Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

  1. #26
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I'm just waiting for some uber-trade, in which JO, Kobe, KG, TMac, Amare, Dirk, and 20 lesser players all get shuffled around.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Josh Howard + Devin Harris is all that would work. Howard by himself isn't enough and neither is any combination of anything else on the Mavs (not counting Irk).

    And even then, I like both the Lakers and Celtics potential deals better in the long run. Harris has never impressed me. Good defender but his point guard skills are lacking and he's not a good shooter at all.

  3. #28
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,785

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a troll, just offering some perspective here ... Some of you may remember me from previous Mavs / Pacers trades ... in short, I've been around a while and frequently read your board. You guys have a great board here and are probably some of the most knowledgable fans in the league. That said ....

    Let's not forget the Mavs did win 67-games, making them one of the best regular season teams in the history of the NBA. They hit a hot shooting buzzsaw in the playoffs. And the Warriors were the one team that provided the single greatest matchup problem for Dallas ... from the Warriors big backcourt to small frontcourt to heavy reliance on the zone to Dampier's torn rotator cuff to the Mavs bench collapse (George / Buckner / Croshere) ... the list goes on and on.

    In the end JET Terry is one of the best three point shooters in the league and a very efficient scorer. He's not a star but he's a heck of a good player ... a key to the Mavs Finals team, a starter for one of the best teams in the league and one of Avery Johnson's favorite players.

    Dampier, for all his faults as a scorer is load in the post. He rebounds, defends the best opposing big, blocks shots and plays the role of offensive lineman in the Mavs ball movement oriented offense. Dampier was THE KEY to the Mavs halfcourt offense.

    Most importantly, if you are familiar with the latest statistical analysis techniques both Dampier and and JET rate statistically as two of the best four players on the Mavs squad. The technique I'm referring to is a significant improvement over more fan-oriented measures like points per game, shooting efficiency and Player Efficieny Rating (PER). Thos measures all give heavy weight to players to take shots and score. But some knowledgable fans and most NBA GMs know that it's important to have scorers but it's also important to have players that do other things like pick up loose balls, rebound, create turnovers and block shots. That is what Win Score measures and the net is JET and Dampier do things that are proven to result in wins. As I mentioned, JET and Damp are two of the Mavs best players. Check out the Wages of Wins blog for more details.

    All that aside, I seriously doubt the Pacers would be interested in JET + Dampier for O'Neal. And I doubt the Mavs would be interested in trading two starters for a player who plays the same position as the League MVP.
    i don't know if any one really believes that dirk is on the trading table. but with a rumor of JO going to dallas and there not being anything else the pacers might be in the market for that makes sense (you'd have to include dampier or jet and neither make sense if we go into rebuilding mode). so thats why dirk's name is being floated around and if the pacers are actually talking to the mavs one would think it would involve dirk. we're all just guessing and trying to wrap our heads around this rumor.

    and for the record, dirk, yes plays the 4 as does jermaine but that really doesn't play out in reality. dirk is a giant SF and doesn't spend a lot of time in the post. so i could easily see dirk and JO play together (harris, stack, nowitzki, o'neal, dampier would be a very interesting lineup to watch)
    This is the darkest timeline.

  4. #29
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i don't know if any one really believes that dirk is on the trading table. but with a rumor of JO going to dallas and there not being anything else the pacers might be in the market for that makes sense (you'd have to include dampier or jet and neither make sense if we go into rebuilding mode). so thats why dirk's name is being floated around and if the pacers are actually talking to the mavs one would think it would involve dirk. we're all just guessing and trying to wrap our heads around this rumor.

    and for the record, dirk, yes plays the 4 as does jermaine but that really doesn't play out in reality. dirk is a giant SF and doesn't spend a lot of time in the post. so i could easily see dirk and JO play together (harris, stack, nowitzki, o'neal, dampier would be a very interesting lineup to watch)
    That's why I essentially brought Dirk up. Besides Terry and Dampier there are no contracts that work. There's also the option of resigning Stack or Cro I guess.

    That being said you would think that Dirk or Howard would HAVE to be involved, seeing that the Mavs don't have a 1st rounder, or anything else really worth while. You would think that it wouldn't be Howard b/c the Pacers have a slew of SFs. Could they go small on one play the PF... maybe, but I doubt the Pacers make a deal like that.

    Another reason why I mentioned Dirk, was shortly after the Mavs were eliminated, there was a rumor on JMV the Drive here in Indy discussing Cuban pulling the trigger on a Dirk/Terry for JO/Tinsley/Granger.

    I laughed it off at the time, and the way Cuban reacted during Dirk's MVP press conference pretty much shut down the thoughts for me, but of course once I hear the first JO to Dallas rumbling.. I start scratching my head again.

    Let's not forget that Cuban is the same guy that sent Nash on his way.

  5. #30
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,193

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a troll, just offering some perspective here ... Some of you may remember me from previous Mavs / Pacers trades ... in short, I've been around a while and frequently read your board. You guys have a great board here and are probably some of the most knowledgable fans in the league. That said ....

    Let's not forget the Mavs did win 67-games, making them one of the best regular season teams in the history of the NBA. They hit a hot shooting buzzsaw in the playoffs. And the Warriors were the one team that provided the single greatest matchup problem for Dallas ... from the Warriors big backcourt to small frontcourt to heavy reliance on the zone to Dampier's torn rotator cuff to the Mavs bench collapse (George / Buckner / Croshere) ... the list goes on and on.

    In the end JET Terry is one of the best three point shooters in the league and a very efficient scorer. He's not a star but he's a heck of a good player ... a key to the Mavs Finals team, a starter for one of the best teams in the league and one of Avery Johnson's favorite players.

    Dampier, for all his faults as a scorer is load in the post. He rebounds, defends the best opposing big, blocks shots and plays the role of offensive lineman in the Mavs ball movement oriented offense. Dampier was THE KEY to the Mavs halfcourt offense.

    Most importantly, if you are familiar with the latest statistical analysis techniques both Dampier and and JET rate statistically as two of the best four players on the Mavs squad. The technique I'm referring to is a significant improvement over more fan-oriented measures like points per game, shooting efficiency and Player Efficieny Rating (PER). Thos measures all give heavy weight to players to take shots and score. But some knowledgable fans and most NBA GMs know that it's important to have scorers but it's also important to have players that do other things like pick up loose balls, rebound, create turnovers and block shots. That is what Win Score measures and the net is JET and Dampier do things that are proven to result in wins. As I mentioned, JET and Damp are two of the Mavs best players. Check out the Wages of Wins blog for more details.

    All that aside, I seriously doubt the Pacers would be interested in JET + Dampier for O'Neal. And I doubt the Mavs would be interested in trading two starters for a player who plays the same position as the League MVP.
    Anything is technically possible, but if logic prevails on both sides, your discussion is the basis for judgment. We also know that JO doesn't like playing the 5 and I don't see Dirk as nearly effective at the 3. While Cuban can be highly reactionary, I will be flabbergasted to see him trade the league MVP.

  6. #31

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Someone said a JET + Damp deal doesn't make sense because you can't rebuild around those players ... both are vets, in their prime, but with virtually no upside. Obtaining those kind of guys clearly signals "win now" versus rebuild. But isn't it going to be near impossible to rebuild anytime soon anyway? By my count the Pacers have committed roughly $135 million over the next four years to five veterans not counting O'Neal. Unless Bird can deal O'Neal for young players AND deal Murphy, Dunleavy, Daniels, Tinsley, Foster etc., for young talent you can "rebuild" around, he would be wise to move O'Neal for veterans who can help him win now.

    Of course, one could argue O'Neal gives the Pacers their best chance of winning now. I don't claim to be an expert but if rumors that O'Neal wants out are true, Bird just may have to make a move.
    Last edited by Mav; 06-22-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #32
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    The Pacer management consortium lacks the basketballs to rebuild. The best they will do is 'retool' and try and get back in the playoffs short term. We have no long term goals or vision otherwise (IMO). Any trade we do will have to have some veteran presence in it because of that. And that means we're probably holding out for too much.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #33
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,785

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone said a JET + Damp deal doesn't make sense because you can't rebuild around those players ... both are vets, in their prime, but with virtually no upside. Obtaining those kind of guys clearly signals "win now" versus rebuild. But isn't it going to be near impossible to rebuild anytime soon anyway? By my count the Pacers have committed roughly $135 million over the next four years to five veterans not counting O'Neal. Unless Bird can deal O'Neal for young players AND deal Murphy, Dunleavy, Daniels, Tinsley, Foster etc., for young talent you can "rebuild" around, he would be wise to move O'Neal for veterans who can help him win now.

    Of course, one could argue O'Neal gives the Pacers their best chance of winning now. I don't claim to be an expert but if rumors that O'Neal wants out are true, Bird just may have to make a move.
    saying that getting jet and damp to win now is like advising mark cuban to trade dirk and josh howard for juwan howard and darius miles to win now. putting damp and his heinous contract and jet with murphy, dunleavy and granger is not a lineup to win now. that puts the team in an even more dire financial situation. if you trade your franchise player you're going into rebuilding mode unless you get a superstar back (like JO for dirk). thats why the rumored LA deals involve picks, bynum then brown's exp. contract ($9 mil) and odom (2yr $13mil). you add picks to bynum, granger, shawne and ike and thats a nice nucleus to rebuild with. yes we owe players money but we still have two years before we have to re-sign ike and danny. by then we will hopefully have made dunleavy and murphy either valuable to our future or to other teams. adding damp and jet to the team we have now (less JO) is not going to get us any more wins than we'd get with JO alone.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  9. #34
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I wouldn't want anybody on the Mav's roster except Josh Howard, and he's probably the player we need the least. I could see why Terry would be a fit, but I'd only be for that if we play him as a small 2-guard next to Tinsley. No way in hell do I want Dampier back.

  10. #35
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just waiting for some uber-trade, in which JO, Kobe, KG, TMac, Amare, Dirk, and 20 lesser players all get shuffled around.
    Sam Smith is that you

    Why Not Us ?


  11. #36
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I heard it was a sign and trade: Croshere for O'Neal straight up.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  12. #37
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard it was a sign and trade: Croshere for O'Neal straight up.......
    I do NOT want that thug back here.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #38
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,667

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone said a JET + Damp deal doesn't make sense because you can't rebuild around those players ... both are vets, in their prime, but with virtually no upside. Obtaining those kind of guys clearly signals "win now" versus rebuild.
    Terry+Dampier would mean "reload" instead of "rebuild" which fits Bird/JO'Bs comments about making the Playoffs next season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #39

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I see your point ... but it's one of the great fallacies among casual NBA fans that Damp has a "horrendous" contract. In fact, Dampier's contact mirrors his productivity closely. Said another way, the difference between Minnesota missing the playoffs with KG and the Mavs with Dirk appearing in the Finals and following it up with one of the best regular seasons of all time is simple. KG has no one and Dirk has Terry, Howard and Dampier. Make no mistake, JET and Damp are huge factors in Dallas, which is why I think moving both of them would be a mistake.

    The analysis below is from the "Wages of Wins" journal and the metric is rumored to closely resemble Sagarin's fabled WINVAL ("win value") analysis that real NBA GMs pay thousands of dollars to see. WINVAL is not available to fans but the idea is that the stat measures a player's actual contribution to WINNING basketball games.

    The Dallas Mavericks in 2006-07
    After 72 Games
    Record: 61-11
    Dallas MavericksWins Produced Wins
    per 48 MinutesProduced
    Dirk Nowitzki0.33718.1
    Jason Terry0.19410.3
    Josh Howard0.2139.8
    Erick Dampier0.186.8
    Devin Harris0.1174.5
    DeSagana Diop0.1183
    Jerry Stackhouse0.0762.3
    Greg Buckner0.0531.3
    Austin Croshere0.0861
    Anthony Johnson-0.0040
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu-0.087-0.1
    Jose Barea-0.1-0.2
    Didier Ilunga-Mbenga-0.189-0.3
    Devean George-0.034-0.7
    Maurice Ager-0.388-0.9

  15. #40
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    How in the heck do they claim to measure that?

  16. #41

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    "One can both play and watch basketball for a thousand years," they write. "If you do not systematically track what the players do, and then uncover the statistical relationship between these actions and wins, you will never know why teams win and why they lose."

  17. #42

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Weighing the relative value of fouls, rebounds, shots taken, turnovers, and the like, they’ve created an algorithm that, they argue, comes closer than any previous statistical measure to capturing the true value of a basketball player. The algorithm yields what they call a Win Score, because it expresses a player’s worth as the number of wins that his contributions bring to his team.

    Basketball experts clearly appreciate basketball. They understand the gestalt of the game, in the way that someone who has spent a lifetime thinking about and watching, say, modern dance develops an understanding of that art form. They’re able to teach and coach and motivate; to make judgments and predictions about a player’s character and resolve and stage of development. But the argument of “The Wages of Wins” is that this kind of expertise has real limitations when it comes to making precise evaluations of individual performance, whether you’re interested in the consistency of football quarterbacks or in testing claims that NBA stars “turn it on” during playoffs. The baseball legend Ty Cobb, the authors point out, had a lifetime batting average of .366, almost thirty points higher than the former San Diego Padres outfielder Tony Gwynn, who had a lifetime batting average of .338:

    So Cobb hit safely 37 percent of the time while Gwynn hit safely on 34 percent of his at bats. If all you did was watch these players, could you say who was a better hitter? Can one really tell the difference between 37 percent and 34 percent just staring at the players play? To see the problem with the non-numbers approach to player evaluation, consider that out of every 100 at bats, Cobb got three more hits than Gwynn. That’s it, three hits

    Michael Lewis made a similar argument in his 2003 best-seller, “Moneyball,” about how the so-called sabermetricians have changed the evaluation of talent in baseball. Baseball is sufficiently transparent, though, that the size of the discrepancies between intuitive and statistically aided judgment tends to be relatively modest. If you mistakenly thought that Gwynn was better than Cobb, you were still backing a terrific hitter. But “The Wages of Wins” suggests that when you move into more complex situations, like basketball, the limitations of “seeing” become enormous

  18. #43
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    That's fine, we'll just give you something like Foster and Williams for Jet then. Yes? No?

  19. #44
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,785

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point ... but it's one of the great fallacies among casual NBA fans that Damp has a "horrendous" contract. In fact, Dampier's contact mirrors his productivity closely. Said another way, the difference between Minnesota missing the playoffs with KG and the Mavs with Dirk appearing in the Finals and following it up with one of the best regular seasons of all time is simple. KG has no one and Dirk has Terry, Howard and Dampier. Make no mistake, JET and Damp are huge factors in Dallas, which is why I think moving both of them would be a mistake.
    no one is disputing that they don't help the mavs. the problem is it would lock us into (with dampier) a 4yr contract worth (according to HoopsHype)

    2007-08: $8,587,500
    2008-09: $9,500,000
    2009-10: $10,112,500
    2010-11: $13,075,000

    for what dampier does and what other contracts we have that are long and expensive .. that's heinous. because how does dampier help our current team? it is not remotely worth it to us.

    on the mavs he fills a vital role, but if this proposed deal for JO goes down either Jet or Damp would have to come back. neither would actually help our team win more.

    it is truly a moot point, you don't have to try and convince us that dampier would be worth JO and we don't have to try and convince you that the only way you're getting JO is for dirk. its not going to happen.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  20. #45

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I don't think sabermetrics is as applicable to basketball as it is to baseball. In baseball, few variables apply. The batter always stands in the same spot, the pitcher is always on the rubber. The ball will always come towards the batter, and if its over the plate and above your knees/below your shoulders, its a strike. Curveball, fastball, slider, changeup, maybe a knuckleball - those are the pitches.

    Statistical analysis is valuable in baseball because you have so many constants. Patterns are very easy to detect.

    But basketball? Every game is so different that stats are very difficult to trace. If the Mavs play the Spurs, Dirk is gonna be guarded by Duncan and Jet by Parker. No way is that fair. Jet is playing a much easier game. So already, the stats are skewed.

    Very few (if any) teams have two excellent defensive big men in their starting lineup. If they don't and that team plays the Mavs, guess which player the great defender is gonna match up with? Dirk. Guess who is gonna draw the weaker defender? Dampier.

    If Dampier is traded for JO, who is gonna be his Dirk? Nobody. So he is going to go from being the sidekick to the superhero. And that won't work.

    If you put Chase Utely on the Padres, he would have the exact same stats (give or take a few trivial runs and RBIs). Same would be true if you put him on the lowly Reds. It is true that his spot in the lineup would help or hurt him a bit, but nothing drastic.

    If you put Dampier on the Suns, his stats would go down. If you put him on the Lakers, his stats would go down. If you put him on the Spurs, his stats would go up.

    Like football, teammates and match ups are so crucial to individual performance that sabermetrics don't have much value.

    If the Hawks signed a bunch of players who are sabermetrically good (yet are not held in high esteem otherwise) and made the EC Finals with a bunch of no-name scrubs, then I would be listening. But the fact that the Mavs spend a ton of money on name players, had an outstanding regular season, and choked in the first round doesn't do it for me.

    It has been proven effective in baseball by the relative success of the small market A's and the huge market Boston Red Sox. I am a huge fan of sabermetrics, in fact (because I'm a huge A's fan). But basketball? sabermetrics can help determine starting lineups for each game, that's it. Using sabermetrics to prove Dampier's value to the Pacers is just a fallacy.

  21. #46
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I'd trade JO for Josh Howard straight up. The kid's that good. We're looking at Scottie Pippen 2.0 right here.

    Not sure how we'd make the money work...I guess they'd hafta throw in Dampier. That contract is horrible, though.

    Also...Getting Josh would make Granger superfluous at the SF, as well, so we could then do something like Danny/Foster for a legit point guard and build around:

    New PG
    Daniels
    Howard/Shawne/Dun
    Ike/Murphy
    Dampier (?)

  22. #47
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,785

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd trade JO for Josh Howard straight up. The kid's that good. We're looking at Scottie Pippen 2.0 right here.

    Not sure how we'd make the money work...I guess they'd hafta throw in Dampier. That contract is horrible, though.

    Also...Getting Josh would make Granger superfluous at the SF, as well, so we could then do something like Danny/Foster for a legit point guard and build around:

    New PG
    Daniels
    Howard/Shawne/Dun
    Ike/Murphy
    Dampier (?)
    one reason why dallas is rumored to be willing to part with terry is they feel josh is a more natural 2 guard than SF. so danny might not even be superfluous... quis might.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  23. #48
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    I'm curious as to what the guy on Sirius has heard that no one else seems to have caught wind of?

  24. #49
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Mavs have a ball movement oriented offense?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #50

    Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mavs have a ball movement oriented offense?
    Yep. No traditional point guard. Multiple ball handlers. Just as likely to see Howard initiate the offense as Stack or Harris or JET or whoever. The offense is launched from the elbows which is unique to the Mavs. This is not an assist oriented offense because the Mavs look to swing the ball quickly from side to side or penetrate and create mismatches for the Mavs one-on-one scorers. Ball movement & player movement is the basis & focal point of the offense.

Similar Threads

  1. Say Dallas would have taken either.
    By jjbjjbjjb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
  2. Dallas goes down 2-0.
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 12:26 PM
  3. The Dallas game
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
  4. Dallas Radio Reporting Dampier to Dallas
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:11 PM
  5. I'm Back, and Go Dallas
    By Southside_Pacer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •