Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From RoboHicks: Lakers Sticking by their Guns

Banned

Default Re: From RoboHicks: Lakers Sticking by their Guns

Peyton is the Michael Jordan of the NBA. He'll retire as the unquestioned GOAT. Brady is just another good QB who's happened to play for some great teams, a la Terry Bradshaw.

And I don't know if this has been posted, but it's mildly interesting...

How will Bynum react to Bryant's video?
    Andrew Bynum - C - LAK - Jun. 20 - 10:22 am et
    In the nearly famous Kobe Bryant "shopping mall video tape," Bryant allegedly implied that the Lakers should have shipped Andrew Bynum out of town in order to get Jason Kidd last season.
    If Bryant ends up staying with the Lakers, (which may not happen), it will be interesting to see how he and Bynum interact after this incident. Bryant also had some choice comments for GM Mitch Kupchak on the tape, but we're guessing that Kupchak and Bynum already knew how Bryant felt before hearing about the video tape. It is possible that if Bynum is angry about the comments, it could help facilitate a Jermaine O'Neal trade to the Lakers, but it all depends on what the team is going to do with the now unhappy Bryant. Jun. 20 - 10:22 am et
    Source: Los Angeles Times

Mood

Air Peyton?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Air Peyton?
    I like it.

(Is there a MR opportunity in here?)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Just spoke with Joe Montana. He thinks you're all nuts.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Steve Young told me to tell him to go F himself.

ie, another QB looked just as good with that team, that system and that coach. Joe is one of the greatest, but you put Manning on that team and tell me they don't win just as much.

Plus our boy is the greatest flag waver of all time
    <--

Honestly this thread turned MORE interesting when it left the Kobe speculation behind. It's getting silly at this point. Seems to me that he probably started acting up again when it was obvious the JO deal was dying.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-20-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Something I just read on HoopsHype just gave me the idea (aha..an epiphony!) that perhaps KB would like to get to an east team because it would be an easy route to the finals and all of that national exposure.
    Not saying that Kobe is a wimpy prima donna, but if the tutu fits..........
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Steve Young told me to tell him to go F himself.

ie, another QB looked just as good with that team, that system and that coach. Joe is one of the greatest, but you put Manning on that team and tell me they don't win just as much.

Plus our boy is the greatest flag waver of all time
    <--
    Real tough life Manning has had with Marvin, Wayne and Edgerrin James. Geez, if he could only get some help and a better system.

Talk to me when he gets his 4th.

Who's this Jerry Rice guy I hear about?

A football ring debate in a Pacers forum, no less.

Banned

Manning is clearly the more talented QB and, if he's not already, will easily be the more individually accomplished player. That is enough to earn him the label as the G.O.A.T. He even has the ring to satisfy the ignoramuses who somehow get that team accomplishments measure individual greatness.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Real tough life Manning has had with Marvin, Wayne and Edgerrin James. Geez, if he could only get some help and a better system.

Talk to me when another QB comes along that runs the freaking offense from the line of scrimage. Peyton has more responsiblity in a quarter than TB has all game.

I like how the argument changed from "talk to me when he gets a ring" to "talk to me when he gets his fourth." If number of rings determines who is better, then John Salley must be better than MJ, and Russell must be the G.O.A.T.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lakers can stick by their guns. They'll have thousands upon thousands of guns held at their head from season ticket holders who just got smashed in the money department by raising prices. Kobe is THE show in LA, not just part of it. They will be hurting badly for years if Kobe moves out, unless they get a super-super star back.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

I like how the argument changed from "talk to me when he gets a ring" to "talk to me when he gets his fourth." If number of rings determines who is better, then John Salley must be better than MJ, and Russell must be the G.O.A.T.
    No kidding. He got his ring, he's officially a champion. Peyton already proved he's the #1 individual talent at QB, and now he's got the ring. People who ask for more rings or bring up former years are just going to be biased against him forever.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Talk to me when another QB comes along that runs the freaking offense from the line of scrimage. Peyton has more responsiblity in a quarter than TB has all game.

Not even a hater. I know all about the rocket, laser arm. And what he does at the line is remarkable. I just think we need to wait a few more years and see a little more team success.

He's 7-6 for his career in the playoffs with 18 TDs and 15 picks. Let's improve that record a little bit before we anoint the guy, okay?

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Talk to me when another QB comes along that runs the freaking offense from the line of scrimage.
    I know that I am going to get flamed for this, but Jim Kelly did this same thing in Buffalo. A lot of people forget how good Jim was because of all the SB losses.

No, John Salley is better than MJ because of his innumerable appearances on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" and more importantly for his historic role as the aging veteran on the New York Knicks under their first female head coach, Eddie. Know the facts before you run your mouth. And Bill Russell is a human, not some hooved quadruped. ****ing ridiculous.

woman without a team

Talk to me when another QB comes along that runs the freaking offense from the line of scrimage.
    Forgive me for jumping into the middle of a discussion (especially when I'm not sure how it got to this point), but Terry Bradshaw called his own plays. Don't believe me? It's in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    No, John Salley is better than MJ because of his innumerable appearances on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" and more importantly for his historic role as the aging veteran on the New York Knicks under their first female head coach, Eddie. Know the facts before you run your mouth. And Bill Russell is a human, not some hooved quadruped. ****ing ridiculous.
    Winner

Not even a hater. I know all about the rocket, laser arm. And what he does at the line is remarkable. I just think we need to wait a few more years and see a little more team success.

He's 7-6 for his career in the playoffs with 18 TDs and 15 picks. Let's improve that record a little bit before we anoint the guy, okay?
    And how good has his defenses been for those teams? Last time I checked there were 22 starters that made up a football team, and that's not even counting special teams.

When you're down 21pts at the beginning of the 2nd qtr. because your defense can't get a stop, what do you think happens to the original gameplan? That's exactly what happened every year they ran into NE. When Peyton makes an appearance on the other side of the ball, then we can start talking total W-L.

By your criteria, Dan Marino must be awful. Never won a SB, and was only 8-10 in the post season.

Are you kidding?

Joe Montana played 15 seasons(Just 1 game in one of those). He finished with 40551 passing yards. Peyton Manning has played in 9 seasons and has 37586.

I'll say that Peyton Manning has played 5 less years than Montana since Joe just played in 1 game during one of those seasons. Peyton Manning has 2965 less yards than Montana and has played in 5 less years. My god, that is unbelivable. Manning should blow right past Montana in CAREER passing yards as he has never thrown less than 3700 yards in a seasons. He will do this a full 5 years ahead of Montanta.

My god, Manning has ALREADY ECLIPSED Montana in career touchdown despite playing 5 less years than Montanta. Montana had 273 touchdowns, Manning has 275. Manning has a slightly better career passing accuracy.

They are tied for career interceptions. While Manning will pass him on interceptions, let's remember than he will blow him away on touchdowns. So the ratio will stay about the same between the 2 players.

Peyton has played in 13 career playoff games and has 18 tds and 15 interceptions. Through his first 13 career playoff games, Montana had 23 TDs and 16 picks for a slightly better ratio.

They aren't even close. Manning's statistics blow Montanta's away. I'm confident that he will add another ring or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Manning's statistics blow Montana's away.

And statistics tell that Marino was better than Montana.

Statistics also tell you that two of the best college quarterbacks of all time were David Klingler and Andre Ware.

Statistics can lie.

That 19tds and 15ints in the playoffs needs to improve. Not saying it won't because I think Peyton's got a handle on it...I'm just saying it needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    And statistics tell that Marino was better than Montana.

Statistics also tell you that two of the best college quarterbacks of all time were David Klingler and Andre Ware.

Statistics can lie.
    College is alot different. There isn't an even playing level. Sometimes a school in a weak division will get a stud quarterback that can rack up stats against weak opponents, when he obviously wouldn't be able to do that in a big 10 or big 12 like conference.

NFL is an even level playing field. I agree that stats don't paint the entire picture, but Manning's are so far ahead of Montana's that I think it's apparent that he's at another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    College is alot different. There isn't an even playing level. Sometimes a school in a weak division will get a stud quarterback that can rack up stats against weak opponents, when he obviously wouldn't be able to do that in a big 10 or big 12 like conference.

NFL is an even level playing field. I agree that stats don't paint the entire picture, but Manning's are so far ahead of Montana's that I think it's apparent that he's at another level.
    Just when I think I'm out....They puuuuulllll me back in....

Okay, no offense meant, but since you're 19 and Joe was winning his 4th Super Bowl right around your first birthday, I'll just chuckle at that "another level" statement.

QBs are made in the Playoffs. In December and January.

That said, here's my boy's lifetime Playoff numbers:

23 games (16-7), 5772 (251 ypg), 45 TD, 21 INT (2 rushing TDs)

Meanwhile..............

In these four [Super Bowls], he put up Super numbers, completing 83-of-122 passes (68 percent) for 1,142 yards with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions. His quarterback rating was 127.8 (while nobody outside the Elias Sports Bureau knows how to compute this rating, or even what it means, it is known that 127.8 is a figure beyond that of mortal men).
    And read the rest of this while you at it.

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00016306.html

Say what you want about Bill Walsh, and Jerry Rice (he was only there for two of the rings), and of course Peyton has never played with any defensive players on the level of Ronnie Lott/Charles Haley.....But the fact remains that in 4 Super Bowls (which is 240 minutes worth of football) and in 122 passing attempts, he never threw an interception.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 06-20-2007 at 08:20 PM.

I'm failing to see what any of this has to do with the lakers sticking by their guns.

streets ahead

it means we're really tired of all this kobe hollywood movie of the week drama and feel like talking about something INFINITELY more productive like why manning is better than brady because he owned tom on SNL
    This is the darkest timeline.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Ronnie Fingertip Lott. I think Freeeny is great, but if you call any of Manning's defenses on par with what Joe had you're going to lose all credability.

Again, put 18 on those Niners teams, then imagine them suddenly losing.

THROW THE ROCK MITCH!
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-20-2007 at 10:53 PM.