View Poll Results: Your Opinion Counts !

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Laker or other team trade for JO will go through by or on draft day.

26 40.63%
  • A major move not involving JO will go through by draft day.

2 3.13%
  • No Major move will be be done by Draft day, but most likely one will before the season that involves Jermaine.

9 14.06%
  • No Major move will be be done by Draft day, but most likely one will before the season that does not involve Jermaine.

7 10.94%
  • No Major move will be be done by Draft day, and most likely no deal will be made before the season as well.

2 3.13%
  • No Major move but a number of minor tweaks will be made by season start.

4 6.25%
  • A Major trade or minor moves will likely be made but not until the All-Star Break.

1 1.56%
  • We Stand Pat

2 3.13%
  • We bring back Jamison Brewer and offer him the contract he turned down.

3 4.69%
  • I did not vote on this poll

3 4.69%
  • Other.. did I really miss something ?

5 7.81%

Thread: A quick poll on your opinion...

Question A quick poll on your opinion...

Just a quick poll to gauge everyone's mentality a week before the draft.

I am interested to see the take on how many have the feeling that LA or not the Pacers will be doing everything in their power to move JO this offseason (within reason) like UB and others have mentioned a possible "mutual agreement" with JO and the Paces Brass to lay low and we'll try and appease both sides.

Or how many are in the camp barring the Lakers trade going through for us, that most likely no significant move as in moving Jermaine or aquiring a pick will be made before the season.
    Last edited by Frank Slade; 06-21-2007 at 09:53 AM.

Why Not Us ?

Banned

Default Re: A quick poll on your opinion...

I think they're looking to move him. He's too expensive and we're going nowhere for several years, so start rebuilding now. I also think Bird wants Rudy Fernandez and will do anything within his power to land him.

Honestly Pacers don't need to use the draft to get good players. . .look at Toronto, our team is full of International players, and a lot of them want to play in the NBA, we should go that route!!!Remember Jermaine only wants to go if we are rebuilding, and I don't think that's the case. . .I think we are just gonna reload!!!

I don't know why people want to do those trade with the Lakers, we can do so much better

I voted other.

JO's our franchise player, we won't move him unless we get what we want, period!

As for the Laker's it's to hard to tell what they want or who's got input, so I can't really tell if or when they will trade for JO.

I do think we will end up with either a draft pick or a player at the end of this years draft, but I can't say if it would be a major deal or not. Anything involving a starter or the first two reserves off the bench I would consider a major move.

JO is not worth his contract or our asking price. We're not dealing from the position of power some think we are.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know why people want to do those trade with the Lakers, we can do so much better
    Exactly.... my point exactly
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    JO is not worth his contract or our asking price. We're not dealing from the position of power some think we are.

-Bball
    Agreed.

I dunno if it will happen, but I'm hoping Donnie and Bird wise up and take a good package for Jermaine based around Andrew Bynum. He'd be the number #3 guy in this year's draft if he was coming out this year.

We really don't even need Odom. He'd be out of town before we've rebuilt anyway.

Banned

I voted OTHER. I feel JO will be traded, but I cant say whether that will be before or after the draft. Or before the trade deadline.

DW/LB are going to get the best deal possible, they wont be rushed or bullied into anything. So whether that happens in the next week or the next 6 months, I cant call it.

Siggy!!!!

(Come on, I couldn't resist such a blatant cotton candy option.)
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo

I chose "No Major move will be be done by Draft day, but most likely one will before the season that does not involve Jermaine."

I think the following will happen:

1 ) TPTB will be too stubborn to give in on any counter offers that the Lakers have where we do not get Odom and Bynum in return.

2 ) As a result, Kobe will be traded to the Bulls and the Pacers go back to being in a "weaker" position to negotiate any better deal for JONeal during this offseason. TPTB decide to hold onto JONeal to see if we can do better under JO'B.

3 ) The Pacers will look to trade Tinsley and package him with Foster ( 1st ) and/or Granger ( 2nd ) for the best PG/SG package that is available. I'm thinking the best starting PG available and whatever backup SG package that the Pacers can get is what they are looking for.

Personally, I hope that the Pacers decide to move in the "rebuilding" route by moving JONeal for Bynum.....but I have a feeling with the comments from Bird/JO'B about making the Playoffs next season, if we don't get back Odom...we abandon any hope for getting Bynum...and will stick with JONeal ( to see how we do under JO'B ) and make a trade for a best backcourt available to see if we can make it to the Playoffs. If we still suck by the Trade Deadline...TPTB suck it up and move JONeal then before JONeal pulls a Kobe/Artest on us after seeing how Kobe ( and maybe even KG ) has done on a different team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-21-2007 at 01:42 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I didn't vote by voting.... uhh wait... what?

I actually have NO idea what the Pacers will do, which is both exciting and frustrating.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Siggy!!!!

(Come on, I couldn't resist such a blatant cotton candy option.)
    Yes you could have. You could have voted "other" like I did. The Pacers should offer Siggy a better contract, one he can't turn down.

For people who were wondering what would make me a Pacers fan again Siggy stylin' on the bench would do it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A Laker or other team trade for JO will go through by or on draft day.

is what i picked but as draft day gets closer and closer im thinking the trade wont go down. It will really pi$$ me off if i find out that Odom is the deal breaker
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There was seriously a point in time where Jamison Brewer turned down a contract from the Pacers?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    There was seriously a point in time where Jamison Brewer turned down a contract from the Pacers?
    Thus, proving his businessIQ was even lower than his basketballIQ.

That was not an easy task, by the way.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

This is a key draft and considering we are going to rebuild (if that's not obvious I don't know what is) I think we are getting in it. I expect and hope JO is traded on draft day for good value.

BTW, if the Pacers do not trade JO now, it will be at least a minor mistake...potentially a major one. First, I don't think JO's value will ever be higher than right now. He starts into the backside of his prime years this coming season and with his long tenure in the year and his injury history, his body is far older. No, he's not ready to fit for a coffin, but he is not going to get any better. What's worse is, his value is already dropping. Teams look at Garnett and they see a warrior. They look at JO and they see an all star PF out of the east but also see a fragile, expensive overrated PF with a max contract.

The worst case will be if we plan to trade JO later and he comes up lame...once again. It would be a terrible shame to see his now injured knee bend backward again and not be able to trade him.

The time is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I chose "No Major move will be be done by Draft day, but most likely one will before the season that does not involve Jermaine."

I think the following will happen:

1 ) TPTB will be too stubborn to give in on any counter offers that the Lakers have where we do not get Odom and Bynum in return.
    There is a big risk the Pacers ask for too much and lose out on a good deal. If we get Odom, Bynum, Brown, the #19 and filler for JO I will be shocked. Very pleased, but shocked. I know we need to hold the Lakers feet to the fire. We also need to aggressively entertain every other offer available for JO and get something good done. I suspect we can get a better deal on the market if Odom is not included in LA's offer.