Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

Default O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

I was listening to Sirius Radio earlier (the NBA station) and the host of the show said he suspects J.O will end up in Dallas next season. The host, not sure his name, also said the K.G deal to Boston was all but done until Minnesota management asked K.G. if he would sign off ont he deal. As we now know K.G. didn't want to go to Boston and said he would opt out of his contract after this season if traded to the Celtics. K.G. said if he is traded, he wants to go to a warm weather team out west like the Suns or Lakers. The host seems to think the Lakers were more likley to make the Odom, Bynum, #19 trade for K.G., while that would be asking too much for O'Neal. The host didn't elaborate on the J.O. to Dallas rumor he was hearing but thought this was a very strong possibility. The host is probably full of **** but I thought this information was interesting.

Default Re: O'Neal to Dallas, K.G. to LA?

Let's the rumors fly baby! Less then a week till draft night!

I mentioned Jermaine to Dallas briefly in my last post I made in another thread.

I don't see it happening. We would want a young player, cap room, etc. They don't have that.

I wouldn't mind Jason Terry, although he is owed ALOT of money, but that's only if we keep Jermaine, not if we trade him.

Don't have young players? Devin Harris and Josh Howard, please report to PD immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't have young players? Devin Harris and Josh Howard, please report to PD immediately.
    I can't see them trading Josh Howard.

Maybe Devin Harris.

JO and anyone, but Granger for Dirk, filler, and Dallas 1st 2nd rounder (#34)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I want to give you all due respect, brow.

But as a new member, I feel that I need to let you know that this forum has a history of "repeat" trolls (meaning guys who register more than one account to cause trouble) coming in and claiming that they heard something on a radio station.

As only your fourth post, this will raise several eyebrows and possibly even do more harm than good. In the future, provide a link to an independent source or post more detail.

Thanks and carry on!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I can't see them trading Josh Howard.

Maybe Devin Harris.

After one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history, I can totally see them doing anything. We're talking about Mark Cuban here.

LOL, Whateva

I do love that Devin Harris kid. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pacer uniform.

Doubt it'll happen though.

-- Steve --

I can see Dallas wanting to make this deal but what would the Pacers really gain? There is no question having J.O. play next to Dirk and with Terry would make Dallas even better then last year. Without looking at the numbers the Pacers would have to get Howard and Harris and probably a very bad contrat like Dampier or Stackhouse in order to make it work. If we are looking for a decent draft pick for this years draft this deal doesn't provide that either. And, how much better would Harris and Howard really make this team. I don't see how that Pacers would even consider this deal unless we can unload Murphy and Tins somehow in the deal.

Dallas wants to trade Jason Terry. I'd rather have Devon Harris, but there is no reason to trade for both, although I would do that.

Overall though, I just don't see how the pacers and Dallas can make a deal. Dirk not going anywhere, I seriously doubt Josh is going anywhere. What else is there. One of the greatest myths of this past season is that Dallas is an extremely talented team. They simply aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I want to give you all due respect, brow.

But as a new member, I feel that I need to let you know that this forum has a history of "repeat" trolls (meaning guys who register more than one account to cause trouble) coming in and claiming that they heard something on a radio station.

As only your fourth post, this will raise several eyebrows and possibly even do more harm than good. In the future, provide a link to an independent source or post more detail.

Thanks and carry on!
    Thanks for the advise. Let me assure you I am a die hard Pacers fan and the last thing I want to do is provide false information/cause trouble on this site. While I just started posting yesterday I've been reading PD for over a year and enjoy any/all information related to the Pacers, especially when it comes to trades. I don't work for the Pacers and I don't have a "source" who would know any inside information. Just posting Pacers related info I hear or read from other sources.

My hope would be that Cuban doesn't think Dirk can lead after resorting back to jump shooting in the playoffs, so he wants to swap Dirk and JO!

streets ahead

i don't see how we trade for terry unless we plan to pair him with JO. it doesn't make any sense really. dirk would have to be coming back - which would be monumental (more in the fact that cuban decided to bail on the current league MVP) - for JO to go to the Mavs. unless there is a third team involved i can't really imagine this deal happening.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I tried ESPN Trade checker and these are the 2 I came up with.

JO and Foster for Terry, Harris and Dampier

Not a good deal for us and they wouldn't give up both of their PGs.

JO for Terry and Dampier

Still not good enough.

So the Dallas rumor is crap.

Maybe if they give us all their picks for the next ten years...
    Nah, I'd probably still veto it if I were "the Decider"...

Banned

Howard + Harris is about all I'd be interested in. Anything less would be uncivilized....errr....not enough.

I still see Dirk for JO as a possibilty. For one Cuban is crazy. LOL he's so impatient and wants to win asap. I'm sure he's heard the Dirk is soft and settles for too many jumpshots. Avery isn't like Nellie who just wants to run all the time. He likes to push, but he calls sets, and loves defense (see Spurs Championships) I can see him wanting a JO type over a Dirk type.

I can see Bird wanting a Dirk type. J'Ob is trying to push the tempo, and can do wonders with an outside shooting PF who can't defend (See: Antoine Walker)

Dirk/Terry/#34 for JO/Tins or Murph/Shawne or Danny

Mood

Keep in mind they can play Dirk at the 3 if they want to. Dirk/JO.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Speaking from the perspective of a Mavs fan.. there's no way that Dallas would trade Dirk for JO unless Granger and a high draft pick were coming back too. Dirk's value is still WAY higher than JO..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry guys, I just see the belief that Cuban could be desperate enough to trade Dirk for JO is incredibly homerific. While he hasn't proven himself to be a gamebreaker when needed just yet, Dirk is a past league MVP and arguably the best player in the NBA right now. JO is probably one of the league's best second options in my opinion, a solid player but by no means the first option on a championship caliber squad. JO has also struggled in tight situations (performances against K-Mart and Rasheed in the playoffs come to mind) but he just doesn't have the talent level of Dirk.

Sports Logo

If JONeal isn't an option to trade.....Tinsley+Granger for Terry+34 works.

Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scary part is that Jet and Dampier work for JO.

Not a troll, just offering some perspective here ... Some of you may remember me from previous Mavs / Pacers trades ... in short, I've been around a while and frequently read your board. You guys have a great board here and are probably some of the most knowledgable fans in the league. That said ....

Let's not forget the Mavs did win 67-games, making them one of the best regular season teams in the history of the NBA. They hit a hot shooting buzzsaw in the playoffs. And the Warriors were the one team that provided the single greatest matchup problem for Dallas ... from the Warriors big backcourt to small frontcourt to heavy reliance on the zone to Dampier's torn rotator cuff to the Mavs bench collapse (George / Buckner / Croshere) ... the list goes on and on.

In the end JET Terry is one of the best three point shooters in the league and a very efficient scorer. He's not a star but he's a heck of a good player ... a key to the Mavs Finals team, a starter for one of the best teams in the league and one of Avery Johnson's favorite players.

Dampier, for all his faults as a scorer is load in the post. He rebounds, defends the best opposing big, blocks shots and plays the role of offensive lineman in the Mavs ball movement oriented offense. Dampier was THE KEY to the Mavs halfcourt offense.

Most importantly, if you are familiar with the latest statistical analysis techniques both Dampier and and JET rate statistically as two of the best four players on the Mavs squad. The technique I'm referring to is a significant improvement over more fan-oriented measures like points per game, shooting efficiency and Player Efficieny Rating (PER). Thos measures all give heavy weight to players to take shots and score. But some knowledgable fans and most NBA GMs know that it's important to have scorers but it's also important to have players that do other things like pick up loose balls, rebound, create turnovers and block shots. That is what Win Score measures and the net is JET and Dampier do things that are proven to result in wins. As I mentioned, JET and Damp are two of the Mavs best players. Check out the Wages of Wins blog for more details.

All that aside, I seriously doubt the Pacers would be interested in JET + Dampier for O'Neal. And I doubt the Mavs would be interested in trading two starters for a player who plays the same position as the League MVP.