Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 334

Thread: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

  1. #226
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    If you can talk the Lakers into that deal Lone Granger 33 -I'd toss David Harrison and Orien Greene in to sweeten it for Lakers.

    JO, Murphy, Harrison, and Greene for Bynum, Odom, Brown , 40 and 48.

  2. #227
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can talk the Lakers into that deal Lone Granger 33 -I'd toss David Harrison and Orien Greene in to sweeten it for Lakers.

    JO, Murphy, Harrison, and Greene for Bynum, Odom, Brown , 40 and 48.
    Give me the phone number. I can negotiate.

  3. #228
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    I could care less about 2 second round picks, personally. Almost certainly worthless unless they're sweeteners for another trade.

  4. #229
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can talk the Lakers into that deal Lone Granger 33 -I'd toss David Harrison and Orien Greene in to sweeten it for Lakers.

    JO, Murphy, Harrison, and Greene for Bynum, Odom, Brown , 40 and 48.
    I've proposed that exact trade no less than twice.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #230
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    then why won't buss take it, anthem?
    This is the darkest timeline.

  6. #231
    Reppin the 317
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    we need bynum in this deal....i dont care if we dont get the #19..but we need bynum..he diogu, and granger for the future of the pacers is crazy

  7. #232
    Member mcampbellarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    olympia, wa
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    just checking, but I hope I am not alone in thinking Brown does not do a lot for the team. I would much rather see Baston playing more. I even think the Hulk has more raw talent, just needs a coach.

  8. #233
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just checking, but I hope I am not alone in thinking Brown does not do a lot for the team. I would much rather see Baston playing more. I even think the Hulk has more raw talent, just needs a coach.
    don't worry, browns just an expiring contract.

  9. #234
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, if you added "big time point production" and "great defense" to Mike's game, he'd be severely UNDERPAID and would be looking for a near-max deal.
    Which he is more than halfway to already. The MAX he could have gotten in 2005 first year was 12 I think, and he got 8.5. The MLE was only around 5 at the time.

    MAX is James and Melo. Are you saying that if Mike scored 17 a night and could play defense that he'd be Melo or James? Okay, maybe great defense is asking too much IF you tell me he can get back to hitting a 3pt shot and leading the team in points from time to time.

    But cripes, Jackson played some defense and certainly was able to shoot the 3 better than 28% and could occassionally lead the team in scoring on a given night (without taking 25 shots that is), and he's only getting around $6m.

    Tayshaun Prince got almost exactly the same extension at basically the same time for perspective on it. Is Mike really already on par with Prince? Doesn't Prince play great defense AND score the ball when asked to do so?



    Mike doesn't have the worst deal in the NBA, but that doesn't mean its not bad and that he doesn't need to add SEVERAL dimensions to his overall production in order to make good on the contract. Forget great defense, how about SOME defense.

  10. #235
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Jackson's streaky, turnover prone, disruptive and out of control nutcase, so while his PPG stats might be worth more money than he's actually making, only one team was even willing to give him the MLE because there's more to his game than stats. And its not positive. You can say SA wanted him back after the championship. They wanted him so badly that they offered him MUCH LESS than the MLE, which is why he took the one year deal with Atlanta. (And I say that's evidence that Spurs didn't really want him back when they didn't outbid Altanta's not-very-large offer, although Fool and others quickly refute that evidence by pointing to the lowball offer and a fluff piece from the SA paper that they "wanted" him back even though they really wanted to get him out of Ginoboli's way.)

    Dunleavy is not overpaid. He's better than a MLE player. He's a long way from having a max contract.

    Which he is more than halfway to already. The MAX he could have gotten in 2005 first year was 12 I think, and he got 8.5. The MLE was only around 5 at the time.
    Bad numbers again.

    http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm

    He got $6.6 in 05/06. He gets up to $8.2 in the third year of the contract, not the first year.

    You can make a case against Dunleavy all you want, but quit lying about the numbers.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  11. #236
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Are we having this discussion again?

  12. #237
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike doesn't have the worst deal in the NBA, but that doesn't mean its not bad and that he doesn't need to add SEVERAL dimensions to his overall production in order to make good on the contract. Forget great defense, how about SOME defense.
    One steal per game.

    One of the league leaders in taking charges.

    He may not be a Bruce Bowen lockdown defender (neither was your boy Jackson, though), but he's a solid team defender and IMO that's more important.

    He's an okay shooter, well-above average passer, great court vision, solid team defender, and he generally makes smart plays without forcing mistakes.

    He's worth the contract he has. If he was making a Murphy-like salary, he might be slighly overpaid.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  13. #238
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we having this discussion again?
    As long as the lies, mis-truths, and misconceptions keep getting repeated, yes.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  14. #239
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as the lies, mis-truths, and misconceptions keep getting repeated, yes.
    Well there is nothing I hate more than lies, mis-truths and misconceptions - so go at it. Jay I agree with you 100% on Mike Dunleavy by the way

  15. #240
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jay I agree with you 100% on Mike Dunleavy by the way
    Well, that's rare... must mean one of us is wrong!

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #241

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    He makes starter money. Would he be a starter if we had a shooting guard?
    How many teams would he start for?

  17. #242
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He makes starter money. Would he be a starter if we had a shooting guard?
    How many teams would he start for?
    Without going down team by team. I'd say he'd start for about 20 NBA teams - mostly at small forward - depending who the shooting guard is. For example is Lebron and McGrady small forwards or shooting guards - doesn't really matter but Dunleavy could team with those two very nicely.

    I consider Mike a starting caliber NBA player.

  18. #243
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    If we had a SG, who would start at SF, Granger or Dunleavy?

    My guess is that Dunleavy would get the nod for another year or two.

    Granger may ultimately be better, right now its a probably a tossup.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  19. #244
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Dun is overpaid, but not Troy Murphy-level overpaid.

    As far as Jack vs. Dun, Jack is a much better defender, but a worse passer, turnover-prone, and loaded with attitude problems. They're about equal shooting-wise.

    Jack would be worth more than his contract in the same way that Artest would be worth more than his contract, if they didn't have the excessive baggage. If there's anything we should have learned by now, it's that you can't judge a player solely on his on-the-court game (of which Jack's is overrated, anyway). You have to factor in the player's attitude and behavior as well, which can devalue the overall package in the case of Jack and Ron.

    If you take away the "issues," I'd rather have Jack than Dun. Otherwise, I take Dun over Jack. There isn't a big enough gap between their games/contracts to put up with all the BS Jack brings to the table.

  20. #245

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    I disagree with him starting over Danny. But I'd say he'd start for about 15 teams. Those aren't very good teams and doesn't mean he is a top 15 sf. So yeah he's getting paid about what he should.

  21. #246
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    For a bit more perspective, Dunleavy is the 83rd highest paid player in the league.

    http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries07.txt

    If he's overpaid by a half million or maybe even a million dollars, how are any of us going to know the difference?

    Wally Sczerbiak makes $4.4 million more per year than Dunleavy. Now *that's* overpaid. Antawn Jamison makes twice as much as Dunleavy.

    :chill:
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  22. #247

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    So isn't the question should we be paying for a starting caliber SF when we look to be rebuilding around forwards (Williams, Granger, Ike)?

  23. #248
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So isn't the question should we be paying for a starting caliber SF when we look to be rebuilding around forwards (Williams, Granger, Ike)?
    This posted by Jay earlier in this thread.........

    I'd like to agree with you, but because we need a real shooting guard and because already have a difficult-to-trade Dunleavy at the 3 I just feel that our level of need for (easier-to-trade) Granger is very low.


    Sounds pretty similar thoughts between the two of you.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  24. #249
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a bit more perspective, Dunleavy is the 83rd highest paid player in the league.

    http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries07.txt

    If he's overpaid by a half million or maybe even a million dollars, how are any of us going to know the difference?

    Wally Sczerbiak makes $4.4 million more per year than Dunleavy. Now *that's* overpaid. Antawn Jamison makes twice as much as Dunleavy.

    :chill:
    The Pacers are also in the bottom half of the league (16th) in terms of overall salary.

  25. #250
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacer/Laker trade nears?

    I think the biggest issue, for me, isn't that he's overpaid by half a mil but that we have an 8-million-dollar forward playing shooting guard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •