Thread: Unintentionally humorous article slamming the Colts from last preseason

Default Unintentionally humorous article slamming the Colts from last preseason

I don't know why people who supposedly watch the game couldn't get that Edge was never the same running back after his knee injury. And while I'm certain he would have been an ultra-productive back in almost any system (pre-injury), he also benefitted enormously by playing in the Colt's offense that so effectively forces the defense to cover the entire field and stay attacking with the no huddle to wear them down.

The Colts are donkeys because…
    … they decided to pay No. 1 money for a No. 2 receiver rather than re-sign the most productive running back in the history of football and the most important and under-appreciated cog in Indy’s offensive machine.

Indy general manager Bill Polian (pictured here) made it clear at the end of the 2005 season that he was more committed to wideout Reggie Wayne than he was to James.

Polian was so committed to Wayne that he doled out No. 1 money for this No. 2 receiver when he signed him three weeks ago. Wayne will make $2.6 million in 2006 and reportedly received a $13.5 million signing bonus with his six-year deal. It is possible that Wayne will be the most highly paid No. 2 receiver in football this year.

This move is nothing less than brutal salary-cap mismanagement and symbolic of a GM that fails to understand the concept of value. (This is the same GM who drafted Wayne in the first round of the 2001 draft and tight end Dallas Clark in the first round of the 2003 draft when the Colts clearly had more pressing needs on defense.)

Wayne is certainly a fine player, but the Colts paid him like he’s irreplaceable. The truth is that there are plenty of guys around the league who can put up Wayne numbers (an average of 61 catches, 833 yards and 5.6 TDs per season), and they can do it for less money.

The Colts will soon find that James is much harder to replace. After all, as has been widely reported here and only here, James is the most productive offensive player in the history of the NFL.

He averages 125.7 yards from scrimmage per game, No. 1 all time. The No. 2 player on the list is a pretty fair ballcarrier named Jim Brown.
    The rest of it can be found here:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...e.php?Page=737

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Unintentionally humorous article slamming the Colts from last preseason

OH NOES! WE GOT RID OF JAMES!!111

HE'S TEH ONLY GOOD RB! WE CAN NEVER BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 06-19-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: Unintentionally humorous article slamming the Colts from last preseason

Losing Edge was a big deal, but jeez, this guy made it seem like we'd go winless because of it. Also, he makes a case for Reggie being replacable, but pretty much everyone with a brain knows a great RB is easier to replace than a great WR. The RB turnover rate in the NFL is pretty high. And hey, turns out the guys we needed were either right there in the draft or already on the roster in Joe and Dom.

Just another reason to trust Polian and not bozos that write for places like 'coldhardfootballfacts.com.'
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thats some funny stuff right there lol
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

That's not just funny because we won the Super Bowl, it's also VERY humorous because James sucked it up in Arizona. I don't care who you blame it on, I doubt he's the "NFL's most productive player in history" anymore.

What a joker. You can tell he's never watched a Colts game before. He's just good at reading numbers, apparently. Waynes value can't be judged by numbers, and James numbers ... while impressive, were partially because he played with such a good QB, and O-Line where people couldn't key on him. I guess he thought that fact would just go out the window. I also liked how he left out that Dominic Rhodes filled in more than enough for James in the 10 games he missed, so it certainly wasn't a lack of running game that contributed to Peyton's bad 10 games.

That's hilarious!

-- Steve --

Oh my gosh, it gets better!!!

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...e.php?Page=736

"When Arizona inked Edgerrin James to a four-year, $30 million deal Sunday, it marked one of those rare and remarkable meteorological moments when clueless management, disenchanted player, greedy agent and pathetic, delusional franchise all conspire to create the perfect storm of dealmaking.

Like any perfect storm, this one is likely to leave a trail of disaster in its wake as it moves across Pigskin America: disaster for the player, disaster for his former team and disaster for his new team."

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh my gosh, it gets better!!!

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...e.php?Page=736

"When Arizona inked Edgerrin James to a four-year, $30 million deal Sunday, it marked one of those rare and remarkable meteorological moments when clueless management, disenchanted player, greedy agent and pathetic, delusional franchise all conspire to create the perfect storm of dealmaking.

Like any perfect storm, this one is likely to leave a trail of disaster in its wake as it moves across Pigskin America: disaster for the player, disaster for his former team and disaster for his new team."

-- Steve --
    Well, they were half right.

This website actually had a long article claiming Manning's 49 TDs in one season were illegitimate because he didn't run enough in the red zone.

I think it would be difficult to categorize Reggie Wayne as a #2 receiver now, no matter how good Marvin's been in the past. I would say they are pretty much co-equals now.