Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenny and Barkley disrespecting Foster's defense

Default Kenny and Barkley disrespecting Foster's defense

If you watrched the TNT post game show tonight, then you heard Kenny and Charles say that Sheed should be tearing up Foster, saying in effect he can't guard Sheed.

Maybe they have not watched Foster play this season. Kenny kept saying again and again during the Heat series that the Pacers would struggle because the Pacers two best defenders (J.O and Ron) were not guarding the Heat's two best offensive players. Well Kenny, Jeff is a better one-on-one defender than J.O is, that is as clear as the nose on your face. Obviously J.O is a great help defender and shotblocker.

Foster is probably the most underrated defender by fans and the media in the NBA. Opposing coaches and opposing players know how good his defense is. Thankfully most of you know realize how good he is, even though many of you were a little slow to ctach on, I was saying this two seasons ago.

So Kenny and Charles, media member and fans of other teams, go ahead and keep suggeting that Jeff is not a good defnder if you want, the only problem is that you will be wrong.

let me anticipate, someone bringing up the fact well he can't guard Shaq, well no one can, and if the Pacers meet the Lakers in the Finals, let's see how he does.

Default Re: Kenny and Barkley disrespecting Foster's defense

I heard that too, and I was pretty upset by it. He continues to go under the light, but when we win, they still will continue to undervalue his play and effort. He is such a hard nosed player, and brings 100% every game. And that is what makes him so special.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

UB, you stole my post! I was going to post this because I could not believe what they were saying! Wallace eat Foster alive? What were they thinking, I am not saying that Foster is going to hold Wallace to 1-7 shooting all series long, but they made is sound like Foster's D is so bad he should be putting up 15-20 a night!

What are they going to say after Foster continues to play good D night in and night out on Wallace?

"Foster plays great Defense...one of the reasons Rasheed has struggled in this series" ed: ed: ed:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard that..It kind of made me mad and probaly made Foster mad to..Like said above he plays 100% every game and never gives up even if he is having the worst game of his life. He goes to the court forgetting everything else and just concentrates on the game. That offencive rebound won the game probaly to.

Actually, I agreed with Kenny, Sheed should have taken another 6-7 shots. Of course, while Kenny says, instead of being 1-7, he maybe would have been 6-13 or 7-14 afterwards, I say he might have been 1-13 or 1-14.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard that..It kind of made me mad and probaly made Foster mad to..Like said above he plays 100% every game and never gives up even if he is having the worst game of his life. He goes to the court forgetting everything else and just concentrates on the game. That offencive rebound won the game probaly to.
    Damn skippy. Oh, and...

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I was just watching one of the ESPN shows.

Steven A Smith said there is no reason that "Jeff Foster" (you know how he talks, in his sarcastic ranting voice) should be able to control Sheed.......
    Then George Karl said that he figured that Foster would be on the bench by now or during the heat series. WHAT. He then said that now Jeff is a great defender, better late than never, but I thought the "experts" watched the games, obviously not Pacers games

I love Foster's game and would love to have him on the 76ers. Hes like a poor man's Bobby Jones as he does all the dirty work and is a very good fundamental player. He probably defended Duncan better then any other player I've seen this season. I also loved the way he closed out on Wallace on that 3 point attempt at the end of the game so many times you see players either rushing out and running into the shooter or leaving their feet trying to be hero's blocking the shot and committing a stupid foul on that type of play. But Foster played it perfectly he ran out and took that last 1/2 step and put his hands straight up and chest into Sheed perfectly defended if you ask me. Hes my kind of player.

P.S. Don't worry about Screamin' A. Smith he doesn't like anybody that plays defense he used to kill Lynch and Hill when they were in Philly.

I thought Foster did a great job on Odom. As I think UB noted earlier in the season, I love when Foster switches on a pick and roll and the guard thinks that they can blow by him.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Tim

I saw the post game show and it made me mad.
    The tone was almost like "Sheed needs to step it up if they are gonna start beating the Pacers like they are suppose to".

They are going to be surprized to find out Pacers played bad and will play better Game 2.

In a way I kind of like Jeff getting dissed. Maybe the team will say lets run a few plays for Jeff.

Steveman

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming. The nationals simply refused to air Pacers games and totally ignored them the whole season, even dissing them and making fun of them at times ... all the while the Pacers were recording a franchise best 61-21 record and earning the number one seed.

No wonder they still call Austin Crosheer, and conseco, con-saco, and think we are the underdog that should have got booted by Due-waaaaaaaaaaayne Waaaaaaaaaaaaaade!

Well, I've got news for them, especially ESPN that has exclusive rights to the ECF's for the next 5 years. You had better start manipulating the games or love up to the Pacers real soon ... 'cause we're gonna be there a few more times over the next 5.

Thankfully most of you know realize how good he is, even though many of you were a little slow to ctach on, I was saying this two seasons ago.
    And you were dead wrong two seasons ago.

At the time, Foster was a walking foul magnet. The man couldn't play 30 minutes of regular-season basketball without fouling out. He spent LARGE amounts of time on the bench due to foul trouble.

Now, I'll admit that an awful lot of fouls were because fundamentally sound Jeff Foster couldn't figure out how to set a pick. But still, the man was a foul magnet.

Don't see how you can dispute this, Buck.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I love Jeff as much as anyone around here, but you can't seriously be implying that he was primarily responsible for Rasheed's poor outing. Jeff may have given him a little pressure, but you have to admit Sheed's plantar faciitis is having a much greater impact on his game. Jeff's not a bad defender, but he's nowhere near being able to contain a healthy Rasheed Wallace. And I'm sure Brown has some adjustments in mind to make Wallace more effective next game.

Of course, the whole point is moot anyway.

I wonder if I spelled that right...

IndyToad
    Be the switch she turns on

Okay, so how would Foster and the Pacers guard Shaq? Do you trust this defense well enought to let them front Shaq and have JO, or whomever slide over when he gets the pass?

That's the difficult thing about the triangle, is that it is set up to kill doulbe teams, which both Kobe and Shaq require.

I'm not saying Foster couldn't do as well as anyone. It's just hard to image him doing well. Of course, I would love to see the Pacers try and guard him. It's just difficult to imagine since no one can play behind him, and playing in front of him is just as deadly. The only hope is that if Foster and JO are moving very fast they could disrupt Shaq occasionally.

I expect good analysis from Kenny Smith, but really.. did you guys expect Charles Barkley to say anything right? He isn't some fount of wisdom you know...

Anyway just watching sports center, they just had a whole 5 minute segment... on JEFF FOSTER! lol... what's the world coming to. David Aldridge called him the Pacers best post defender too. The world must be ending..

Okay, so how would Foster and the Pacers guard Shaq? Do you trust this defense well enought to let them front Shaq and have JO, or whomever slide over when he gets the pass?

That's the difficult thing about the triangle, is that it is set up to kill doulbe teams, which both Kobe and Shaq require.

I'm not saying Foster couldn't do as well as anyone. It's just hard to image him doing well. Of course, I would love to see the Pacers try and guard him. It's just difficult to imagine since no one can play behind him, and playing in front of him is just as deadly. The only hope is that if Foster and JO are moving very fast they could disrupt Shaq occasionally.
    zone, double and do everything you can to deny him the ball. hackashaq doesnt work, as Shaq is so strong he will usually score anyway no matter how flagrant the foul is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyway just watching sports center, they just had a whole 5 minute segment... on JEFF FOSTER! lol... what's the world coming to. David Aldridge called him the Pacers best post defender too. The world must be ending..

DA is the best in the business. The man obviously knows his basketball. I don't always agree with him but any statement he makes, he makes it with full knowledge.

Sam Smith in Chicago is good at assessing players and even Vescey (despite his love for the flamboyant) knows the NBA pretty well. Stephen A. Smith doesn't watch a lot of basketball outside of Philly and it's really shown this offseason.

I hate that the ECF are on ESPN. They should be on ABC, where the whole world - including those without cable - can see the Pacers play.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

uhh you don't really believe the world ends at the borders of the USA do you?

about 75% of the world has no access to the games at any cost they are willing to make, whether it's on whatever US station.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

If anyone watched the game last night the way to defend Shaq is to
    put your biggest beef on him and get into his body. Do everything you have to to keep him from dunking. And rarely should you double team
    him. When you do that is when the Lakers destroy you. Plus try and run on the Lakers some as they are a half court team. I would take Shaq on
    the foul line every time instead of him dunking on you. One other thing
    is to rotate the ball and take it to Shaq to force him to foul you. You will
    get some rejected but he WILL foul and then be on the bench.
    In summary

1-Push him just a little out of his comfort zone(anything other than a dunk)
    2-Do not double much
    3-Take the ball at him
    4-Run the ball

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

about 75% of the world has no access to the games at any cost they are willing to make, whether it's on whatever US station.
    was that to me?? lol
    uhhh I was speaking figuratively...

Ya, the worlds flat, and asia europe africa south america and the mid east are all just Bush govt conspiracies, they dont really exist.

I feel for you brits and euros though, if it makes ya feel any better I love "soccer" and I can't ever watch any champion league games, or any leagues out there at all...

was that to me?? lol
    uhhh I was speaking figuratively...

Ya, the worlds flat, and asia europe africa south america and the mid east are all just Bush govt conspiracies, they dont really exist.

I feel for you brits and euros though, if it makes ya feel any better I love "soccer" and I can't ever watch any champion league games.
    Well that is as good as over, but if you want i can tape some games next season and make them available for download to you , or simply send you some vhs

and it was meant for naptown
    I hate that the ECF are on ESPN. They should be on ABC, where the whole world - including those without cable - can see the Pacers play.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, if I can listen to the last overs of Eng v NZ, everyone should be able to see Pacer Basketball!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Hey, if I can listen to the last overs of Eng v NZ, everyone should be able to see Pacer Basketball!
    tell that to the forces that be.

listen though i can, at $ 15 a month to realplayer for the "chance" to do so, and you know what: pre-game on wibc is kewl, however when that starts wibc kills the stream, and nba don't start it till 5 minutes to tip-off

talk about being screwed, royally

hehe I dont even know who won.. It's hard to stay interested just by checkin out websites. I have a hard time gettin into the Major league soccer here too. Not because they dont show many games, which they dont. But their names are all so cheesy lol. Like they all are trying to be some city "united" or whatever.

freddie adu is an interesting story tho, kids like 14 and a big star here.

and it was meant for naptown
    oh hehe /grins sheepishly