow them to keep the 24-year-old Nene and team him up with O'Neal. The source indicated, however, the Pacers are adamant about having Nene involved in any deal for O'Neal.

By acquiring Camby and Nene, the Pacers would be responsible for the remaining three years on Camby's contract. However, in Nene the Pacers would also get a young player who played at an All-Star level the final two months of the regular season which might be enough to entice them to take on the risk that comes with acquiring a veteran player with a fairly extensive injury history such as the 33-year-old Camby.

Despite what the league source said, Denver Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien informed Basketball News early Saturday morning that there is nothing to the rumors and that no trade for O'Neal is imminent. Another member of the organization didn't deny that Denver had interest in O'Neal but said no substantial trade discussions have taken place.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i understand that this rumor is all speculation at this point, but it's not as one-sided as i first thought.

consider the rumored lakers deal vs nuggets - would you rather have odom and bynum or camby and nene? ignoring salaries for the moment, i would pick camby over odom, while bynum probably has a higher ceiling than nene. so the 2 packages are comparable, imo.

the stickler is the contracts. odom has 2 years left while bynum is still on rookie scale - financially that's very attractive. camby has 3 years left while nene has 4 years left of a murphy-like contract - not nice with our current situation.

so denver imo has to add more incentive. chiefly, they'd have to take troy murphy in exchange for najera's expiring deal (assuming najera doesn't exercise his opt out). this works under trade checker

j.o. and murphy for camby, nene, najera

if the deal is done after the draft, i believe the nuggets can also tack on their 2008 #1. other assets the nuggets have - steve blake, but he's a free agent so would have to agree to a s&t; j.r. smith, but his issues will probably scare the pacers away; linas kleiza, promising forward but we're stacked at his position.